Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a Boom  NEw New New - Signups Closed >

Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed

Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed

Old 03-26-2014, 10:56 AM

Gaijin, I am a lurker here, too. I was wondering if you knew the name/manufacturer of your focus fabric. For some reason, that really speaks to me. It is so lovely. Great blocks everyone. Love to see all the variations that you have come up with.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:05 AM

The padded flat rate priority envelope has a red line on it ($5.90 to mail), while the padded flat rate priority express envelope has a blue line on it (about $20. to mail). They didn't have the cheaper one at my PO, someone on QB suggested I order it online, I was in a hurry to mail my package, looked at the USPS web site, ordered the correct size flat rate envelope, and received the one with the blue line, which was the only one I saw. I was not allowed to use it at my local PO for the cheaper rate, because it's the Express envelope. I went back to the web site and couldn't locate the correct envelope there. It's not on this page that I used before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp34yI9SUeY ...and I used the search line and couldn't find where to order it either. So, it's sort of a tricky swap rule for me... I can use first class and pay for tracking-- takes longer though, and no insurance. I had to make an account to order the (wrong) envelopes, so maybe I'll order postage online next time, like Nelco. But I have to buy ink for my printer for that, I think. So many options!
Old 03-26-2014, 11:10 AM

Wrong link! lol But you might like to see the previous link I posted. Very cute FMQ pattern. :-p

Post office page I was trying to show you is: https://store.usps.com/store/browse/...ippingSupplies
Old 03-27-2014, 12:30 PM

I finished 2 more blocks today and hope to get the last 2 done by the end of the week! :-)
Old 03-27-2014, 03:02 PM

got two envelops today from Gaijin and Bee Beatty. Yeah.
We had our electricity shut off for a few hours due to some work Edison was doing. It is so sad how much I missed not being able to get on line. LOL.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:38 AM

Here is the block I made for LjDugan. I didn't realize how pretty it was until I saw it in person!
Attached Thumbnails ljdugan-givio.jpg  
Old 03-28-2014, 08:43 AM

Here's the block for HappyLab. I'm so curious how the finished project will look-- because our blocks are only a 1/4 of it! :-) I hope you post a picture later. I used stars on the background.
Attached Thumbnails happylab-givio.jpg  
Old 03-28-2014, 08:50 AM

Here is the block for Bee Beatty. I had 2 companion prints, the red flowered and the dark beige which happened to have that same 'linen look' in the background as Bee's fabric. I really wanted to use them in her block! But the red didn't have enough contrast to be near her background print, so I put it only in the middle. I'm not sure they actually do have enough contrast-- but I hope you like the block anyway. (Choosing fabrics that look nice without being boring is hard for me...I usually err on the side of too many prints and not enough solids...)
Attached Thumbnails bee-beatty-givio.jpg  
Old 03-28-2014, 08:54 AM

Here is Gaijin's block. I used the same beige print as I used in Bee Beatty's block. I liked making this block pattern a lot and plan to make it again!
Attached Thumbnails gaijin-givio.jpg  
Old 03-28-2014, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by givio View Post
Here is the block for Bee Beatty. I had 2 companion prints, the red flowered and the dark beige which happened to have that same 'linen look' in the background as Bee's fabric. I really wanted to use them in her block! But the red didn't have enough contrast to be near her background print, so I put it only in the middle. I'm not sure they actually do have enough contrast-- but I hope you like the block anyway. (Choosing fabrics that look nice without being boring is hard for me...I usually err on the side of too many prints and not enough solids...)
Givio,

You and I have that in common for sure! I love blending fabrics with patterns together! And you made wonderful choices. I love what you have done here....the lace is a perfect accent for this block. I have made several blocks to use with these blocks. If you would see them you would know why I love the one you made......thank you!

Bee