Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013 >

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Old 08-11-2013, 05:18 AM

I just thought they were cool .. when I see something so creative like that I get humbled. I make suntanning chickens! but this patchwork scrappy critter? very fun.

I have a question here: I can use my old windowsxp to insert pictures here in the message board. I can not get my windows 8 to attach photos at all .. it doesn't say its too big or anything. I gives me the window to attach photos I pick one when I hit the upload button nothing it doesn't spin nothing it just sits there on my screen irking the heck out of me. If you know how to fix this let me know. I can put photos in albums but not here.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:28 AM

Dusty went through a fascination with chickens when he was about 8-9 years old. We had a red poodle then, lived one 4 acres in the country, and he tried to talk us into getting a couple as pets. I told him that wasn't allowed by the people we bought the property from. Actually that was on the short list of allowed animal-related uses for the property, along with horses, goats, and mules, but I wasn't telling him that! (Who puts covenants like that on property that's 10 miles from civilization in the middle of nowhere?)

Anyway, my Dusty was a silly child, and he and I have always cut up more than we've been serious. We used to change the words to songs on the radio and make our own silly songs as we drove down the road. Well, when he was in his chicken stage, one of his favorite things to say was "Cluck, cluck, cluck and a cock-a-doodle-dooooo!" Inevitably, I would always look at him and give him some variation of "Rock the poodle too?" I miss that little carefree happy boy. He was so smiley and outgoing back then. Now, he meets someone and you're lucky if he says anything more than "Hi" to them. Working at CVS seems to be helping a little though.

So today I'll be sewing a bit, doing a little embroidery, and working out what I have in my stash that I might want to use for this swap. I'm going to Atlanta next weekend, so I'm planning to go fabric shopping for http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t226990.html anyway and was just thinking that I need to gather some stuff for this too while I'm there. I have some really fun hot air balloon fabric from Denmark I could use, or my 2 apple fabrics I got there too, or I could go in a completely opposite direction! I have so much to pick from in my stash, and hardly any of it goes together because I've been buying what I like on a whim instead of thinking what I need to go together. I'm thinking it's time to resort the stash soon. My drawers are all full, as is the box on top, which is putting too much weight on the top of the plastic drawers & making it hard to get the top drawer open.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I love the cows! The black and white one is really neat the way it was designed. I grew up with cows and hogs for playmates so it brings back memories. My aunt was afraid of the cows and I could never understand that. I wouldn't want to be stepped on by one but other than that they are gentle creatures.
Until they get drunk eating rotten apples under the tree! Then you pop up in the grasses and yell BOO before scrambling up a tree fast!!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:35 AM
Power Poster

E are you using the icon to post a pic or are you using the go advanced method? I have also found some browsers won't let me post a pic. I have to use IE or Firefox if I want to add pictures. Also are you using jpeg files? I always use jpeg. There are other types of files it accepts but I know jpeg works.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Power Poster

Default Sign up Updated

Have a great time with this swap everyone!!
Remember to post pictures along the way!! That's half the fun!

For anyone who hasn't joined us before please make sure to send me your address.
Let me know if you have any allergies or anything else I should know.
Also let me know if you are smoke free or fur free home.

Welcome to our new players!! And Welcome Back to our regular players!!!
Hope you all have a great time planning and posting pics and creating great Wall Hangings!

As long as you have a wall hanging ready to mail by the mail date you can join us any time.

1. cjr
2. ube quilting
3. skaduzy
4. quiltymom
5. tildemae
6. Mariah
7. Yankeegirl
8. Quiltjoey
9. Quiltaddiction
10.Jaba
11.Elisabrat
12 JNCT14
13 mimiknoxtaylor
14 applique
15 createfourpaws
16 nancia
17 Aurora
18 Dusty'sMomma
19 Marytoddliz
20 berryberry
21 omacookie
22 EagleOneOwl2U2
Old 08-12-2013, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I just thought they were cool .. when I see something so creative like that I get humbled. I make suntanning chickens! but this patchwork scrappy critter? very fun.

I have a question here: I can use my old windowsxp to insert pictures here in the message board. I can not get my windows 8 to attach photos at all .. it doesn't say its too big or anything. I gives me the window to attach photos I pick one when I hit the upload button nothing it doesn't spin nothing it just sits there on my screen irking the heck out of me. If you know how to fix this let me know. I can put photos in albums but not here.
Hello - I too have windows 8 and had problems attaching pictures when I posted now threads. I tried the little tree and could not attach photos that way and still don't have that working. I just clip on the paperclip for attachments and go that route. I did learn that one cannot post pictures that are too large. If I wait long enough I may get a message saying it failed but I don't think I even get that message a lot of the time. I solved this by going into photo gallery and there is a place there where you can resize your picture. I basically just had to highlight the picture, resize and save. Then make sure you are attaching the resized version when you attach. I have had no further problems since I did this. It nearly drove me crazy until I figured this out. Just remember to resize the picture and do it as an attachment. I still haven't figured out how to do it the other way but this way is so simple. Good luck!!
Old 08-13-2013, 12:18 PM

HAHA!!! Ube got her 'jaba'!!! (I say running around and throwing confetti in the air...) - will post this on 3rd WH Swap thread just in case! Working on 2 WH for over my bed, then on to the 4th WH swap!!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JNCT14 View Post
HAHA!!! Ube got her 'jaba'!!! (I say running around and throwing confetti in the air...) - will post this on 3rd WH Swap thread just in case! Working on 2 WH for over my bed, then on to the 4th WH swap!!!!
Hi every one. This is the last of the cross over posts between the 3rd and 4th WH swap. I received an angel thank you from JNCT14 and here it is. Thank you JNCT14.

I quickly pinned it to another small quilt to display it asap after receiving it. I will do a better job of displaying it this weekend. This happy little bird has a body of deep rich purple with subtle sparkle. I love it.

There is a great golf tee pin keeper which I will put to use when doing applique and bindings.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]430094[/ATTACH]
This pic shows the great assortment of 2.5" strips in R W & B. Now to find a pattern for them!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]430095[/ATTACH]

Thank you again JNCT14 and Rhonda and "Jaba" and everyone who made this a fun swap.

Officially, I have been "jabaed".
peace to all
Attached Thumbnails dsc04660.jpg   dsc04661.jpg  
Old 08-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltjoey View Post
Ube, I love the Cluck, Cluck! My husband loves chickens and would say Cock-a-doodle-do!!
I used to keep chickens. A rooster from who knows where found my pen. He strutted for days and crowed for days, just waiting for the girls to come out and play. He roosted every night in the very top of a tall arborvitae bush for about two weeks.

My DH had enough of the noise and one late night climbed the bush, and surprised the rooster.

He ended up in

the pen.

We named him Romeo. He was a happy rooster!
peace
Old 08-14-2013, 02:27 AM

One is very fortunate to be Jabaed. It doesn't happen often but when it does.. well bells and whistles go off.

I love the fabrics the doll quilts! thanks for the advice on my computer questions. When I use my windows xp to post no issues at all when I post here nothing so its the new windows not the size of the pics. lucky the other one is not totally dead yet so I can use that to post when need be. I love the chicken cow stories. You guys make me smile so early in the morning and Dustysmomma its tougher than tough some times when we see them go down such a different road then they started. I am in the same boat had a frustrating chat with my boy yesterday he is 27. He has lost his job and now is apartment at the end of the month. He told me I didn't know anything and didn't understand and well I guess I don't. How un fun is that? I am so glad yours is doing better with people now that he is forced to work with them. It has to pull you out of your shell a bit doesn't it?