Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Round Robin III, Group 10, Now called Boomerang Borders

Banned
    Love the fabric you choose. Its looking great!

Thanks for posting the picture,
    Sherryl

yw! I wanted to find a fabric that would tie in all the colors...the blue and purple, but also the black and green!

Quote Originally Posted by candlequilter
    Love the fabric you choose. Its looking great!

Thanks for posting the picture,
    Sherryl

Just an FYI...I don't have the next round yet and it's due to be mailed out from me in less than 30 days!
    Has anyone heard from Barbsbus? I haven't seen her on the board and hope she is OK. She is one who always has her stuff out on time and was planning on having this round done to send my way back in March sometime! I've pm'd her but haven't heard back...I'm hoping she is OK.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kysmommy2
    Just an FYI...I don't have the next round yet and it's due to be mailed out from me in less than 30 days!
    Has anyone heard from Barbsbus? I haven't seen her on the board and hope she is OK. She is one who always has her stuff out on time and was planning on having this round done to send my way back in March sometime! I've pm'd her but haven't heard back...I'm hoping she is OK.
    Hi,
    I was wondering the same thing. She hasn't posted anything on the board since March 9th. I sure hope everything is okay. Was her regular email posted on the list of everyone in this group originally.

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

I am not sure--I think I probably saved it though-I'll try emailing her there. I'm really concerned for her, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by kysmommy2
    Hi,
    I was wondering the same thing. She hasn't posted anything on the board since March 9th. I sure hope everything is okay. Was her regular email posted on the list of everyone in this group originally.

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

Here is my center. I am so excited as this is my very first round robin and the idea that it is international too is just awesome. :thumbup:
    Stunning ! @@ What pattern is that?

Hello everyone.
    I finally was able to get my computer back from the hospital. It was very sick and I had to wait to bail it out besides lots of life got in my way with hubby's health issues and I was also trying to get the program and printing done for my quilt guild's quilt show that is now over. Thank goodness. I volunteered for that job, thinking that it was something I could do while I cared for hubby's needs. I am so glad these past months are over and things are looking much better. Anyway to cut it short, I think I will have some space for me and you guys on the quilting board. I have the boarder almost finished for Quilters Girl's center and will be going to Redding at the end of the week to get the material for Little Mo's center. I feel so bad that I got behind on my obligations for this round robin but I know all of us from time to time have to deal with life before we can do what we really would like to be doing. I am in process of really doing a deep cleaning of my sewing room and hopefully will find the missing label for Quilt Addict's center. My daughter thought she was doing me a favor and helped to get ready for unexpected company months ago and the label got buried. I know it is in that room someplace. When I find it I will send it on the Quilter Girl's center so everyone can sign it. I have never been so disorganized in my whole life.
    Hope you all understand. Would love to hear how you are all doing and see some pictures.

Barbsbus, just so glad to hear that you are okay and it has just been life getting in the way of our passion. I can make a new label if needed and send it on the way. Just let me know.

I am feeling like I am going to be behind next one also. The good news is I am going to Maui on Sunday for a week. Bad news, is I still have no idea on what to do for KSY's center. Maybe it will have to go to HI with me. Here it is going to be last minute again.

Yeah! I found the missing label. I will send it with the top that I hope to work on this week. I knew it had to still be in the house. It was in a bag of UFO's.

Yes, I went on vacation for a week before I got my work on this center done. Last weekend was filled with church meetings, tonight is guild meeting. So tomorrow I will be officially behind.

Okay, I have some ideas and fabric that i think will work. I hope to be able to finish this weekend and get it in the mail for you.

Just cannot seem to do it justice.

Banned
    I have never received the quilt center that I am suppose to or was suppose to have been working on that was due for me to send out June 15th.

Could someone please tell me what is going on?

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

Who was supposed to send it?

I just checked, it was Kirsty. I sent it to her. It was a week or so late, but she should have received it some time ago. Hope this helps.

Oh, I hope we don't have a lost one in our group. Others have had that problem.

We have a very quiet group.

Hi everyone,
    I am finially back on line and my life is getting back to almost normal. I was able to finish up the borders for Little Mo and Quiltergirl 80's tops and they and the label for Quilt Addicts top were mailed to Kysmommy2 Monday afternoon. I hope that everyone will be sending the RR and life will stay out of our ways. This has been one very unusual year for me. I will be sending pms to everyone to see how everyone is doing.

I'm not lost. I'm really sorry Sherryl. I thought I was only behind a couple of weeks. We had lice come home from school twice, so the top went into quarentine for 2 weeks (it was in the main living area) and then I had a family emergency due to my dad falling 9ft onto his head and being airlifted across the state to the major trauma center. I was in Seattle with him for over 3 weeks. I'm almost caught up on all of my swaps, I think...except for my IRR. I did receive the next top from Australia the beginning of the month.

I am sure everyone will eventually end up with their tops, some unfortunate family emergencies have gotten in the way of timely mailings but it will all be good in the end. It will be a lot of fun to see all the finished tops. Hope to hear from all of you soon.

I am working on quiltergirl80's top and am hoping to send it to Australia this coming week!! I found the PERFECT fabric!! and yes...we do have a quiet group ;) But I am glad that everyone is understanding!!

I just realized that it's been a while since pics have been posted. Here is quiltergirl80's and littlemo's RR's as they arrived to me...I have not added my border yet ;)
    I am about halfway through making the border for quiltergirl80's though!!! I plan on shipping it off this coming week!
    Please excuse the lack of space-my design wall is filled up and I had a traffic jam with chairs in my room at this moment in time!!

quiltergirl80's after round 3
    Name:  Attachment-230870.jpe
Views: 26
Size:  59.1 KB

littlemo's after round 4
    Name:  Attachment-230871.jpe
Views: 27
Size:  73.4 KB

hint at what I am adding to quiltergirl80's!
    Name:  Attachment-230872.jpe
Views: 24
Size:  73.9 KB

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltergirl80
    I'm not lost. I'm really sorry Sherryl. I thought I was only behind a couple of weeks. We had lice come home from school twice, so the top went into quarentine for 2 weeks (it was in the main living area) and then I had a family emergency due to my dad falling 9ft onto his head and being airlifted across the state to the major trauma center. I was in Seattle with him for over 3 weeks. I'm almost caught up on all of my swaps, I think...except for my IRR. I did receive the next top from Australia the beginning of the month.
    Still haven't received any tops to be working on from last round or this one. Any news?

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

I'd LOVE to see a pic of the next round on my center!!!! :o)))) I'm excited-it's getting close to coming home!!

Still haven't received any tops to be working on from last round or this one. Any news?

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

ahh!!! I bought 3 yards of fabric...I have 3 sides complete, working on the 4th and don't have enough! Ahh well, a trip to the shop is now necessary....oh darn ;)

Hi Sherryl! I've purchase the fabric for both tops and was planning on getting started on them this week (been driving my step daughter across the state for a couple of summer camps) but just came home from our last trip to a note from my husband leaving me. I'm wondering if I can send the tops to you and the fabric. I have to be out of my house by the end of the week, as he's the only financial supporter and rent is due next week. I also need to change my mailing address for little mo to send the next round. I will be able to pick back up, just in another house I'd be willing to add the final round onto these tops. I'm so sorry about bringing my life into this and messing up the cycle.

Kristy
    please send an email, as I'm not always on quiltboard lately ([email protected]) I know, not supposed to put personal stuff on here, but the entire Boomerang Borders group needs to know what the heck is holding things up

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

Oh my dear, Kristy-do NOT worry about my top, AT ALL...you can send it on to the next person and if it comes to me a round short that's ok by me (mine is the blue and brown pinwheel). These swaps are extra, they're fun, they're things that we do when our worlds are like "la la la". NOT something you need to worry about when you have real life issues going on. Take care of yourself and believe me when I say that although it may seem like everything's going wrong lately, there is true hope in the Lord. I am praying for you and your Dad and your situation.
    -Lisa

Hi Sherryl! I've purchase the fabric for both tops and was planning on getting started on them this week (been driving my step daughter across the state for a couple of summer camps) but just came home from our last trip to a note from my husband leaving me. I'm wondering if I can send the tops to you and the fabric. I have to be out of my house by the end of the week, as he's the only financial supporter and rent is due next week. I also need to change my mailing address for little mo to send the next round. I will be able to pick back up, just in another house I'd be willing to add the final round onto these tops. I'm so sorry about bringing my life into this and messing up the cycle.

Kristy
    please send an email, as I'm not always on quiltboard lately ([email protected]) I know, not supposed to put personal stuff on here, but the entire Boomerang Borders group needs to know what the heck is holding things up

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

Here's quiltergirl80's center with three of the 4 sides...what do ya think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast