Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a Boom  NEw New New - Signups Closed >

Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed

Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed

Old 03-19-2014, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by givio View Post
Nelco, Your link says: invalid. I looked at your NNN Boom album, but there's only one picture there, not the pictures of the blocks you sewed for the this boom.... Where was it you posted the pictures? I had trouble posting too, until someone told me about using the 'Go Advanced' blue button (that works for me). After you click on it, you can use the 'Manage Attachments' blue button to add pictures to your post in the thread, or a post in an album. Did you try that way?
Sorry some how it was set at privet setting. http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18998.html
try it now
Old 03-19-2014, 12:14 PM

Nelco, Yes, I can see them now. Good work!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:09 AM

Hello everyone. It is a beautiful day here in So. Calif. I am hoping that my family and friends in the east are finally thawing out and are starting to see some spring signs. Today I will be quilting all day. I was going to work in my garden......we have to clear out the entire garden area and then replant plants. But my son has taken up golf and has pulled some muscles in his rib cage and is in too much pain to help me, so I will wait. Just more time to sew.
Hope all of you are doing well. I have all 12 boxes up on the guest bed waiting for envelopes to come back. So far three have arrived.....well 4 counting me. I am getting excited.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
Hello everyone. It is a beautiful day here in So. Calif. I am hoping that my family and friends in the east are finally thawing out and are starting to see some spring signs. Today I will be quilting all day. I was going to work in my garden......we have to clear out the entire garden area and then replant plants. But my son has taken up golf and has pulled some muscles in his rib cage and is in too much pain to help me, so I will wait. Just more time to sew.
Hope all of you are doing well. I have all 12 boxes up on the guest bed waiting for envelopes to come back. So far three have arrived.....well 4 counting me. I am getting excited.
Time to enjoy the sewing room is a good thing! Hope your son feels better soon. Golf can be hazardous to one's health

I am mailing my blocks to you on Monday. Will PM the tracking number...Bee
Old 03-21-2014, 12:50 PM

I have learned something about being a moderator for a group. I have learned how patient and flexible you have to be. I know that I posted the rules and I gave them to Patrice and she ok'd them. But that said, I have talked to Patrice about some issues that have come up and so the rules will be changing a little. She feels that the restriction of stating exactly what to add to a block may be too confining and make the boom not fun. In others words, say that you wanted only a specific shade of red......that may be difficult for the person making the block to match that exactly. Also sometimes you may get a completely different block all together. Well the pattern will be the same but everything else is altered. At first you may think, oh no, what am I going to do with this. But I am thinking that sometimes we may get something different but you know, I believe that there is a reason for things like that to happen. Who knows that block may jolly well play lovely with all the other blocks. So the rules that I am changing is taking out the word advise you to follow what the person wants. I just won't have it in there. I think that we can request but maybe that is not possible for the person to do. I want this to be fun and enjoyable by all. What do you all think????? Does any of this make sense or am I just being goofy?
Old 03-21-2014, 12:53 PM

Bee, I will look forward to your envelop. Poor PBadder, her envelop is taking the scenic route. This is why I am glad we have tracking. although it is funny how a package can go from CA and is suppose to stay in CA, takes off for Illinois. Too funny.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
Bee, I will look forward to your envelop. Poor PBadder, her envelop is taking the scenic route. This is why I am glad we have tracking. although it is funny how a package can go from CA and is suppose to stay in CA, takes off for Illinois. Too funny.
I checked the tracking today and guess what it is out for delivery today yeah. Guess it had enough travel and time to get home to it's destination. So funny. So funny I sent Nelda her package and she received it within 3 days and it wasn't priority lol Postal service is so funny sometimes.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:42 PM

Yes PBadder, it is here. All done traveling and safe where it belongs. LOL.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:43 PM

urgodschild2, I think everyone seems pretty flexible so far... For example, I asked Bee Beatty if I could use more than 2 colors on her block and she said to go for it. And Groovy Pieces seems very gracious with our efforts/difficulties on the pattern she picked. ...What I'm having second thoughts about is the postage. $23.60 for 12 blocks is the most I've ever paid. In the other online bee I participate in, I pay half that. But I like getting to know the board members here, so I can consider the extra cost part of my entertainment budget. :-)
Old 03-22-2014, 07:46 PM

givio......food for thought. I figured this out for the regular swaps where you have 16 blocks to swap. It cost about 80 cents to mail your fabric out to individuals. Then it cost about 1.10 to mail the finished block back to the inidividuals. So I did the math and come up with a total of $29.80. If it is a swap of 12 blocks sent out individually then that comes in as $22.80. Now some of the blocks are going internationally and so it would cost more. Doing it this new way which is how the Board wants it done you come out with it costing you $22.40. That is paying $5.60 for each posting.. So I am unclear about which other bees you have been in. If they can do it cheaper please tell us how they do it.