Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 Group #7: The Rockin Rowers >

Row Robin 2011 Group #7: The Rockin Rowers

Row Robin 2011 Group #7: The Rockin Rowers

Old 01-19-2011, 06:26 PM

my vote is for rockin rowers.also glad your back,i'am on my 3rd block. i'am going to try a log cabin block,wish me luck.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:20 AM

Hello everyone - it's official!

Our groups name is now: "The Rockin Rowers"

As for me, I'm still working on my row of course, with life constantly getting in the way as it seems determined to do... But here is a point about my row to share with You that's cute and sweet:

My husband decided to help me cut some squares of fabric for my blocks for my row robin last week... now I've got one row where it's a bit wonky when I sewed them together because he made a couple of squares just a tad too big which throws off the alignment slightly - which I showed him after I sewed the rows together and pressed them all... I would normally fix it considering the most affected block is the block that is in the center of my row - but he just was so darn proud of himself for cutting all the fabric for it - that I just can't bring myself to do it, as I know it took him a lot to even attempt it. So, how cute is he? He's walking around all proud he helped on my part of the Row Robin 2011, LOL. I promise though - I won't let him help on your rows when you send them to me ;)

So how are all the rest of you doing on your progress so far?

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress
Old 01-22-2011, 11:22 AM

ahhh that is so sweet that he helped!!!
Originally Posted by The Creative Seamstress
Hello everyone - it's official!

Our groups name is now: "The Rockin Rowers"

As for me, I'm still working on my row of course, with life constantly getting in the way as it seems determined to do... But here is a point about my row to share with You that's cute and sweet:

My husband decided to help me cut some squares of fabric for my blocks for my row robin last week... now I've got one row where it's a bit wonky when I sewed them together because he made a couple of squares just a tad too big which throws off the alignment slightly - which I showed him after I sewed the rows together and pressed them all... I would normally fix it considering the most affected block is the block that is in the center of my row - but he just was so darn proud of himself for cutting all the fabric for it - that I just can't bring myself to do it, as I know it took him a lot to even attempt it. So, how cute is he? He's walking around all proud he helped on my part of the Row Robin 2011, LOL. I promise though - I won't let him help on your rows when you send them to me ;)

So how are all the rest of you doing on your progress so far?

Old 01-22-2011, 11:30 AM

Hi, everyone still working on my fourth block LOG CABIN everything seems ok. I've got it cut now to sew, can't do till later,getting my 18 month grandson for a couple of hours. ===on wheels
Old 01-22-2011, 03:53 PM

You guys are way ahead of me! I am planning on working on my row tomorrow. As long as the kids let me (DH has to work) We did all the housework today so no excuses, just gotta get to the sewing room!

Love that your hubby helped "Creative". Mine helps by taking the kids out so I can have uninterrupted sewing time which is just as valuable to me.

Happy Sewing everyone! And love our group name!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:19 PM

Bought a car that is out of the way now wood floors being installed end of week LQS closeing Thursday must go and have to work Tuseday and Friday hope next week I can make the rest of my blocks have a good evening everyone
Old 01-31-2011, 12:46 PM

hell-o everyone,how are you all doing with your row? I just finished my last block,i'll try to post it on here tomorrow.I've never put anything on my computer before,this machine is all new to me.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:33 PM

How exciting skeet - can't wait to see it! I have two blocks finished myself.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:31 PM

I have two blocks finished and hope to do two more today.Just found out DD and GC comming for dinner
Old 02-01-2011, 11:10 PM

I completely understand where everyone is in their progress. Life always gets in the way and this weather now is sure not helping out. I'm really hoping we don't have any outages or else that will totally mess up my plans as all my machines need electricity to work. My old fashioned machines are packaged up and stored tightly in the basement, so without power I'd be in a jam right now. Here's to hoping that doesn't happen to any of us though!

As for me - I'm still working on my row, I've got my center block done, and then the two accompanying blocks that adjoin to it (almost 3 blocks done) and hopefully tommorrow (since we're snowed in) I can get the last two cut, pieced and put together to make a completed row. I'm hoping to finish it by no later than mid next week and then get a picture up of my row finally... but we shall see.

Depending on how bad it is outside tommorrow (I'm such a big kid) - I really want to build a snowman, as I haven't done that since I was about 8 years old. I made a scarf and everything for him! Oh well - might have to wait until Thursday to do that. Always wanted to have a snowball fight with my husband, so since he's off work because of the storm, we'll do that either late tommorrow or the next day. I even wanna go sledding, LOL. Can't wait to have kids... there's so much fun I want to have with them! Anyways for the time being, there's nothing wrong with having some good old fashioned fun courtesy of mother nature, and in this horrendous weather, I say - we gotta make some lemonade out of these freezing lemons!