Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201) >
  • Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

• Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Old 06-25-2010, 02:26 PM

Alright!!! Thank you!!! I'm working on yours!!
    Old 06-25-2010, 03:11 PM

Deecee your blocks are beautiful as always.great work
    Old 06-25-2010, 05:10 PM

Alu could you also take a picture of my block to post, my computer is still messed up, I can only use my scanner to import to computer, the block is tooo big for that. I'll let you know when to post it. Thanks.
    Old 06-25-2010, 05:12 PM

I shall!
    Old 06-25-2010, 11:27 PM

Wow, I got dropped from the thread and just caught up on the posts/pictures for the last week. There are some wonderful blocks here.

Sugarpumpkin- just wanted to let you know I haven't forgot about you, I have the fabric for your block sitting on my table and plan to get it made this weekend, the month got away from me, if I don't get it out tomorrow it will be early next week.
    Muriel
    Old 06-26-2010, 06:03 PM

DeeCee,
    I love both those blocks you made. the platypus is such an unusual creature and definitely a novelty to us Americans.
    The paperpiece block is simply striking and I love the fabrics as well as the pattern, I'm just learning to pp I might have to try this block if I can find it in one of my books.

I received a wonderful star block from Sugarpumpkin in the Old Glory r/w/b. I really love it and makes a great addition to my collection I'm getting. I'm thinking eventually I will probably be making 2 raffle quilts for my brothers DAV chapter. One will be bright r/w/b and the other the Old Glory colonial r/w/b. I have a couple ideas turning in my head will see how these blocks continue to speak to me.
    Muriel
    Muriel
    Old 06-26-2010, 07:00 PM

AkAngel - the block comes from eQuiltPatterns.com. I haven't been paper piecing for very long - did my first one when I joined this swap - but love doing it now.
    Old 06-26-2010, 07:33 PM

I love the idea of using a platypus in a block! This is what makes our quilts so rich in memories for us! Each of us has a certain culture, and when somone else brings a part of their culture into our quilts, it is amazing! I am only in my 50's, but when I first learned about quilting, the only way we could communicate with someone from a different country was to have one pen pal to write to or trade blocks with. Now, we meet people from all over the world almost everyday, and it is wonderful to learn from each other about their culture. That block is one way of learning about each other and it's great!
    Old 06-26-2010, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by goldendog55
    I love the idea of using a platypus in a block! This is what makes our quilts so rich in memories for us! Each of us has a certain culture, and when somone else brings a part of their culture into our quilts, it is amazing! I am only in my 50's, but when I first learned about quilting, the only way we could communicate with someone from a different country was to have one pen pal to write to or trade blocks with. Now, we meet people from all over the world almost everyday, and it is wonderful to learn from each other about their culture. That block is one way of learning about each other and it's great!
    nicely said.
    Old 06-26-2010, 11:36 PM

Thank you Goldendog - and to quote quiltingnonie "Nicely said."

I have not been quilting all that long and had very little contact with other quilters until accidentally finding this Board. I come from a very "crafty" family, but no-one else quilts.

I find it very interesting to listen in on everyone's daily life and thoughts and learn about other cultures, even just seeing pics of your local landscapes and sewing rooms (in other threads) makes me feel as though I have a personal connection with so many different people from so many different walks of life. This really is a "quilting community".