Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed >

Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

Old 06-13-2010, 06:35 PM

Mine will be sent out Tuesday Morning.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:38 PM

That's close enough for me.. they'll work.. send them anyway! an 1/8 of an inch won't bother me at all..
Old 06-13-2010, 06:58 PM

An eighth of an inch is okay with me. I have lots that are rejects, but I made enough that are spot on. Dummy me, I signed lots of them before I sized them! Bummer. I will have to find something else to use them for. Any suggestions?
Old 06-13-2010, 07:03 PM

Hey two doods, thanks for the inspiration. Lovely idea on what to do with the siggies. This is so very exciting.

Blessings, Ruth

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
A hint for when you get ready to sew these together.

I used them in this quilt.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-49147-1.htm

At first I started sewing the siggy blocks together in rows.
I discovered that if you sew 4 in a square and then square that to the 6 1/2 inches it is MUCH easier. I un-sewed the strips and put them back together as blocks.

Hope this hint will eliminate some frustration for you!
Old 06-13-2010, 07:11 PM

Blessings, Ruth

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
I am sooo sorry to say that I am going to drop out of the swap. I just can't get finished. We are moving in a week. We have been painting and fixing up the new house, packing this house and it is the busiest time of the year at work. I, now have a serious medical issue to deal with. I feel so bad letting you all down. But, the moving thing came up after sign ups and I just ran out of time and energy. Hugs to you all.
Deb
Sorry you have to drop out. You sound terribly busy. I can understand the need to drop. I hope things settle down and the medical issue gets resolved.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
An eighth of an inch is okay with me. I have lots that are rejects, but I made enough that are spot on. Dummy me, I signed lots of them before I sized them! Bummer. I will have to find something else to use them for. Any suggestions?
Can they be used in your border or in a border for another quilt? Or maybe for corner squares? How much are your rejects off?
Old 06-13-2010, 07:14 PM

Most are not off by much, and they might work in my border. I will think of something! I might just have a real wonky border!
Old 06-13-2010, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Most are not off by much, and they might work in my border. I will think of something! I might just have a real wonky border!
If you put a solid piece for a narrow frame border and then border it with your blocks it would look fine, depending on how many blocks you have. Looking forward to seeing what everyone does with their blocks.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:05 PM

I have no problem with them being a little off size, the off, will work into the seams, please send them anyway.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:47 PM

Another thought is to send several of your blocks unsigned so that the recipient can put together a quilt of blank blocks to give as a gift or to take to an event to collect signatures from her new friends from "that quilting retreat"....Just a thought! These would make nice shower gifts, or anniversary gifts, to be signed by all who attend the party! Just thinking outside the siggy square...LOL Of course, check with your hostess for confirmation before sending several blank blocks....
And Thank You for hostessing this swap! It turned into a HUGE swap with lots of players! Have fun swapping all of those blocks! I wish that I could have gotten in on this one, but I missed it!
Maybe we can host a Christmas themed one with blank blocks to be signed by family members who get together over the holidays!