Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Round Robin #10 BlueBirds of Happiness >

Round Robin #10 BlueBirds of Happiness

Round Robin #10 BlueBirds of Happiness

Old 03-11-2014, 03:51 AM

I received Jane's top. I will post a picture today or tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:13 AM

I was making a quilt as you go and thought a pretty designed stitch between the blocks would be nice. But even though I changed the needle, thread, bobbin, and speed nothing seemed to work for any length of time. so I just went back to hand sewing. thanks for looking at your book. I have just the one that came with the machine and it doesn't say much - just the recommended foot for each stitch.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
I was making a quilt as you go and thought a pretty designed stitch between the blocks would be nice. But even though I changed the needle, thread, bobbin, and speed nothing seemed to work for any length of time. so I just went back to hand sewing. thanks for looking at your book. I have just the one that came with the machine and it doesn't say much - just the recommended foot for each stitch.

Sorry it didn't work. Maybe it didn't work because you were trying to do a decorative stitch. On page 43 of the "Instruction and Reference Guide" that came with your machine there is a Memo that says "Only the straight stitch 'with reinforcement stitching'and the zigzag stitch can be used with the walking foot." Did some more searching. On the top of your machine is a dial...it's called "Pressure Foot Pressure Dial". It should be set on 1-2
for thick fabrics and 3-4 for standard to thin fabrics.

GOOD LUCK ! I'm five-year you asked the question because I found some things I wasn't' t aware of myself !!!
Old 03-11-2014, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Wonnie View Post
Sorry it didn't work. Maybe it didn't work because you were trying to do a decorative stitch. On page 43 of the "Instruction and Reference Guide" that came with your machine there is a Memo that says "Only the straight stitch 'with reinforcement stitching'and the zigzag stitch can be used with the walking foot." Did some more searching. On the top of your machine is a dial...it's called "Pressure Foot Pressure Dial". It should be set on 1-2
for thick fabrics and 3-4 for standard to thin fabrics.

GOOD LUCK ! I'm five-year you asked the question because I found some things I wasn't' t aware of myself !!!
I'm "five year"?????????????? Where did THAT come from?????? I typed, "I'm GLAD......" but after I posted it I looked up to see THAT !!!!
Old 03-12-2014, 06:49 AM

Thanks! Im five year you answered!!
Old 03-16-2014, 02:35 PM

Here is a picture of Jane's top.
Attached Thumbnails janes-top.jpg  
Old 03-17-2014, 05:16 AM

that is the perfect border - great job. this is one beautiful top
Old 03-26-2014, 07:27 AM

Thanks Janet. Thought I had responded to you but guess not. Sorry. Where are you in your travels now?
Old 04-01-2014, 10:16 AM

I have arrived!! We saw our daughter last night and was so wonderful to see her "with child"!! We will be staying outside of Baltimore at a nice campground - wasn't where we thought we would be but my middle name is change (and patience!!)
I will send my addy to Anne and hopefully receive two tops that I can't wait to start.
Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 04-01-2014, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
I have arrived!! We saw our daughter last night and was so wonderful to see her "with child"!! We will be staying outside of Baltimore at a nice campground - wasn't where we thought we would be but my middle name is change (and patience!!)
I will send my addy to Anne and hopefully receive two tops that I can't wait to start.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Good to hear from you Janet! Did you run into much snow in your travels? Been through Baltimore several times on our way to North East, Md to visit one of my daughter's and her family. Probably won't get back that way any time soon though since they just sold their house and moved back to Florida.