Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrappy Winter/Holiday & Neutral 9 Patch Block Swap Sign-ups end May 1st.

Glad to see we are up to 7 swappers. I'm hoping we get a few more as my plan needs 100 blocks and I'd rather have most of them be from swappers.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Macybaby I would be willing to swap more with you off the side if you like?

here is my first set of 10.

My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Macybaby-your fabrics are so pretty in the blocks. I started sewing mine this morning. It was the cutting that took so long. Now comes the fun part of sewing them all.

This has proven to be a little tough for me. I can do the scrappy winter theme blocks but my beiges and creams I don't have much of. So far I have 4 piles of 5 blocks. I'm slowly getting there.

Here’s a pic of fabric I plan to use. I’m starting to cut them out now. Name:  DBD83BF8-ED12-4E89-801A-75F68EA49F7D.jpeg
Views: 111
Size:  824.8 KB I do need to know do we have to have Christmas beige and cream fabric or just any beige and cream fabric? Happy sewing everyone.

Cathy, such pretty blocks.

Hi Happy, I hope the dark beige star print is going to be one of the five scappy prints. It would be too dark for the neutrals.

Hi Queenbarbiej, We have plenty of time. There are three and a half weeks to go.. and the sign up date hasn't even been met yet! So we are ahead of the game. I only have one set done.. I did a lot of cutting at work these past 3 days.

Here is what I've been working on.

Photos to follow next post. I messed up.
    Last edited by Honchey; 04-26-2019 at 07:07 AM.

I guess my problem was I was too focused on holiday "themed" fabric instead of actual colors. If its just holiday colors than I can do that.

I got 10 blocks sewn up yesterday. Hope to put pics on soon. This is an easy block to make once they are all cut out. Fun, fun, fun.

It is a holiday/winter themed swap using scrappy holiday/winter themed print squares.. not solid colors or just bright fabrics.. We did that in the last swap. plain bright colored squares does not meet the criteria for this swap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

another pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I’m sorry to say I will need to exit out of this swap. But I will be lurking on the sidelines and cheering everyonevone. Enjoy sewing everyone.

Sorry to see you go Happylab - I though your fabric looked wonderful!

Got 10 more blocks done! Yeah!!! I didn't think I would have had time to sew but very excited to get some blocks done.
    Sorry you had to exit. Hope everything is well with you.

I think I messed up - I was not thinking "prints" and I pulled a lot of holiday/winter fabric that I would not consider to be a print. I think of the 50, less than half qualify as prints. The rest are tonals with a lot of metalics.

Honchey, please look over the picture I posted above and let me know if my blocks are reading too "solid" for this swap. Compared to your example, I think they are. I've only sewn up two sets so it would be an easy point to make corrections.

happylab-you have beautiful fabrics shown and so sorry you can't join us. Will be thinking of you and hope things will work out for you. Just keep lurking and enjoy the conversations.

I’d like to try this-I’ve done other swaps and I have TONS of scrap

Welcome Stafar, You need to PM you info.

I have all mine done and bagged; just need to do the name deal and get an address to ship them too. I had "just' enough Christmas fabric. Found one small piece that I really liked that i was able to get one single square from; pretty fabric. I wish I had more of it. I didn't have so many neutrals or beige's but used what I had. Hope it will be acceptable when received. Can't wait. Wonder if I'll get any back with duplicates of what I sent. Wouldn't be surprised. So fun.

Stafar and Trish b, for some reason I can't figure out when I try to PM you both it's telling me your user names are not members????

Macybaby, I wouldn't worry about it now. This is scrappy . my fabrics are from a long time ago. Yours will fit in fine.

thanks Honchey- I'll get back to sewing them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    Stafar and Trish b, for some reason I can't figure out when I try to PM you both it's telling me your user names are not members????
    I got a message labeled my address but it didn't have your address-just how to label the bag

How many swappers have we ended up with? I think I count 7 including myself.

Do we send a set for ourselves (7), or just sets for the other swappers (6)? I've messed up a few times with other swaps and ended up getting several of my own sets back and want to avoid that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast