Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10 >

Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10

Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10

Old 03-30-2013, 09:32 AM

Yvonne's quilt came in today and every "thing" is still asleep. Very impressive work, ladies. I've got my work cut out for me (pun intended)! Sure glad we have 2 months to do it...
Old 03-30-2013, 09:37 AM

Don't know about casting 9's, but i do know if you're out of balance by a multiple of 9, you probably have a transposition error and the multiple will tell you which column the transposition occurs in--very helpful to know.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:42 AM

I think some ladies went missing in action and one lady's quilt was MIA also. some of the other ladies got together and did a quilt for her to replace the one lost and it was beautiful
I have made a lot of quilts but have never made one for me. I joined the quilts for quilters swap just for that reason - so I would get a quilt I keep telling myself I will get to mine eventually but it never happens!

Originally Posted by Wonnie View Post
Guess I'm behind times oldcatlady.....were there problems? Must have missed reading about it. Nice of you to respond and follow our thread. Have had a ball with this. My son can't understand how I can put so much time into something I'm going to send away to someone else . Will definitely keep you in mind. Have a great day!
Old 03-30-2013, 10:20 AM

I am in 2 row robins right now and 2 round robins. You get your top back in both. I will post pictures of the round robins that we have been working on and we are finishing up this month.
The first picture is the center I started with. The next picture is the round I added. Then I sent it to the next person, just like we are doing. You always send to the same person in the group, so you all work on each other's top. The next pictures are each round added to my center. Right now it is in the hands of the 5th person, so I do not know what she is adding. When she is finished, she will send it back to me. Then I can finish it how ever I want to.

Here is a link so you can see what we have been doing. There are 7 groups with 5 in a group. http://www.quiltinghaven.com/index.php?topic=7435.0

I will show you the rounds I have done.
Attached Thumbnails sunset-horse.jpg   sw-center-group-2-ssnare-1st-round-added.jpg   sherrys-round-2-burns2u.jpg   swrr3rd.jpg   rr-round-4.jpg  

Last edited by ssnare; 03-30-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:42 AM

I hope this gives you some better idea of what a round robin is. I like where you can pick the size of border you want to add. If you first square up your center, then add rounds that finished, are divisable by 3 , it is easier for the next person to figure out what to add.
A block swap is where you pick out the fabric you want to use in a quilt. Cut it into fat eights. Send the fat eights to everyone else that is in the swap. They each make a block for you of whatever design they choose and send it back to you. Everyone else sends you a fat eight. They make a block for you and send it back to you. Or there might be a theme block swap, such as Summer. Then you make 6 blocks of the same pattern and send it onto a hostess and she sends out the blocks back to senders and they get different blocks than what they sent in.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:45 AM

mimim, now my elves are just waking up. LOL.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:51 AM

In a round robin, everyone starts with a center of specific sizes or range of sizes. Everyone adds a round to each center, then sends it on. So everyone works on round 2 and sends it on, etc. So everyone will be working on a round 4 and a round 5. So it may not be the same top, but it is just like our row robins, we are all working on a row of each others row.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:52 AM

Here are some rounds that I have added to the other tops.
On the eagle, I added the blue, grey, and burgundy.
In the next pictures, I added the black and then the brown row with figures that matched the middle.
On the Indian woman, I added the turquoise zigzag and then the black again.
On the horse, I added the light brown and darker brown borders.

I always tried to pull something out of the center and pull it together.
Attached Thumbnails craftiladis-center-round-2-added-ssnare.jpg   madquilter-round-3-round-robin-group2.jpg   madquilter-round-3-02.jpg   madquilter-round-3-03.jpg   madquilter-round-3-04.jpg  

madquilter-round-3-05.jpg   p1070869-2-.jpg   round-robin-group-2-burns2u.jpg  

Last edited by ssnare; 03-30-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:18 AM

In the other group that I am in here are pictures of what I have added.

The 1st one is my center. Then I added the pieced browns.
The 2nd picture, I added the piano keys and green.
The 3rd picture, I added the 3 outer pieced borders.
The 4th picture, I added the burgundy with the cathedral blue windows in the corners.
The last pictures, I added the black with the figures to match the center and the red brown border.
Attached Thumbnails black-horse.jpg   my-center-black-stallion.jpg   yayas-center-04.jpg   bsd47-round-3.jpg   vanellas-center-added-ssnare.jpg  

rr-group-4-sandpat-2-.jpg   rr-group-4-sandpat03.jpg   rr-group-4-sandpat04.jpg   rr-group-4-sandpat05.jpg   rr-group-4-sandpat06.jpg  

Last edited by ssnare; 03-30-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:29 AM

These pics are so cool!
And Sherry, I thought your elves were just getting ready for bed . I love the way your "grass" is fringed--can't see that from photos.