Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 Group 8  "Eight We Clever" >

Row Robin 2011 Group 8 "Eight We Clever"

Row Robin 2011 Group 8 "Eight We Clever"

Old 01-03-2011, 03:04 PM

The holidays have had us all busy...I have my row planned but have not started the actual sewing...with two indian themes it may be interesting...there is always the bear paw, there is an arrow block also, could use trees, flying geese haven't really thought too much about it but if necessary or if everyone wants me too I can always change my theme so we won't have two of the same. Three of us have found this thread and I'm all for "Eight we clever" unless the other two really don't like it. Need to hear so I can change the thread name...Happy sewing!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:38 PM

I'm fine with 2 of the same theme. It's not like the same person will have both quilt tops. I plan on working on my row all day Wednesday. Can't wait to hear from our other 2 people.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kherrin
The holidays have had us all busy...I have my row planned but have not started the actual sewing...with two indian themes it may be interesting...there is always the bear paw, there is an arrow block also, could use trees, flying geese haven't really thought too much about it but if necessary or if everyone wants me too I can always change my theme so we won't have two of the same. Three of us have found this thread and I'm all for "Eight we clever" unless the other two really don't like it. Need to hear so I can change the thread name...Happy sewing!
I don't mind doing two native american themes (seminole and indian are very different). I think I have good ideas for both but won't know until I see the progress.

Eight we clever is fine with me.

I have finished my row but still have to do the label to send with it.

Turtle row
[ATTACH=CONFIG]152961[/ATTACH]

Turtle row block one
[ATTACH=CONFIG]152962[/ATTACH]

Turtle row one block two
[ATTACH=CONFIG]152963[/ATTACH]

Row one block 3 and 4
[ATTACH=CONFIG]152964[/ATTACH]

Turtle row one block 5
[ATTACH=CONFIG]152966[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-152956.jpe   attachment-152957.jpe   attachment-152958.jpe   attachment-152959.jpe   attachment-152961.jpe  

Old 01-03-2011, 08:53 PM

That's so cute. Great job. I hadn't thought about a label.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:35 AM

I love the turtles...I saw some fabric that I have in my stash...can't wait to get started on that one. Ok with me if it's OK with everyone else...three out of five is a majority so our name is "Eight we clever"! I will edit thread today.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:26 PM

just peeking in, LOVE the turtles, to cute
Originally Posted by mmonohon
I don't mind doing two native american themes (seminole and indian are very different). I think I have good ideas for both but won't know until I see the progress.

Eight we clever is fine with me.

I have finished my row but still have to do the label to send with it.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:41 PM

I love the turtles...I saw some fabric that I have in my stash...can't wait to get started on that one. Ok with me if it's OK with everyone else...three out of five is a majority so our name is "Eight we clever"! I will edit thread today.
Thanks for the comment. I had a hard time deciding which turtles to use because I have to buy almost everything turtles. Overly addicted.

I can't wait to see everyones projects.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:10 PM

Hey guys, I have a big problem. My row is machine appliqued, well this morning when I started to work my machine wouldn't read my disk. I tried other disk - still no luck. So I took her into the dealer and she's very sick. I can't afford to fix her until tax refund. Would it be a problem if I changed my theme to something I can piece because I don't want to do hand applique?
Old 01-04-2011, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
Hey guys, I have a big problem. My row is machine appliqued, well this morning when I started to work my machine wouldn't read my disk. I tried other disk - still no luck. So I took her into the dealer and she's very sick. I can't afford to fix her until tax refund. Would it be a problem if I changed my theme to something I can piece because I don't want to do hand applique?
Not a problem with me, if you need to change your theme.

So sorry about your machine, that is a bummer. I had issues with my machine and had to take it in twice to get it fix. Everytime I dropped it off, I felt like I was having withdrawls.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:33 AM

I don't see it being a problem to change your theme. So sorry you machine is sick...I know how it feels to have a sick child. I have been lucky to always be able to have a back up machine...I have a embroidery machine and I have only used it for about 8 hours...I really prefer to do handwork...CRAZY...to let that machine sit as much as I do. Everyone just needs to be aware of the change of your theme.