Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Round Robin #10 BlueBirds of Happiness >

Round Robin #10 BlueBirds of Happiness

Round Robin #10 BlueBirds of Happiness

Old 02-20-2014, 03:50 PM

Really cool, Jane and very unique!!! I love it.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:40 PM

It's final - my sewing machine is moved into the trailer! Along with as much stash as I could find room for!!
Hubby asked me if I could really go a whole month without sewing. I told him no - and I have two bindings to hand sew and one quilt to tie and I will be planning so many things in my head!
Won't be getting any mail for a month so hopefully when we get to MD and I get an address, Anne can send me both tops to work on. Then hopefully I will be able to settle in and get them done! will await your postings and updates - keep warm and dry!
Janet
Old 03-01-2014, 02:33 PM

Janet's quilt top is finished however between the much needed unrelenting rain and this miserable cold I've been battling, I have just not been able to make it to the post office. When the rain lets up and my brain is swirling in - - - well, you know - - - I'll get to the PO and mail off Janet's quilt top.

After reading Janet's post above, do I send it to the address I have for her or to an address in MD? Let me know.

Now I'm going to take lots of drugs and go back to bed.

Jane
Old 03-01-2014, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
Janet's quilt top is finished however between the much needed unrelenting rain and this miserable cold I've been battling, I have just not been able to make it to the post office. When the rain lets up and my brain is swirling in - - - well, you know - - - I'll get to the PO and mail off Janet's quilt top.
Uilting w
After reading Janet's post above, do I send it to the address I have for her or to an address in MD? Let me know.

Now I'm going to take lots of drugs and go back to bed.

Jane
Jane, take care and get some rest.. I didn't surf back through our posts but I think I remember Janet saying she would contact us when they got to their destination with a new address. Does anyone else remember?
Old 03-01-2014, 07:29 PM

Janet, have a great time and be safe!
Old 03-02-2014, 12:03 PM

Jane - you normally sent to Anne - but since she has two tops already......
Just hold onto it and in a month I will have a MD address for mailing and share it with you and Anne.
Hope you feel better and are in a safe area with the rain.
Thanks
Old 03-05-2014, 10:22 AM

Anne, here is a picture of your top. Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails annes-top-bluebirds-round-robin-02.jpg   annes-top-bluebirds-round-robin.jpg   annes-top-bluebirds-round-robin-03.jpg  
Old 03-05-2014, 11:16 AM

WOW! That's gorgeous Sherry!!! Since I won't see it again, how did you applique the reindeer? I've never done it that way. Can't tell for sure but it looks like a buttonhole stitch around the edges.....by hand?.....by machine? I've tried to use the machine but just can never get it smooth and points and circles were a disaster. Is there a secret to it????
Old 03-05-2014, 11:42 AM

Yvonne, thank you. I used light heat and bond, press it in place and applique by machine. It is just like the ones I appliqued onto your neighborhood quilt. It is a button hole stitch that is on my machine. I just go slow when stitching. I put the needle at the edge of what I am going to stitch. Since I am blind in my right eye, I do not have depth perception. So, I just stop at the points, with needle down, turn fabric and have needle go back into the applique. I also bought a foot with an open toe. The one I started with, just had a tiny opening. I thought I would go blind trying to see where to stitch. I almost went crazy. LOL. I am always afraid I will mess up. It is called a raw edge stitch. I tried needle turning applique and burned myself several times, so I quit doing that. When I piece something, I use 1/4" foot, due to no depth perception. It is hard to figure out where to stitch when something calls for a scant 1/4" seam,
Old 03-05-2014, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by ssnare View Post
Yvonne, thank you. I used light heat and bond, press it in place and applique by machine. It is just like the ones I appliqued onto your neighborhood quilt. It is a button hole stitch that is on my machine. I just go slow when stitching. I put the needle at the edge of what I am going to stitch. Since I am blind in my right eye, I do not have depth perception. So, I just stop at the points, with needle down, turn fabric and have needle go back into the applique. I also bought a foot with an open toe. The one I started with, just had a tiny opening. I thought I would go blind trying to see where to stitch. I almost went crazy. LOL. I am always afraid I will mess up. It is called a raw edge stitch. I tried needle turning applique and burned myself several times, so I quit doing that. When I piece something, I use 1/4" foot, due to no depth perception. It is hard to figure out where to stitch when something calls for a scant 1/4" seam,
Guess I'm just going to have to practice until I get it right. It's okay girls...I won't be practicing on yours!!! LOL T