Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011  group 3  - *3's a Charm* >

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Old 03-23-2011, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by scaroca
Yes thank you Sherry for getting that pic up. I am not good with electronics of any kind. So I really appreciate your knowledge.
You are welcome.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:06 PM

Hi Ladies,
Some of the rows have been passed, and things are really looking good! I had some gals from guild stop by for a quick meeting. I showed the rows of Carol and Sherry's, and what I am adding to the rows, since I have it all ready to finish, hopefully by Sun.Eve.-Monday.
Of the 4 here, 3 are master quilters and 1 has done a lot of quilting. They liked them all, and thought mine was going to be really pretty. So, Sherry, what I have been doing got rave reviews!
For those who haven't passed their rows yet, just a reminder;
Be sure to include your journal if you added a journal; not everyone did, as I remember.
Also, your label. I put my labels in and one on the front. Will sew the final label on after it has been quilted.
Also, Bookworm wants all of the rows to submit pictures of the rows as they are completed on this thread:http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-101878-1.htm
It says page one, so I presume that is page one of this thread. It isn't page one of the entire thread starting in
Dec., as we all know that was "getting to know you" time!
Have a good weekend!
Mariah/Martha.
Don't panic if you aren't done yet, as there is plenty of time.Income Tax Day and Pass Rows Day--same day!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:01 PM

I thought you might like an update on the row I am making for Martha's quilt since I have been kind of silent the past two weeks.
Well, I decided it was time for me to use my best therapy(sewing and creating) and so I put my ideas into action and have made all 5 blocks that will be attached to each other and then to Martha's row.

I am planning to ponder the order in which they will go that looks nice and I'm having a friend confer with me too.

So within a few days, I might have the rows together and ready for a picture.

:P :P
Old 03-24-2011, 05:30 PM

I am excited to see it, Roseysue. As I have said several times, I will love whatever you make, as you made it. That is what makes each of our rows special.
M.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:22 PM

Martha, I have seen 3 pictures of the blocks in my row, what do the others look like? Did the quilting ladies like Carol's row and the one I added with the kites and fans?
Old 03-25-2011, 04:38 AM

I love the kites and fans. It makes me kind of sorry I didn't pick oriental for my quilt. My bedroom is done in oriental. Maybe next time.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:49 AM

Yes, they liked them all. I am always pretty insecure about what I do with others quilts.
The year we did Brown Bag in guild--work on each others quilts, and we are getting ready to do it again, Iwas sure no one would like my work, everyone liked everyone's work.
I added borders to the Jonquil--your birth month flower. They raved about it, as it pulls colors from the other blocks. It provides the "zinger" for the row.
The reason you haven't seen the 4th block is because I just finished it Wed. nite. Last night I magic sized it and ironed it. It is called "Blue Buds," and is about my favorite block. I got the pattern from a Chinese Website. Maybe I can post it this weekend, or you will see it when I post your row.
Later. M.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mariah
Yes, they liked them all. I am always pretty insecure about what I do with others quilts.
The year we did Brown Bag in guild--work on each others quilts, and we are getting ready to do it again, Iwas sure no one would like my work, everyone liked everyone's work.
I added borders to the Jonquil--your birth month flower. They raved about it, as it pulls colors from the other blocks. It provides the "zinger" for the row.
The reason you haven't seen the 4th block is because I just finished it Wed. nite. Last night I magic sized it and ironed it. It is called "Blue Buds," and is about my favorite block. I got the pattern from a Chinese Website. Maybe I can post it this weekend, or you will see it when I post your row.
Later. M.
What does "Magic sized it" mean?
Old 03-25-2011, 05:44 AM

magic sizing is a starch-like product which is used to spray fabric to give it a nice, crisp feel and look. It is very cheap; less than a dollar, and lasts a very long time.
I learned in guild that to spray with it gives it the feel of fabric before it is rinsed/washed. It replaces the "sizing" which all fabrics, cottons especially has when still on the bolt.
We wash fabric before cutting to be sure the colors don't run-Reds and Blue, Black, especially. I like using it because it makes things have a great feel, and they look so crisp.
Don't buy anything that says "spray starch" as some of the ingredients in it attract bugs and will eat holes in fabric.
You might want to experiment with it. Let me know how you like it.
M.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:26 AM

Hey Ladies, listen up!!!!!
I just saw on the general tab that next Tuesday, March 29, the Website will be down starting at 11:00PST--9:00 CST.
If you try to log in, you will get "can't access at this time" or something like that.
Just thought I would tell everyone so they didn't get frustrated wondering why!
So, stock up on CHOCOLATE AND WINE!
Also, would anyone care if I posted pictures of my crossstiching wall hanging and a picture I painted to see if we are "out of the woods" on this deal--from the reconfiguration or whatever??
M,.