Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed >

Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed

Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed

Old 09-08-2014, 08:36 AM

Happylab -

On your Streak of Lightning block, the instructions call for squares but the block ((in my opinion)) looks better with rectangle units as in MamaHauser's blocks. Do you have a preference? Squares or rectangles??

Jane
Old 09-08-2014, 08:42 AM

I started on hers last night. I think in a post she wanted a scrappy quilt with all the dark blocks different. That's what I was going to do. I'll wait for her reply before I go any further.

Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
Happylab -

On your Streak of Lightning block, the instructions call for squares but the block ((in my opinion)) looks better with rectangle units as in MamaHauser's blocks. Do you have a preference? Squares or rectangles??

Jane
Old 09-11-2014, 11:49 AM

TheMamaHauser, I plan on making your blocks tomorrow and have a question. I understand you want us to make 2 blocks. Do you want them to be the exact same block and color placement? Thank- you for answering.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:21 PM

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I have been busy at work getting ready for an inspection, (It's over now, yea!). So now this is a number one project. To answer your question, I have no preference, whatever makes it easier for you to make the block.
I like everyone's pics of blocks made so far. If I can post pics, I will as I get them done in the next week, or so. Happy sewing everyone.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
TheMamaHauser, I plan on making your blocks tomorrow and have a question. I understand you want us to make 2 blocks. Do you want them to be the exact same block and color placement? Thank- you for answering.
Yes Ma'am. Exactly the same, please.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:57 PM

Here's my 1st block for Giquilt.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 09-13-2014, 12:23 PM

I am back from vacation and totally exhausted. Giquilt.....I did go to some quilt shops when I visited my friend in NH. I did buy some patterns and some fabric. I love, I repeat, I love all the blocks that are being made. Wow we are going to have some beautiful quilts. We have a month left to mail them all off to me. Kelly I got yours and the extra box. I have not had the energy to open them yet. Jet lag. It's 2 in the afternoon and my body is saying it is 5.
I will be more conherent tomorrow. I will get my sewing table all cleaned up....my sewing machine set up and I will be all set to start sewing again. YEAH. I want to finish my blocks for this group. Wow I love them all. Gives me ideas for future patterns. I love mine.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:26 PM

Jane, I am really like yours.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:20 PM

Hello fellow swappers! Uuuuuggggggghhhhh! I am remembering how much I dislike moving! Finally getting settled in and can make breakfast! We have to be out of the previous address by October 1st.....so I am not moving my sewing room until I finish my blocks for this Swap. I have six more to make. Will start on them tomorrow and post as I finish. Everything else is moved to the new home in same community. I am too old for this chaos! ....ggggrrrrrrr! Pictures coming!
Old 09-14-2014, 01:21 PM

Here are some of my blocks. I made KatrinaJ716's block like in the picture, with yellow in the 9 patch units. If that's not what you had in mind, please let me know and I'll make you another block.
2nd block is for Groovy Pieces.
3rd block is for Old Cat Lady.

Jane
Attached Thumbnails rab.jpg   rab-groovy-pieces.jpg   rab2.jpg