Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Red/White/Blue Swap - Sign up closes May 15, 2010 >

Red/White/Blue Swap - Sign up closes May 15, 2010

Red/White/Blue Swap - Sign up closes May 15, 2010

Old 06-11-2010, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Originally Posted by BrendaB
Hello. I got my beautiful blocks today. I am so happy with them. I do have a question though. I did 2 sets. Was I supposed to get 4 of my own back? I don't mind, but thought I better check in case someone else can't get the right amount. I will take a picture soon.

Deb, you did an outstanding job of putting the blocks together. I never could have done what you did. Thank you for taking so much care in sorting. I love every one of the blocks I received.

If you need my blocks, let me know, but if you don't, it's fine. I do like my blocks too. :-)
If you did 2 sets, you should have gotten back 2 of your own blocks instead of 4. I just went back through pages (and pages and pages and pages) to see your blocks. I didn't receive any of your beauties. On the previous page I've posted 3 pictures of the 36 I did get back. If you'd like to swap 2 of yours for 2 of mine, please let me know. With such an enormous influx of blocks, it's so easy to have these things happen. I can't imagine how Deb is doing it. Great job that she's done!
Did I mess up something on your blocks???
Old 06-11-2010, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Hello. I got my beautiful blocks today. I am so happy with them. I do have a question though. I did 2 sets. Was I supposed to get 4 of my own back? I don't mind, but thought I better check in case someone else can't get the right amount. I will take a picture soon.

Deb, you did an outstanding job of putting the blocks together. I never could have done what you did. Thank you for taking so much care in sorting. I love every one of the blocks I received.

If you need my blocks, let me know, but if you don't, it's fine. I do like my blocks too. :-)
If you did 2 sets, you should have gotten back 2 of your own blocks instead of 4. I just went back through pages (and pages and pages and pages) to see your blocks. I didn't receive any of your beauties. On the previous page I've posted 3 pictures of the 36 I did get back. If you'd like to swap 2 of yours for 2 of mine, please let me know. With such an enormous influx of blocks, it's so easy to have these things happen. I can't imagine how Deb is doing it. Great job that she's done!
Did I mess up something on your blocks???
Oh no Deb. I'm sorry if I was misleading. I received 36 different blocks, including my 3 original. I was offering to let Brenda trade two of her original for two others that she may not have received. From looking at her pictures she posted of her blocks when she made them, it appears she made a variety, rather than 2 sets of 12 identical blocks. Could this account for how she received back 4 of her own - perhaps 4 that were each different from one another yet all made by her? I wasn't trying to open a can of worms, just was offering to give Brenda the choice of trading so she could enjoy the work of even more friends. I apologize if I've ruffled any feathers as that wasn't my intent at all. Again, I think you've done an outstanding job! Thank you!
Old 06-11-2010, 02:20 PM

I am not offended, I didn't understand what was being said. Some quilters did the same pattern, just different colors, so it made it a little crazy for me to be actual in sorting. I love all that I saw and have the pleasure of handling every on of them......talk about a kid in a candy store! I am still waiting for 2 more sets to come in so I can finish mailing the remaining packages. Those who have not received their's yet, thank you for being so patient. I know it is hard when all the pics are being posted and you are still hanging on the mailbox!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:30 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Deb watkins

Brenda, if you did two sets, you received back one block of each set - 2 blocks.
Deb, it is absoutely no big deal to me, but I wondered if it might throw numbers off on the other sets. If it is okay with you, I will just keep what I have unless you need them. I got the correct amount, just more of my own than I expected.

Sewcornie, thank you so much for the offer. I was going to swap 2 for 2 with you, but if you are happy with your blocks and I am happy with mine, I think I will just keep what I have. I had done 2 sets, so got quite a collection back. This was my first ever block swap, and I am absolutely thrilled with the blocks everyone has done to add to my sets. I will post a picture as soon as I have time to lay them out so you can see. I'm sure I caused you confusion. Being my first, I understood they were to be the same, but I thought as long as they were 9 patches, that was the "same." LOL What a goober I can be sometimes. I stuck with the same block for the batik swap, so lesson learned. :-) I'm sorry I caused confusion and appreciate so much the kindness you all have shown to me. Sewcornie, it was the sweetest thing for you to offer to swap with me, and I love you for that. Deb, I will say again, I don't know how you did it, but you did an absolutely wonderful job. I know that I could never have hosted a swap. The choices you made for me are perfect. Thank you again for all your hard work. Also, thank you to everyone who made a block for me. This board is the best!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 05:33 PM

Ladies, the rest of the blocks are going out tomorrow. I do have 8 blocks left - 4 of each of the last set that just came in.
I did extras so there could be a variety. If you would like one more block, pm me and the first 8 get them. I have enjoyed hosting this swap, and now am looking forward to Calendar Sun Bonnet Sue and the Hot Air Balloon swap. Thanks to all for being so patient with the mailing and my constant pm's to keep things on track.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:56 PM

Deb, if there's still one available I would love one. I'll be making quilts to go to Fischer House -- Military Equivalent to Ronald McDonald house here at Travis Air Force Base.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:16 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Thanks again, Deb, for doing such a GREAT JOB! :-)
Old 06-11-2010, 09:41 PM

Brenda, you are very gracious and I'm looking forward to seeing your wonderful collection. :-D
Old 06-11-2010, 09:42 PM

Brenda, you are very gracious and I'm looking forward to seeing your wonderful collection. :-D
:oops: Thanks. :-) Though I think you were the gracious one. :-)
Old 06-12-2010, 01:03 AM

I am so impressed with all the beautiful blocks you all did on this exchange. This was one I was really wanting to do but unfortunately was concerned about committing to any more exchanges at the time. I am wanting to make a R/W/B star quilt as a fundraiser (probably raffle) quilt for my brothers chapter of Disabled Americans so I will most definately be looking for the next time this comes around.
Again you all did such a marvelous job you will have some beautiful quilts to be proud of.
Muriel