Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed >

Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

Old 06-18-2010, 03:20 PM

July
Originally Posted by Pats8e8
July 30th, or June 30th??
Old 06-18-2010, 04:12 PM

Awesome!!!!!!! That will enable maximum participation. Just had a thought, I didn't keep one of mine, will you be sending one of our own back? No problem if not, I can certainly make one more....and by the way, I really don't want more than one of mine back anyway....I see enough of my horrible writing as it is :oops:
Old 06-18-2010, 04:57 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'd like to say a special thank you to all 108 people who were able to bust their buns to get their blocks in on time!

Way to go ladies! Give yourselves a round of applause!
:-D :thumbup:
Old 06-18-2010, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'd like to say a special thank you to all 108 people who were able to bust their buns to get their blocks in on time!

Way to go ladies! Give yourselves a round of applause!
:-D :thumbup:
Mailing was due by the 15th so there's still time for more to arrive on time.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Originally Posted by susiequilt
"Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-- see note on pg 103"

which note would that be?
This one...

The swapping date has changed to July 30th to ensure that all last minute mailings and international packages are received in time for the swap out.

We'll still be meeting in the Albany New York area. We'd love as many helpers as can make it.
I still want to participate in this and have not mailed my blocks yet. Do you have a date in mind to meet in Albany? I have a couple things going on this summer, but if I'm free, I would like to join you in Albany. :)
Old 06-19-2010, 05:16 AM

We'll be meeting on July 30th. No1Jan has arranged a place for us to use with tables, etc. We can utilize it from 8-4pm. I'm probably going to come in the night before so I don't have a 3-3 1/2hr early morning go of it. :-D That's the plan so far!! :lol: :lol:

Also, I hope nobody is upset that the date has been pushed out another month. If everyone that has joined up makes the 174 that'll be 30,000+ blocks. :shock: Anyone else up for an invigorating day? I may have to bring my blender!! :lol: :lol:

We will do everything that is possible to get them to you as soon as possible after that.

Hey if anyone is in need of assistance getting their blocks done PM and I'll try to help out. :thumbup:
Old 06-19-2010, 05:53 AM

I don't mind it at all! You all will have a lot of sorting to do and if I could be there I would but I'll be there in spirit! :)
Old 06-19-2010, 06:14 AM

I am glad the date has been changed to July 30th. This gives everyone a chance to get their blocks in. I know the cutoff for mailing was June 15th, but I still would hate to have someone miss outdue to illness, weddings, graduations, or other situations.

I just did a small spreadsheet to find out the states/countries that have been received. There are still 2 people who have mailed their blocks the end of May and they still haven't been received. One is from Europe, the other unknown.

The missing states according to my calcs (I may have missed one or two) are: AL, DE, DC, ID, IA, MD, NJ, NM, RI, VT, WI, and WY. That is of course not counting the people who did not place their location on their profile, which there are at least 17 that have been received.

The people who are actually doing the swap are NOT mailing the blocks. They intend on handing them to NorBanaquilts so there is no problem with mail delivery. The date was changed not only due to mailing and allowing others to finish, but because of the schedules of the helpers. They know who they are!

I wish to thank NorBanaquilts for starting this swap and keeping it organized. It is very difficult when the people involved are around the world.

I look forward to receiving as many blocks as I can. This is a fabulous swap. What a memory we will have when it is all finished.

I also would like to thank all who have participated and can't wait to see the finished quilts with the different placement of the blocks.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:19 AM

I know that we have received blocks from Delaware, Rhode Island, Iowa
Old 06-19-2010, 06:44 AM

Hey.. it is all good for me. What ever you nice ladies want to do. I probabaly wouldnt be sewing my siggy blocks together till later in the summer anyway. Have LOTS of other summer activities to do.. .... Yard sale, outside painting, fair, 4-H club, Fair judging, etc etc.

I do wish I could take part in the blender part of the swap. I am always up for a good Blender drink!