Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013 >

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Old 10-30-2013, 04:57 PM

Was exhausted when I got home last night, went to bed at 7 and didn't get up until almost 7 this morning. That's a record for me. Good news is no surgery right now. Have to take medication, enough to choke a horse, doc says no pushing, pulling, lifting or bending for the next 6-8 weeks. Gees, asked him if I could get dressed and he said very carefully. Told me to stay on chair or bed rest, okay sewing chair will work. Set up physical therapy this morning, 4 times a week for 6 weeks, great....can hardly wait. I go back to see him Dec. 10th and then he will evaluate more. Interviewed a cleaning lady today, don't know for sure on this one but will give her a try. Hopefully at least my house will be dusted and vacuumed and the bathrooms clean, if not I'll be a raging bull and going nuts. So far the medication is making me feel a little oozy and light headed and very tired. Hope it gets better as my system gets use to it. What ever it does, I just want it to do the job and get rid of this ache and pain, so praying his plan of attack will work. Thanks all of you for all your good thoughts, it is much appreciated. Thank heavens most of the sewing is done for the swaps, just have a round robin to work on. I have this feeling it may be in small spurts of energy, we will see.
Posted this in a swap this morning so will add to it now for all of you. Very small spurts of energy, about 30 minutes I had to sit. Hope my system gets use to this medication but the physical therapist told me today that it should make me lethargic, that what the doc wants....he has his wish. Thank heavens my wall hanging is done and I can send.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:47 AM

Jaba hope you get better quick! Nothing worse than feeling horrible.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:53 AM

Sending good well wishes...being in pain is never fun especially when it interferes with quilting! Take care Jaba!
Old 10-31-2013, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

Take care Jaba. Getting well, sometimes is a long hard road, up hill. Keep your therapy up and do as Doc says and aim for the best outcome.

maybe you will find some kind of hand sewing you can do to relieve boredom if it sets its sights upon you. Doing GFG or some embroidery blocks for a future quilt.
peace
Old 11-01-2013, 01:00 AM

Yay I got my address! My wall hanging is going tomorrow!
Old 11-01-2013, 05:36 AM

I got my address, but someone has to be patient. This little quilt has a long way to go!
Old 11-01-2013, 06:46 AM

Going in slow motion around here but they do say slow and steady is the best right? Going to package my little wall hanging and get it sent today. It's headed way east from me. Looking forward to receiving my surprise.
What is the next theme for these little jewels? It would be Feb - Mar ? Spring maybe? or did I miss a post that said what it is......
JNCT I'm confused, is it JNCT25 or JNCT14 or is there 2 of you out there?

Last edited by jaba; 11-01-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Power Poster

Jaba, I think the 25 - 14 was a mis-print. 14 is the correct answer, I think. Wait for rhondas answer to be sure. I have not seen a JNCT25 on any of our posts, so I think it would be save to say "14" is the magic #.

I have my address and will say my Rose Petal is taking a long trip. I forgot to bring a piece of cardboard home from work so I can't mail mine till Monday. Hope a few days won't matter. I so wanted to mail it on Saturday.

I am anxious to see what comes to my door. I have a place or two or three ready for it, depending on what it is.

Peace to all
Old 11-01-2013, 01:49 PM

Thanks ube, just wasn't quite sure. Just finished mailing mine to my partner....its on the way
Old 11-01-2013, 07:19 PM

I'm glad someone else can't mail theirs until Monday (thanks for saying that, Ube!), because I didn't get it done today. Our post office isn't open on Saturdays and doesn't have a machine that lets you do it yourself, either. But Monday it will be on its way to a state that's close to mine, alphabetically, but a long way away geographically.