Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Row Robin - Quilters 12

I have sent out e-mail to the ladies of group 12 in the round robin. I asked for ideas of names for our group. I received only one name suggestion and heard from only two ladies. I haven't heard from you. The name suggested for our group is Quilters 12. What does everyone in the group think? I hope to hear from all of you, soon.

Thanks
    Joyce L

Anything the group decides on is fine with me. Working on my block, hope to have them in them mail next week.

Almost have my row ready to put in the mail. Should be ready to go on Mon or Tuesday.

I finally remembered where my Round Robin Group was - - - I am still pondering possibilities but hope to be getting something done this week. Looking forward to hearing from the rest of our group!!!

Joyce L - I don't recall seeing what your theme was going to be????

My theme is Signs of Spring. Anything to do with Spring or just spring colors.

Joyce

OOH - That's going to be pretty!!!!!

Finally figured out my row - need to round up fabric (from the stash) and get started !!!!! Should I supply part of the fabric (like the white) or just send my row???

I thought I responded that I liked "Quilters 12" like Ocean 12. I'm working on my row, just about finish

Have my row finished hope to get to post ofice on Tuesday to mail it.

I may have missed - How do I know who to send to and their address???

Sent my rows to you today Joyce. Let me know when you get it.
    BARBARA

Ladies, my theme was left off the list - so this is it
    The Underground Railroad (URR) Blocks in Civil War fabrics.

URR blocks are: monkey wrench, bear's paw, log cabin (w/red center, w/black center), hour glass, dunkard's path, wagon wheel, north star, crossroads, shoofly, flying gesse, tumbling blocks, basket, nine patch, sailboat, jacob's ladder, broken dishes. I did crossroads, nine patch, jacob's ladder, and basket for my starting row. Please, if you don't have civil war era fabric, don't go out and buy any, check your stash for something that could past and is close to it. Although I did four different blocks don't feel you need to do the same, you can do one of the blocks in different colors. Be creative, and most of all let's have fun.

Gail, thought I was mailing the row out to you but received a PM reminding me that blocks were not due until Feb 15th??????? So, I guess I just hold onto it till then, and of course, run the risk of forgetting to mail it. Not a happy trouper

Not enough light in the room, sorry
    Name:  Attachment-163487.jpe
Views: 30
Size:  13.7 KB

That looks wonderful - I have never done any underground railroad or civil war blocks / themes. I have been doing some research - - SO GLAD to see your row. It gives me a heads up for ideas and colors....

I reread the rules and it said to mail "by" February 15th. So Gail, it's going in the mail so keep an eye out and please let me know when you get it. Thanks.

Come on gang, post some of your blocks. I wanta see what to expect. As Brenda21 would say tap, tap tapping my fingers and waiting

Not much chatter here, think our group is the quitest. Sure hope my rows made it to Joyce. Please let me know. Waiting for the first row to get to me.

Barbara:

I am sorry about not responding sooner. I did get you squares. The are beautiful. I only hope mine don't mess it up to bad.

I have been busy getting the house ready to sell. We have desided to move back to Ohio. Where our familys are. Hope ths house sells fast. I can only hoe.

Joyce

JME, can you send me a peek preview of what to expect...yes, I know, I get a little anxious sometimes, and this is one of them

jme
    I just found this thread today. I will post pictures as soon as I get a chance. I did a spider web block today and it didn't turn out so well. I might have to find a different one to use. As for preview, I'm a scrappy quilter. Like it says I like all blocks and all colors. I usually do all my blocks in different fabrics that coordinate with each other. Then, if I choose to do sashing I pick a solid that goes with everything.

jme
    Okay here's a picture of what I have so far. I'm running a little behind because I thought we were supposed to mail on the 20th. I will be done and have it in the mail by Monday or Tuesday. Off to sew another block!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    very pretty
    Quote Originally Posted by jme
    Okay here's a picture of what I have so far. I'm running a little behind because I thought we were supposed to mail on the 20th. I will be done and have it in the mail by Monday or Tuesday. Off to sew another block!

Here are pictures I have taken of the first row of blocks sent to me. They are from Barbara Shaysmema. Her theme is Civil War Scrappy. Also pictures of the two blocks I have completed to add to it. Have two more cut and and ready to sew. It has been an experience. The first block I attempted to make didn't turn out so well. Tore it out so many times, the fabric became fraied. So my friend came over to show me what I was doing wrong. Things went better after that. Hope Barbara doesn't mind posting her blocks.

Joyce

Finshed block
    Name:  Attachment-122425.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  46.4 KB

Finished block
    Name:  Attachment-122426.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  57.4 KB

Barbara's blocks/Civil War Scrappy
    Name:  Attachment-122427.jpe
Views: 17
Size:  21.2 KB

Nice job, I just love the way these are all turning out so differently, even those with the same themes. We in Gp 2 have a civil war row, which ha now grown to two rows, and it looks so different.

I love them, thank you so much for posting.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast