Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

I still haven't received my wall hanging from the last one and I have way too much to do but what the heck-- Sign in up Rhonda. The last one was fun on my part so I'll try again.
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I haven't either Mimi but signed up again

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Rhonda;6141472]Welcome to our 4th Wall Hanging Swap!

Here is how the Swap works!

You have 4 months to make a wall hanging of your choice.
    All techniques are allowed.

any time you like - there is no deadline to sign up

Ok, I can't resist! I'll join the fun and send my PM. Just a warning though.....mine will most likely be on the larger size. They just tend to take on a life of their own and grow to the right size!
    Debbie
    Machine It

Well I have a wall for that larger wall hanging I have only one thing hanging in my bedroom, a marvelous beaver skin my dh thought would make a special gift for me. He is grand at special gifts. I now call the beaver Wallie. So please something out of cotton for the wall would be a treat here. lol.. I love nature fabrics and also Bright happy fabrics. so easy to please just no fur please.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries

Have a great time with this swap everyone!!
    Remember to post pictures along the way!! That's half the fun!

For anyone who hasn't joined us before please make sure to send me your address.
    Let me know if you have any allergies or anything else I should know.
    Also let me know if you are smoke free or fur free home.

Welcome to our new players!! And Welcome Back to our regular players!!!
    Hope you all have a great time planning and posting pics and creating great Wall Hangings!

1. cjr
    2. ube quilting
    3. skaduzy
    4. quiltymom
    5. tildemae
    6. cogito
    7. Yankeegirl
    8. Quiltjoey
    9. Quiltaddiction
    10.Jaba
    11.Elisabrat
    12 JNCT14
    13 mimiknoxtaylor
    14 applique
    Just a note - please remember if you find you can't mail by the due date anyone not mailing within 2 weeks after will be suspended from the next swap. You will be allowed to join again. But a second time of not sending on time will result in permanent suspension and negative feedback.

so please keep in communication with me if you find you will have trouble mailing on time! Now is the time to rethink your time management not when the mailing date arrives.

I think it is totally reasonable to expect everyone to find time over 4 months to make and send your wall hanging. Any more than that really shouldn't be needed unless there are some totally unexpected health problems or emergencies arise.

Blog Entries
    Looks like another great start to the forth exchange. I am excited already!
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    Liking the players here, let me think on it first before I committ. I have to finish up a couple other swaps before I play along.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Sign me up, this will be fun. I will PM you my information. I would prefer no international.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blog Entries
    hey, cindy! good to see you! this is a fun swap, so put me on the list, please, rhonda! i think i can get something made by october 29th! LOL

oh, i'm happy to do international! i can do an animal theme if that's the direction we're taking. i just happen to have a kazillion cat patterns, owls, dog fabric, wild horses.....fish, whatever! i like teddy bears better than grizzlies, my dd inherited all my roosters, but i have zebra, monkey, frog, giraffe, leopard and elephant all represented in my home. have 2 cocker spaniels and 2 cats. numerous bunnies, squirrels, raccoon, and possum outside.
    Last edited by nancia; 07-17-2013 at 01:28 PM.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries

For anyone who hasn't joined us before please make sure to send me your address.

Hope you all have a great time planning and posting pics and creating great Wall Hangings!

As long as you have a wall hanging ready to mail by the mail date you can join us any time.

1. cjr
    2. ube quilting
    3. skaduzy
    4. quiltymom
    5. tildemae
    6. cogito
    7. Yankeegirl
    8. Quiltjoey
    9. Quiltaddiction
    10.Jaba
    11.Elisabrat
    12 JNCT14
    13 mimiknoxtaylor
    14 applique
    15 createfourpaws
    16 nancia

I'm going back to the original idea and everyone who sends me a confirmation that they have a wall hanging ready to mail will get an address to send to. this way everyone should get their wall hanging in a reasonable amt of time.

Blog Entries
    Post pics everyone!! We love to see your fabrics or ideas you are thinking of using in your wall hanging. The more pictures means more fun!!!

Blog Entries
    Rhonda,

Please sign me up as well. I have chosen a pattern and am ready to do some stash shopping. It is a little applique, a little embroidery, and a little embellishment. I am starting with a clean slate, so I should be able to start on it immediately.

I will post fabric choices early next week.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    oh, i'm happy to do international! i can do an animal theme if that's the direction we're taking. i just happen to have a kazillion cat patterns, owls, dog fabric, wild horses.....fish, whatever! i like teddy bears better than grizzlies, my dd inherited all my roosters, but i have zebra, monkey, frog, giraffe, leopard and elephant all represented in my home. have 2 cocker spaniels and 2 cats. numerous bunnies, squirrels, raccoon, and possum outside.
    We are not doing themes are we? I was thinking it was quilters choice? I for one would not want to receive an animal themed quilt...or make one. I Like dogs (I have one) and cats, , I just don't like ANY novelty print quilts, sorry that's just me.
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

Blog Entries

As long as you have a wall hanging ready to mail by the mail date you can join us any time.

1. cjr
    2. ube quilting
    3. skaduzy
    4. quiltymom
    5. tildemae
    6. cogito
    7. Yankeegirl
    8. Quiltjoey
    9. Quiltaddiction
    10.Jaba
    11.Elisabrat
    12 JNCT14
    13 mimiknoxtaylor
    14 applique
    15 createfourpaws
    16 nancia
    17 Aurora

I'm going back to the original idea and everyone who sends me a confirmation that they have a wall hanging ready to mail will get an address to send to. this way everyone should get their wall hanging in a reasonable amt of time.

Blog Entries
    There are no restrictions. You can make your WH any way you want. NO themes.

Blog Entries
    sorry! didn't mean to confuse things. someone mentioned the possibility of an animal theme and i was just expressing my willingness to go that route . i do have a history of doing cat wall hangings because i have such a good collection of cat patterns. i recognize there are NO THEMES!
    you asked , rhonda, about our homes. we are smoke-free but i will accept from a smoker, no problem! and as i've said i do have cats and dogs and a large roller with sticky paper to de-fur things as they go out the door.

Blog Entries
    @post# 28: applique, Large is okay. I have a big wall to fill, if I should happen to receive one from you!
    peace

Blog Entries
    sorry! didn't mean to confuse things. someone mentioned the possibility of an animal theme and i was just expressing my willingness to go that route . i do have a history of doing cat wall hangings because i have such a good collection of cat patterns. i recognize there are NO THEMES!
    you asked , rhonda, about our homes. we are smoke-free but i will accept from a smoker, no problem! and as i've said i do have cats and dogs and a large roller with sticky paper to de-fur things as they go out the door.
    It might have been my fault for the confusion. I mentioned birds and someone else mentioned bears so commented that it looked like a theme starting. Please don't let my silliness limit anything any body wants to create. I think the sky is the limit!
    peace

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
    It might have been my fault for the confusion. I mentioned birds and someone else mentioned bears so commented that it looked like a theme starting. Please don't let my silliness limit anything any body wants to create. I think the sky is the limit!
    peace

Skies! Our heat wave is supposed to end on Saturday and I have skies to paint. I had better get the clouds attached now! Thanks for the reminder.
    Debbie
    Machine It

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
    peace
    Oh Ube, don't apologize for silliness! That's part of the fun of this board....we can be silly, a little goofy, and just have fun! I just started worrying I was gonna have to make a gorilla quilt or something!
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

Blog Entries
    Wow, gorilla's really?! That sounds cool, do we get to see it first?
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    yup, a gorilla in the center framed by 2 long neck giraffes and a border of flaming pink flamingos! i think we have a new design coming forth! i am personally short on gorillas, but i have all the others!!

Been reading here and thinking about the swap.I have a question-do we share any preferences of our own as far as the wallhanging we receive? Like if someone didn't care for animal themes for example? That might make a lot more work for the hostess!? Just curious how this all works!
    jillnjo

Blog Entries
    yup, a gorilla in the center framed by 2 long neck giraffes and a border of flaming pink flamingos! i think we have a new design coming forth! i am personally short on gorillas, but i have all the others!!
    Waaay too funny! Love your sense of humor!

Hmm, I'm thinking on this one. I guess it depends on how much arm twisting I get, lol. I have all sorts of woodsy stuff I can use if anyone's into that.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast