Old 12-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Power Poster

And some tablerunner ideas

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384415[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384416[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384417[/ATTACH]
Old 12-28-2012, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
I have been given A LOT of scraps lately, including a bag of denim. So I started looking at different denim quilt ideas. Here is one I really like that works fabulously with scraps......http://www.equilters.com/library/jea...gallbaros.html
I tried this pattern a few years ago - in denim - and it was incredibly difficult. I think I just wasn't an experienced enough quilter to do it. Good luck and let us know your progress.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:03 AM

I just discovered this swap? this am. Don't want to do swap but have been telling myself for 2+ yrs not to buy any new fab, need to use up scraps. So all I've made is with scraps. So this is wonderful! I have experimental PP blocks I've done in past & oneday I'll get them all together? I've made 20+ star blocks, from stash & more to make in a quilt for my 1st GS graduating in 2 yrs. Hope I have started early enough? Then next yr his bro & oldest GD graduate, then next yr her sis, then 3 more to do. I pray the good Lord gives my many more yrs of health to do so...
I picked scrappy stars (of course nothing girly) for boys 'cause they are sooo hard to decide for but with girls! Just about anything...
I'll keep watch here.... Love to look at others work. Might post pics of my work.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:11 AM

Rhonda, your attachements when clicked on, say invalid? Can't view any of them...pretty blocks you've made! I agree that a scrappy quilt along will be a perfect project for us! I love the idea of working on our own projects, but cheering each other on and using up our well loved (and I might add expensive scraps, as Bonnie Hunter says...those little scraps cost the same as the big pieces right?) I'm not sure if I will go with the Boston block or another of my choosing...this does look fun and if I can see what you've done with the blocks, I might jump on this pattern...DH & I are heading out of town for a few days, but will be back to be able to join in the fun here!

Foxflower, thank you for the link to the stainglass denim quilt! I've seen the pattern before, but not in denim...very interesting! I've made a few denim quilts and this would be a fun change and scrappy to boot...oh goodness the ideas just keep rolling around in my head!
Old 12-28-2012, 09:34 AM

For denim, this is definitely not a good block to use. In my opinion, denim works best if used like a rag time quilt where in you do not have to handle so many bulky seams. Also just squares or a crazy patch style is wherein I have used the denim. Thank goodness I am out of the stuff except enough to patch a hole or two in the ones we have now.
Originally Posted by karenpatrick View Post
I tried this pattern a few years ago - in denim - and it was incredibly difficult. I think I just wasn't an experienced enough quilter to do it. Good luck and let us know your progress.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:38 AM

I have to finish the last of my ufos before I can start on these. I won't be working on a scrap quilt till end of January I think, maybe sooner if so inclined. I have a couple of side swaps to finish up, a table runne swap to finish, and the boom blocks to get done, then I am taking a break doing some customer quilts, then back to my list of scraps. I want to only set the goal at one scrap quilt a month. I have a couple started already so will be using those. Thinking of joining the quilts for quilters swap and using my scraps for a quilt there. That way will keep me motivated to make it because is for someone. Then if I do the monthly dq swaps, will only be using the scraps. I have to sort thru them yet as well, and Brat, Yep there are 3 55 gallon tubs of scraps and then some. I have them in baggies around and bins where the ones I have cut are ready to go for a project then tiny 1" squares all cut in a box as well. It will be a scrapping year for me, photos and quilts.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:30 AM

Is it too late to get in on the fun,,,would love to join,I got 2 years,of swapping 2.5 strips and 2 years of 6 in sqs,,and allllll my other scraps,,,now my quild is goin for a fq swap,thus year,
Old 12-28-2012, 11:33 AM

Foxflower I did that exact pattern 2 years ago for my granddaughter. Used denim and a turquoise batik in the centers. It turned out beautiful. It makes its own backing and is heavy enough with no additional batting and backing fabric. It does take some time but I really think you'd like the outcome.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:41 AM

Thanks for the input ladies. I'm going to hold off on the stained glass quilt for now because I found a tutorial on doing the "cathedral windows" jeans quilt. It looks pretty easy. I need to do a couple baby blankets and I think this would be perfect.....it's self quilting and my head is just buzzing with ideas now. Since I'm so inspired I'm sharing this tute with you all too.....http://www.equilters.com/library/jea...gallbaros.html . Maybe I'll make on as part of the quilt along!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

OOps here are the Quilts and Tablerunners made with my Boston blocks
Attached Thumbnails scrappy-quilt-%3D%3D%3D%3D%3D.jpg   quilt-1-%3D%3D%3D.jpg   quilt-3-%3D%3D%3D%3D.jpg   table-runner-1-%3D%3D%3D%3D.jpg   tablerunner-2-%3D%3D%3D%3D.jpg  

tablerunner-3-%3D%3D%3D.jpg