Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Quilting in the New Year March -  Registration Closed >
  • Quilting in the New Year March - Registration Closed

• Quilting in the New Year March - Registration Closed

Old 03-17-2011, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Is Shawnna like us? Hope so . I love onry.Bonni my favorite colors are purple and just about any other color.So now you can start on a table topper for me. lol Oh were you asking someone else? Mary
    LOL. I will make a table topper for whomever. I was going to make one for Dee (dream56) but it turned out to be more wall hanging size. Much to my surprise, that was perfect size for her table. LOL.

What is everybody else thinking of doing?
    Old 03-17-2011, 03:37 PM
    Power Poster

Dee how many signed up this month? Until you pm'd me I didn't even know it was goin on. I guess I missed it on here.Or maybe I thought it was a lot tuffer of a swap or something. Who knows.My memory is as small as my IQ.Gotta go make Hubby some supper or I'll be looking for a new home.bfn Mary
    Old 03-17-2011, 04:35 PM

Many of the people on the board & these swaps know that Bonni and I work at NIU. We used to work in the same dept but I transferred. Bonni and I are only separated by one building.

Here is a snippet of conversation we had this evening regarding our projects.

Bonni: Ambitious

me: lol- you know it's..... so it won't be hard - that as center and then something for outer

Bonni: I still think it's ambitious

me: oh yeah - look at you! What you are going to do isn't exactly lazy business missy

So Shawna, I am going to enjoy watching your project come to life. Bonni and I meet one day a week for quilting. Whether any quilting gets done or not, we meet - often to show colors, get opinions or ideas. To yea or ney thoughts. DEFINITELY to encourage.

I already have 3 of the fabrics I need for this months project. Just a quick trip to the fabric store for the fourth and I am ready to sew. Glad I popped out of my funk!
    Old 03-17-2011, 04:37 PM

I am wondering if my swap partner, lindyline, will like this fabric (she said she likes brights and purples). This isn't the best picture though... its more of a bright turquoise background but the flash made everything look dull.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-171112.jpe  
    Old 03-17-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by KerriV42
    I am wondering if my swap partner, lindyline, will like this fabric (she said she likes brights and purples). This isn't the best picture though... its more of a bright turquoise background but the flash made everything look dull.
    If she doesn't like it, I will take it off her hands. :) I love that fabric. I bet whatever you make with it will look great!
    Old 03-17-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Conniequilts
    Many of the people on the board & these swaps know that Bonni and I work at NIU. We used to work in the same dept but I transferred. Bonni and I are only separated by one building.

Here is a snippet of conversation we had this evening regarding our projects.

Bonni: Ambitious

me: lol- you know it's..... so it won't be hard - that as center and then something for outer

Bonni: I still think it's ambitious

me: oh yeah - look at you! What you are going to do isn't exactly lazy business missy

So Shawna, I am going to enjoy watching your project come to life. Bonni and I meet one day a week for quilting. Whether any quilting gets done or not, we meet - often to show colors, get opinions or ideas. To yea or ney thoughts. DEFINITELY to encourage.

I already have 3 of the fabrics I need for this months project. Just a quick trip to the fabric store for the fourth and I am ready to sew. Glad I popped out of my funk!
    Oh Oh.....you're starting to quote me. One of us is in trouble then. :)

You already have some of your fabric? Bring them for the next meeting. I want to see. :) You're going to love the pattern Dotty!
    Old 03-17-2011, 04:45 PM

Kerri - I like it too.
    Mary we have 26 swappers and 2 of us are doing 2 swaps.

We are trying to spread the word about how fun we are but only a few would listen.
    Old 03-17-2011, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by dream56
    Kerri - I like it too.

We are trying to spread the word about how fun we are but only a few would listen.
    Us select few....:) Quality over quantity? This is a good number though. Small enough that people can chat and not get "lost" amongst everybody.
    Old 03-17-2011, 04:49 PM

Their loss is our gain :)

Originally Posted by dream56
    Kerri - I like it too.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:50 PM

Kerri as you see we are more than willing to give you any help you may need. What are you making???? We like details, but just enough to keep your partner in suspense too.