Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201) >

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Old 11-11-2009, 08:39 AM

you can put a star by my name .. I am swapping with a few ladies already and should have those done by the end of the week - all things willing and would like to swap some in December too if possible.
This is such fun!
Eileen
Old 11-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

I recieved my block from 2 Doods!!! 8) 8) 8) It is so bright and pretty and I love the block design too!!! :D :D :D I was also doing the Happy Dance from the mailbox...and the neighbors don't just think I am crazy anymore :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attached Thumbnails attachment-2311.jpe  
Old 11-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Power Poster

Cindalu your block from buddysmom is beautiful :D :D :D
Old 11-11-2009, 03:10 PM

amma,

your block is amazing! 2 Doods did a great job on the points! You are very lucky.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:37 PM

Very nice amma and 2doods. Great colors and pattern.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I recieved my block from 2 Doods!!!
Oh good, it made it through the mail and I'm glad you like it. I always worry about that :oops: Your brights with black sashing is going to be a fun one to watch grow. :lol:
Old 11-11-2009, 09:20 PM

Wow, all these blocks are soooo pretty. I am seriously getting nervous and starting to think I am out of my league in joining this swap!

I completed my first quilt, a rail fence, back in June. I have one wonky log cabin block partially done (I'm not feeling inspired by it, and so haven't completed it). With the two blocks I made for Kimberly, I've made a grand total of 4 block styles.

I joined this swap as a way to challenge myself and learn from more experienced quilters, which you guys definitely are. I am really enjoying seeing all the different style blocks - they inspire me to continue to improve my skills and expand my horizons.

I hope that those I swap with will be understanding of my novice status as a quilter. My blocks may not be the best, but I will certainly put my best into each one I create. Thanks for the opportunity to be part of this swap and this community of quilters.

Cindy

PS: Kimberly, your blocks are going in the mail on Thursday.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Power Poster

Cindy, PLEASE do not worry. Everyone on the board is at different skill levels . Like you I have not made many squares and do not consider myself an expert/advanced quilter. I also joined as a way to practice squares outside my normal 9 patch / warm wishes quilting. We all want to learn and expand our skills :lol:
And haven't you heard " Quilters are the nicest people"
Old 11-11-2009, 11:25 PM

I can't speak for anyone else, but I can speak for myself. I am (will be) happy with any block I receive, because with each block comes a new quilting friendship and isn't that what this site is about. I too am using this swap as a way to try new blocks and as cindalu stated they may not be the best, but I will have given my best and I think that is all anyone can ask for.
So try to remember that this swap is about having fun, learning new things, and most importantly sharing something that we all love!
Old 11-11-2009, 11:38 PM

Cindy, I'm so glad you liked your block, I'm sure I will love the one's you made for me, I haven't posted as for some reason the messages weren't comming through.