Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 36 76 85 86 87 LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2169

Thread: Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Blog Entries
    It seems I have plenty of projects going as well...just get a start on something and then get interrupted, so nothing refinished and in the meantime I forget where I'm at in the project..
    My current one is a postage stamp/Irish chain quilt. 31 12x12 blocks and 32 connector blocks..I'm using fabrics that are for the most part unwanted in my general stash. They all come from my 1 1/2" bin. I hope to make a dent in the pile. When I shared it with my 12 yo GD and said it wasn't going to be very pretty, she replied, "It will have character"...made me laugh...so now it's my character quilt....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I was cutting 1 1/2 inch squares today. Over time, I have a lot cut but not a one sewn. Can't wait to see yours, OK
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Blog Entries
    Post #2126: oksewglad, I am also working on a postage stamp chain quilt. Mine will be a large lap/maybe twin made up of ninety-nine 64-patch blocks. I have 18 more chain blocks to do, but only work on them between projects so it's slow going. But I love working with these little 1-1/2" squares!
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Blog Entries
    when i was 18, and kinda sick in the head, i cut out by scissor 1" squares and sewed them together to make my boyfriends dog a quilt. the finish size was about 1/2". she loved that quilt. I must have been nuts. it was small about 36" x 45". the things we do in our youth!
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    LOL..still think I am sick in the head...can't blame youth for it

This is the quilt I am trying to put together...maybe you should give it a try Blue Bell.. Evie, is your similar to this one? I think I have a 12x12 setting alternating with a pieced chain block

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...n-t242566.html
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...c-t242958.html
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    oksewglad, I wish I had seen the pattern you're making before I started mine! I love Aunt Jen's pattern and have put it on my long "to do" list. But, mine is all finished 1" postage stamps. It's one of those "what was I thinking" projects (which definitely can't be blamed on youth!). Here's a picture of the top corner blocks:

Name:  102_0847 red.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  238.3 KB
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Blog Entries
    evie, I LOVE it!!!! love purples and pinks together. yours is amazing so far.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

OK, that is an awesome quilt. I have lots of squares cut, so I may have to do this one.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

Evie, Your quilt is very nice. Like how you are putting your squares together, color wise.

Blog Entries
    Name:  mug orchid front.PNG
Views: 229
Size:  963.5 KBName:  tote full view.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  40.1 KBName:  Stars in garden.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  128.8 KBThese are all from scraps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Nice...QuilterMomma..

Evie..Will this be a rainbow type quilt? Like what you have so far...wish I could color coordinate like you have...I know what you mean by long term project....sometimes it overwhelms me and I put it away for another day...because mine will not be pretty...aka "have character"...it's kinda hard to love.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    That is so cool Oksewglad. I love that pattern. I'll have to bookmark it so I can consider it for the future.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post

Evie..Will this be a rainbow type quilt? Like what you have so far...wish I could color coordinate like you have...I know what you mean by long term project....sometimes it overwhelms me and I put it away for another day...because mine will not be pretty...aka "have character"...it's kinda hard to love.
    ok, yes it will be a rainbow type of quilt. I'm now down in the orange-y rows. I've been working on it for over a year and figure it'll be another year before it's done! I'm sure your quilt will be lovely, as most quilts are when they're finally done, especially if you're doing the Aunt Jen layout. Can we see what you've got so far?

Blog Entries
    Will need to take pictures of the 2 blocks I have done I've been working on strip segments...Like I need 128 sets of 4 squares to pair with the chain pieces...just 31 of a 12 square segment, etc. Instead of cutting each square I'm piecing short strips together to make doubles, triples and quads. The constant is a cream center with navy and yellow with navy connecting chains. May work on it this weekend as DS is going to spend time with friends, but the DGD will be here to work on her quilt as well. Ah family......
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Oh Evie, I just love your quilt, stunning colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Evie View Post
    oksewglad, I wish I had seen the pattern you're making before I started mine! I love Aunt Jen's pattern and have put it on my long "to do" list. But, mine is all finished 1" postage stamps. It's one of those "what was I thinking" projects (which definitely can't be blamed on youth!). Here's a picture of the top corner blocks:

buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Evie View Post

Awesome postage stamp.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tkhooper View Post
    That is so cool Oksewglad. I love that pattern. I'll have to bookmark it so I can consider it for the future.

I agree that Oksewglad is making a wonderful postage stamp. They are one of my favorite quilts and hold memories of every quilt I have every made.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Evie, I love your rainbow quilt. Such pretty colors!

Quilter momma you've been busy! Lots of fun quilts!

Blog Entries
    Evie, I adore your colorway choices!

Quilter Momma, you are always a busy girl whipping up pretties!
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    I am working on that 365 challenge. They are challenging, but at the end of the year, will be so worth it. I have several patterns for scrap quilts, but just not moving forward lately. I need to get the brain in gear and forge ahead. Having to do a special quilt for SIL Father who is ill. He is Native American of the Northern Cheyenne Tribe so will be doing the Morning Star Symbol incorporated somehow into the quilt. Will be doing a lone star of sorts. It is in the brain and won't come out.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    I know how I'm going to revamp the scrappy quilt. I just don't know when.

Blog Entries
    Oksoglad. Love your Hexie quilt. What size did you use?

Blog Entries
    Thanks, giquilt....hexie size is 3/4". I use a grid that I can print onto freezer paper, cut them out and press to my squares.

Just put together a little doll quilt; pieced scrappy 5 rail fence blocks that finish 1 1/4"; in the middle of sewing some log cabin blocks with 3/4" strips to finish at 3"...I need 9 of them...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

I would like to join your club..Interested to hearing more about scrap swap..I am into civil war repro fabrics, Kafe Fassett, 30s repro and Asian fabrics.. If you decision
    De to do a swap let me know..My thoughts are that scraps should have a minimum size however to at least make the pieces fairly useable..crumb size is not for me! Thanks in advance!
    Shelly Hoffman

Blog Entries
    Happy independence day!

Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 36 76 85 86 87 LastLast