Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Brat you bought necklaces?!??? Thought you hated MardiGras? I know you like the bling and all of a sudden those flashy colors just spoke to you.. another one bites the dust. I am so jealous tracibug is coming to sew with you, I want to be there so bad Guess you 2 can have fun but you better think of me and give me a phone call.

oh darn dustys mom how.. awfully sad? sad you got that in your bag.. but one mans trash thing right? someone would have went OMG isnt this COOL? (not me).

Tracibug we can certainly get together. sewing probably not so much as well my table is a four seater. unless we take turns one cuts while one sews. um you can do the sewing lol I have a whole lot of cutting I need to do. or better yet we blow it off and head up the hill 10 minutes and have lunch show you the lake.. and come back and have a cup of something to relax til you have to run again. or plan b we have lunch here and just play with fabric. oh oh you can help me sort mine. I suck at that. I rooted literally (dont croak Jaba) through my bin the other day and all my folding went fling right out the window. its a solid mess. I hate when I do that yet .. sometimes you just know its in there and well it was flipped right under another fabric! tada! yikes?

nancia: you like all colors. lol you wrote that and somehow i missed it. made me smile.

ok here is a house decorating story. today my nurse was sayng how she has a new ranch home and was decorating all the rooms. the two front rooms are cowboy. the kitchen is roosters. the dining room is daisys. the bathroom is .. beach. and so far the only bedroom she has done is.. peacock. i said wow.. you have a very ecclectic house! it made her very happy and I thought well that house is an excersize in color. She obviously is not afraid of themes.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I think the lady I got it from bought it at an estate sale. She hits those a lot. I also got some usable upholstery fabric, a dozen or so middle ages styled clothing patterns, all those appliques, stuffables, and panels I keep talking about needing to use up, and some good (quilting) stuff. Oh, there was a stained lavender tablecloth and an itchy blanket too, lol. I think I have someone to take the clothing patterns. I'll be going to talk to him in a day or two. He is the costume maker for the local community theater.

Blog Entries
    don't forget that dogs and cats in shelters are color blind and don't mind scratchy blankets! just sayin'. big smile!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Jaba- the next time I drive to Minnesota, I'll bring Le Brat with and we all can sew... Or chat... Or sip wine and Popsicles... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Brat you bought necklaces?!??? Thought you hated MardiGras? I know you like the bling and all of a sudden those flashy colors just spoke to you.. another one bites the dust. I am so jealous tracibug is coming to sew with you, I want to be there so bad Guess you 2 can have fun but you better think of me and give me a phone call.

wow lucky me to have such good friends. I am honored. wait til they find out how boring I am. course if we have WINE POPCICLES maybe not toooo boring. course if its snowing we can sit by the fire and have a big mug of hot coffee with kalua and whip cream and a bunch of fabric. still going to try to get traci to fold my fabric for me. something tells me I will be a grand failure.

I have mailed your piggy mug rug Traci. I woul think it will be there by Thursday the latest yippee! I think it came out alright. Of course didnt take a picture so please post one if you would. this is a side swap but wanted to share it with you guys here.. ideas ideas..

dear partner: I do not have a livingroom as my room...
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    don't forget that dogs and cats in shelters are color blind and don't mind scratchy blankets! just sayin'. big smile!
    I wish I'd thought of that. I actually know someone at the local shelter too. Too bad I already dumped it and the stained tablecloth.

I showed my son what I'm making last night and he said "I hope you've got a long time." I'm thinking it's not going to be quite that bad now. The figures is the hardest part, but I think it's going to be cool.

almost wide awake and wanted to say to Jaba... well they were under a buck come on.. of course for under a buck I suppose I can pull the mardi gras in.. (not going to they go with fq swap items when they ship out) I am still not a big mardi gras girl. the colors do not light my boat I guess. I did buy those shamrock paper lanterns lol so I made up for the other 'stuff'. Every girl needs shamrock lanterns. they are so versatile and ..useful and decorative and as my sister would say in a funky off voice.. "Speciaaaal". now isnt that "speciaaal" meant um thats nice? or what the heck where you thinking?

Ok been up a whole hour now I will indulge in that beautiful gorgeous hot special pumped up coffee of mine. oh yes yes I will. I hope everyone has a good day be it at work or home or whereever the day takes you. Just take one minute to enjoy it. Its your lucky day. I know its going to be mine. especially when I put this computer down for two seconds and pour that coffee.. I see luck coming in the form of a pink coffee mug. come to momma!
    Linda

I can totally make wine popsicles ala slushy style!! They're delicious!! But kahlua and coffee also sounds to die for about now. I'm at work and it's chilly in here again this morning. 37 degrees again, I swore my address says I live in California and I'm not in the mountains by Brat!!

If I can get my act together, I may need your asssssssistance with binding on Sunday. But that's a big IF. My current to-do list is:

Finish the top of a French Braid table runner consigned by a coworker - by Fri 2/8
    Table runner for my mom's Valentine's Bday - mail by 2/11
    Mug rug for my mom's Valentine's Bday - mail by 2/11
    Write a 3-5 page final research paper and I finish my bachelor's degree - due 2/12
    16 black with bright 12.5 x 12.5 blocks mail by 2/15
    48 batik 10.5 x 10.5 blocks by 2/28
    25 spring themed 12.5 x 12.5 blocks due 3/1.

But yes, I know how to fold fabric too and can't wait to see my piggy mug rug. Sooooo excited!! and will definitely post a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    wow lucky me to have such good friends. I am honored. wait til they find out how boring I am. course if we have WINE POPCICLES maybe not toooo boring. course if its snowing we can sit by the fire and have a big mug of hot coffee with kalua and whip cream and a bunch of fabric. still going to try to get traci to fold my fabric for me. something tells me I will be a grand failure.

I have mailed your piggy mug rug Traci. I woul think it will be there by Thursday the latest yippee! I think it came out alright. Of course didnt take a picture so please post one if you would. this is a side swap but wanted to share it with you guys here.. ideas ideas..

dear partner: I do not have a livingroom as my room...

Almost ready to send

Well.......by Friday...my swap items could be ready to go to it's new home. Wonder when that could be ?????

I am FMQ with a little SID at the moment. I know, I know....a little head of the game, but um-employed, so I am getting things done early for when I go back to work.

I did take a break from quilting yesterday. On Monday afternoon, I tried to cut my index finger off with you guess it, my rotary cutter. So I took a day of healing that was needed. So back at it today. No stitches, I took care if it here at home. Probably could of used about 4 of them, but I got it covered and taped right away. New bandage each night and it looked I told him after his brother left. Glad that I can apply for unemployment pretty good last night when I checked. Have a background as a EMT-A, so I was cautious.

I wonder how my swap partner is doing????

Have a great day everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Robinlee; 02-06-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    "We can never have too much fabric" and "May the Fabric Fairy always keep your stash filled".

Robinlee

Now that I re-read what wrote, you might disregard some. It looks like the text I was doing also showed ip here. Sorry swappers.
    As I tried to say, my cut looks great and it's on the mend.
    "We can never have too much fabric" and "May the Fabric Fairy always keep your stash filled".

Robinlee

Blog Entries
    glad your finger is mending@ speaking of which-- you do know how to sew, could you not have stitched your own finger? an emt as well, want to know why not??? of course, steri strips work too

Ready to quilt... Yipee almost done!

So, who is going to post teasers!? Come on ladies, don't be shy!

come on dustysmom you go first

I think that robin is making a present for ME! I can tell because its pretty so that is how I know. if its pretty it has to be mine. quick before nancia gets in here.. (dont show her that one cause she always wants the pretty ones).

Crazy glue. it works great on cuts. I know. tried to take my pinky off recently while cutting onions. I am seriously reverent with my rotory cutter. I had a friend who was cutting paper roll hers back really hard (I know we were taught only roll forward) and she slammed it into her knee.. hit something had to go to ER big deep cut big stitches.. I said ah heck no so I watch everything when I use that thing. and always keep my hand on the ruler and not in front of the rotory cutter. YOU DIDNT HAVE PERMISSION TO DO THAT. thats what my dad would have said. always scared me sounded like he was so mad. I would instantly stop crying , say I was sorry and then he would bundle me up and say its only a small cut your going to be fine. I was the accident prone one in the family. always a big bandage somewhere.
    Linda

Elisabrat, I posted a fabric teaser already. I'm still calculating, but am almost done, then when I have the pieces cut, I'll post another one

Blog Entries
    FIRST OF ALL, i don't steal the pretty ones, they are always for ME, not brat. she tries to take them because that's why they call her BRAT! i haven't started my project yet, but no worries! i will do it as soon as i conquer the 2" blocks in the dq i'm doing!! it is causing me major headaches!! thank you, secret person, for making me something pretty (beautiful!). don't let brat worry you, just put her back in her cage and she'll be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    ... don't let brat worry you, just put her back in her cage and she'll be fine!
    Um, that's what the cage was for? Uh oh.....I sold it for fabric money. Now what?

To Dustysmomma, I have a pkg ready to go....so whenever my swap partner is ready I can send.

Robinlee

Quote Originally Posted by Robinlee View Post
    To Dustysmomma, I have a pkg ready to go....so whenever my swap partner is ready I can send.
    Thank you Robinlee. I'll PM you.

Everyone behave now. I sent my mother a link to this thread in hopes that I can get her to join the board and do some swaps since she's preparing for retirement in a few months and doesn't know what she'll do with herself. Shh! Don't tell her how much fun we have!!!

Blog Entries
    uh,o! that was my cage for brat. too bad, you'll have to give me all the fabric you bought with the ill-gotten gains. and worse than that--BRAT WILL BE RUNNING AROUND UNRESTRAINED!!! no telling what's going to happen now. o boy, dusty's m, now. you've. done. it!!!!

Here Nancia, nice Nancia, here little Nancia? wanna cookie?made you a 'special' one. here sit on the couch so you dont fall.. I mean so you can take a little rest for a while til that HEAD INJURY gets better.. sheesh a CAGE? doubt they make one for big b.. reared women. and I am like the tazmanian devil you cant cage me girl even if you tried. Le Brat? She does not go down. Not easy not hard she just aint tameable. Lord knows they tried.

and you guys dont listen to her at all. she is just jealous cause everyone makes me cool things. tada that green green girl at least she looks good in it.

I think that Cherrie/fruit fabric is so pretty. That will make a wonderful gift. for me. if I hurry up and make mine and send it maybe we can just forgo this 'real' partner stuff. I think that will work just fine. lets keep this between us however dustys mom is such a stickler for rules.

Tracibug.. no mug rug yet? sigh it wasnt travelling that far at all. sigh big time. wanted to see your response. The Le Brat Pack is doing a side swap of tablerunners while waiting for our tablerunner swap to open. well we will have the month to do it but its so much fun swapping with the ladies. be sure to check out the fabulous photos tomorrow I will get my dh to take a picture of the loving russian doll table runner I received. forgot to do that. goofball. its fun, bright and just what the doctor ordered.
    Linda

Yes, I kinda am a stickler for rules in a way, but then again, not as much as some people would like.

If you decide to ship when you're finished, you do so at your own risk that your partner might not fulfill their end. Just make sure you PM & let me know about it so I don't put you on the naughty list later. I did not pair you up 1 to 1 because of allergies and preferences and it being a kinda small group, so when you say you're ready to ship, you may be waiting on 2-3 other people to finish before you get the green light to ship according to the posted rules.

Le Brat - I won't post my official response until I can post a pic but yes, it's here... and it's awesome.... and just you all wait and see. !!!!!

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast