Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201) >

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Old 11-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Power Poster

I agree cindalu with what the other's have said... It is so much fun swapping blocks/doll quilts etc... I look at each one and they all make me smile and I love each and every one that my quilting friends have made just for me!!! 8) :mrgreen: 8)
Have fun while you make them...and enjoy the anticipation waiting for your's to arrive!!! This is supposed to be fun and a way to get to know more members on the board :D :D :D
Old 11-12-2009, 03:15 AM

Well said everyone. Fun and friendship are the gifts we give to ourselves.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:00 AM

Cindalu - we all started at the beginning :D . I love these swaps bc it allows us to make things we haven't made before. I completed your block for Dec and it was the first time I had made that particular block. I am looking forward to the block you make for me, bc it is from you, it will be very special to me :D !
Old 11-12-2009, 04:09 AM

Yeap, I agree were all at different levels here and well even though I've been at this for 2 years now I haven't until this swap broken away from yeap you guessed it squares and rectangles. When I did Debs block I finally broke away and did a square with in a square, still in the square thing but still different. Oh and still more lovely blocks popping up.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:47 AM

You should have seen my first blocks!! They were bad for sure. I think we all learn something new everyday. The best thing with this group is were all friends and there for each other, couldn't ask for more!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 06:42 AM

You guys are the best!

Thanks for the reassurance that my best will be good enough. Quilters really are the nicest people - I'm so glad to be able to say that I am a quilter, too.

Now, I've got to start brainstorming for Suzic46's block for the December Swap. This is so much fun!

Have a great day, everyone!

Cindy
Old 11-12-2009, 07:14 AM

Sounds great as long as it goes on to get 12 block to complete a quilt top.
I just sent pm to you. Lillie
Old 11-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cindalu
I am seriously getting nervous and starting to think I am out of my league in joining this swap!
Don't do that to yourself. I'm sure your blocks will be beautiful. Sometimes, the simplest blocks have the most impact.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:32 PM

So, if I understand this, then we only do 1 block a month, for 1 person in colors they want. Then the next month, we get a new person and do a block for them.

I just want to make sure that I understand what is going on with this. It sounds like fun, and I just might do it.

Thanksjavascript:emoticon(':-)');
Old 11-12-2009, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by reneebobby
Yeap, I agree were all at different levels here and well even though I've been at this for 2 years now I haven't until this swap broken away from yeap you guessed it squares and rectangles. When I did Debs block I finally broke away and did a square with in a square, still in the square thing but still different. Oh and still more lovely blocks popping up.
The block is great, however I am having trouble with pics and postings again, Renee, if you made another one, perhaps you could post what you sent me. I just love it.