Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Round Robin III, Group 10, Now called Boomerang Borders >

Round Robin III, Group 10, Now called Boomerang Borders

Round Robin III, Group 10, Now called Boomerang Borders

Old 09-24-2010, 12:24 AM
Banned

I must be a horrible quilter - I am on vacation but I left my quilts and center at home. Shame on me. But I did go take a class on traditional Hawaiian hand quilting. Plus I have been to 3 quilt shops here in Maui.
Aloha,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Old 09-24-2010, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
I must be a horrible quilter - I am on vacation but I left my quilts and center at home. Shame on me. But I did go take a class on traditional Hawaiian hand quilting. Plus I have been to 3 quilt shops here in Maui.
Aloha,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
:mrgreen:
Old 09-24-2010, 06:29 PM

I got a post card from my quilt also. It wasn't from Maui...wish I was with it.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:52 PM

I got your quilt center Quilt addict. It is so pretty. I am going to let it talk to me for a while. I love the colors. I didn't see a label in with it, do you want to make up one to travel with it or I could make one for you that everyone signs as they pass it around?
Old 09-25-2010, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by barbsbus
I got your quilt center Quilt addict. It is so pretty. I am going to let it talk to me for a while. I love the colors. I didn't see a label in with it, do you want to make up one to travel with it or I could make one for you that everyone signs as they pass it around?
Oh, I thought I put a note in with it. I am working on the label and will send it on to you. Thank so much for offering. I just didn't want to delay the center any longer.

Have fun, I hope that peacock is not too noisy for you.. :-o
Old 09-25-2010, 04:33 PM

Did my center ever arrive at it's destination?
Old 09-25-2010, 07:58 PM

Looks like all is well here.
Just checking in...
Old 09-25-2010, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Originally Posted by barbsbus
Oh, I thought I put a note in with it. I am working on the label and will send it on to you. Thank so much for offering. I just didn't want to delay the center any longer.

Have fun, I hope that peacock is not too noisy for you.. :-o

I saw your note but you did not mention about the label. That's OK. I won't worry about it. I have been kind of busy with the building of my new woodworking shop in our back yard. Actually being a go-for-it getting building materials, etc for the carpenter and his crew. It is only going to be 10'X12' but will have AC, a 6 ft. french door and large window. I can hardly wait for it to get finished. The crew formed and poured the cement slab last week and framed for the walls. We have to wait for the trusses that will be delivered next Friday. This shop building has been kind of a wishful dream ever since we down sized and moved into a manufactured home 6 years ago.
I did get a 8'X10' hip roof shed that I have been using for my scrollsaw, drill press, small lathe and a few other power tools and had an old tablesaw in our carport. The little shed was not big enough for me to have DH come in and help with some of my projects and did not have AC and really not enough room for a heater so now with the added room maybe we can work on some projects or at least he can sit and listen to me and advise me as I work. He is already designing in his mind the cabinets and workbenches that he will be telling me how to make. We have used autosketch and drew up the plans for the shop (since he is totally blind he tells me what to draw so the carpenter can see how he wants the shop to be built.)
I have so many ideas going on in my head as to what I will be making as soon as the building if finished. Now if only I could get another 10 hours everyday to do all that I want to do. LOL.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:23 PM

Barb, that is really exciting. I look forward to the pictures. I am glad you can share it with your DH. What an amazing partnership!
Old 09-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quiltergirl80
Did my center ever arrive at it's destination?
Hi, I am assuming your center was coming to me. I just arrived home from Maui about 30 minutes ago. I had my mail held at the post office while I was gone. So long answer short my mail is being delivered tomorrow and your center should be in it. I will confirm with you when I actually get it. Sorry, didn't mean to keep you in suspense while I was soaking up the sun in Maui.
:-) Sherryl
Candlequilter