Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 645

Thread: SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

  1. #451
    Super Member QuiltingKrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    1,608
    Blog Entries
    3
    Sewnsewer2, I'm glad you like them. I had planned to do more placemat but just got behind. I twisted my ankle really bad and just couldn't get motived to do much since I have been walking on crutches! It is getting better slowly! My hubby actually reallylike the sunflower and was a bit sad imailed it off!

    SandyinZ4 - I did receive package 2 that has "Open 2nd". USPS is really bad about keeping things together and delivering on time. I gave you my work address to ship to since i live on a dead end gravel road and postal people don't like driving up to deliver packages. I should get the 1st package Monday I am guessing because our office is closed on Saturdays. I left the package 2 at my office cause I know me.... I wouldn't be able to wait if i had brought it home! lol
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

  2. #452
    Super Member DustysMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Opelika, AL
    Posts
    1,030
    Sandy.....Dawn actually is the second poster. Robinlee's surprise is on page 44 in case you missed it.

  3. #453
    Senior Member craftygal63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Deer Park, TX
    Posts
    335
    OH MY!!! I cried when I opened my package! Sewnsewer2 has gifted me me wth the most amazing monagrammed hand towels, Table runner and mug rugs. They are WONDERFUL!!!

    Name:  ScreenHunter_71 Mar. 16 13.41.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  86.4 KB

    Name:  ScreenHunter_71 Mar. 16 13.42.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  93.5 KB

    Name:  ScreenHunter_72 Mar. 16 13.42.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  110.1 KB

  4. #454
    Super Member Elisabrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cody, Wyoming
    Posts
    6,396
    I am suprised mine wasnt delived. I cant find my confirmation numbers but the other three packages ranging from Or to New England did get theirs. I have a partner who doesnt post much if at all. I sure hope she does. if it posted and I missed it please inform me. Yellow. blue white? anyone seen that?

    lovely sent items coffee is soooo fun to work with! you did a nice job. lucky new receipient.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

  5. #455
    Super Member SandyinZ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southeast Idaho
    Posts
    3,154
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
    ....SandyinZ4 - I did receive package 2 that has "Open 2nd". USPS is really bad about keeping things together and delivering on time. I gave you my work address to ship to since i live on a dead end gravel road and postal people don't like driving up to deliver packages. I should get the 1st package Monday I am guessing because our office is closed on Saturdays. I left the package 2 at my office cause I know me.... I wouldn't be able to wait if i had brought it home! lol
    Hi Lisa,
    Sorry I did not get your work address. I just got what the person in charge of swap sent me. Otherwise, for sure, I would have sent it to your work. I couldn't write to you because we were suppose to be secret swappers. :-( So sorry. Hope that #1 gets there okay and I hope you like what I sent.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

  6. #456
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,684
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
    Sewnsewer2, I'm glad you like them. I had planned to do more placemat but just got behind. I twisted my ankle really bad and just couldn't get motived to do much since I have been walking on crutches! It is getting better slowly! My hubby actually reallylike the sunflower and was a bit sad imailed it off!

    SandyinZ4 - I did receive package 2 that has "Open 2nd". USPS is really bad about keeping things together and delivering on time. I gave you my work address to ship to since i live on a dead end gravel road and postal people don't like driving up to deliver packages. I should get the 1st package Monday I am guessing because our office is closed on Saturdays. I left the package 2 at my office cause I know me.... I wouldn't be able to wait if i had brought it home! lol
    Oh yes, & you did such a wonderful job too! Thanks again!! Hope you are feeling better soon! Tell hubby I love sunflowers more than he does
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

  7. #457
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinlee View Post
    I got my secret swap item ......but I have no idea where it came from or whom.......very pretty thou. Thanks to whomever. Please forgive me, I haven't been around much. I finally got a job....but for this 8-5er, I now work 6-3. OMG, talk about a messed up schedule and I am on my feet all of it, don't know if this will last but sure glad I got my project done early. I promise to mail out tomorrow. Tried to today, but I found out our little local PO has cut hours. It will be headed to the Mountain area as a hint.
    It's beautiful!! Congrats on the new job.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

  8. #458
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,684
    Shannon, you are so welcome. Good thing I got it done early because I have had the flu for the last 2 weeks and hadn't even been in my sewing room!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

  9. #459
    Super Member DustysMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Opelika, AL
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 View Post
    Shannon, you are so welcome. Good thing I got it done early because I have had the flu for the last 2 weeks and hadn't even been in my sewing room!
    Two weeks without sewing? How in the world are you still sane? I hope you feel better soon! It's been a nasty flu season here. Everyone's had it at some point, except us (knock on wood). We've had other things instead though. I was sick for Thanksgiving and Christmas and am thankful not since I got over them both. I flew home from Denmark with a head cold and my right ear has been ringing ever since. My doctor referred me to my ENT, who has been trying a couple different things, but now it's allergy season & it's hard to tell if anything is working because the effects of the allergies counteract the meds. He said the next thing to try is to put tubes in my ears. In the meantime, I've lost 10 decibels of hearing in that ear that I may or may not get back.

  10. #460
    Super Member Elisabrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cody, Wyoming
    Posts
    6,396
    Alright tomorrow I will PM my partner she has to have it by now. She posted once to say she signed up. Not a talker Sewnsewer flu two weeks? so sorry girl. Mine had the fever for 10 days not a picnic at all and out here in CA the cold cough thing is lasting about 6 weeks it seems. I will hope the warmer weather will help you heal a little faster. a few minutes even 10 outside might just help dry things up. oh wait! your in FL not dry heat at all. oh heck. well sewing, sewing drys things up. get into the sewing room. it has a healing affect for me hope it does for you too.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

  11. #461
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,684
    Quote Originally Posted by DustysMomma View Post
    Two weeks without sewing? How in the world are you still sane? I hope you feel better soon! It's been a nasty flu season here. Everyone's had it at some point, except us (knock on wood). We've had other things instead though. I was sick for Thanksgiving and Christmas and am thankful not since I got over them both. I flew home from Denmark with a head cold and my right ear has been ringing ever since. My doctor referred me to my ENT, who has been trying a couple different things, but now it's allergy season & it's hard to tell if anything is working because the effects of the allergies counteract the meds. He said the next thing to try is to put tubes in my ears. In the meantime, I've lost 10 decibels of hearing in that ear that I may or may not get back.
    Yeah, I'm getting cabin fever and having sewing withdrawals!
    Oh no! Loss of hearing isn't good, I know because I have it. My ears always ring and it's so annoying.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

  12. #462
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    Alright tomorrow I will PM my partner she has to have it by now. She posted once to say she signed up. Not a talker Sewnsewer flu two weeks? so sorry girl. Mine had the fever for 10 days not a picnic at all and out here in CA the cold cough thing is lasting about 6 weeks it seems. I will hope the warmer weather will help you heal a little faster. a few minutes even 10 outside might just help dry things up. oh wait! your in FL not dry heat at all. oh heck. well sewing, sewing drys things up. get into the sewing room. it has a healing affect for me hope it does for you too.
    Holy cow! I hope I don't have it another 4 weeks!!!!!
    Shoot, I nap for 3 hours at a time and am worn out 10 minutes after I wake up. I have to take care of hubby, my 6 yo DGD and 4 cats! Hubby has been taking up the slack pretty good tho.

    I have a dr appt friday, if I don't feel better by then I will ask for something to help. I had an appt last week but I was to sick to go (it was just routine).
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

  13. #463
    Super Member 978gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The leaves they are a turnin'
    Posts
    1,367
    I am so tardy at posting, but my life has been in an uproar the last two weeks. I received a wonderful table topper from Elisabrat!! It is so pretty and The colors absolutely match my dining room (if I can find it, right now under amound of boxes from my kitchen remodel). I absolutely love it!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  14. #464
    Super Member Elisabrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cody, Wyoming
    Posts
    6,396
    Well well well I was blessed with a suprise package in the mail yesterday!!!! and let me tell you everything I received is perfect my partner went above and beyond for me and I want to say thank you so very much. I love everything!!!! I received a great berry pie pot holder, two beautiful placemats in such happy colors and coordinating napkins AND an embroidered towel that will hang on my vintage towel holder and if anyone uses it they will be shot. its all so pretty. lucky lucky me! Thank you Robinlee. A great big quilty hug to you from me.Name:  wall damage 004.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  591.3 KBName:  wall damage 005.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  676.1 KBName:  wall damage 003.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  593.8 KB
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

  15. #465
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,684
    Ooooo, such pretties!!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

  16. #466
    Super Member 978gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The leaves they are a turnin'
    Posts
    1,367
    According to the USPS my package was delivered to my partner last week. I have not seen it posted yet and have not heard a word from her. So I will post a picture of a small bit of what I sent to her. She wanted something for her kitchen, so using the Moda Bake Shop ideas, I made eight coasters and one much larger coaster - my thought to place a pitcher of lemonade or put of coffee on. I also included two reusable coffee traveling mugs that matched the colors of the coasters. (Did not take a picture of the coffee mugs). Attached is a picture of the coasters. The larger one looks exactly the same but supersized.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #467
    Super Member SandyinZ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southeast Idaho
    Posts
    3,154
    Blog Entries
    9
    Loving all the pics. Looks like you recipients have really scored with having amazing swap partners.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

  18. #468
    Member kiwiquilter65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    89
    Wow! I got such a lovely surprise in the post from Shannon ( craftygal63) yesterday. 2 extremely cute owl placemats for my boys and a lovely bag in my favourite colours. Thanks also for the soup, it is cold today so it might be my lunch)
    Thank you so much for your gorgeous gifts, they are beautiful.
    Name:  IMG_3784.JPG
Views: 127
Size:  370.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_3785.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  232.6 KB
    Have a great day everyone.

    Sharon
    Autism, a different way of thinking.

  19. #469
    Super Member DustysMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Opelika, AL
    Posts
    1,030
    How cute! I'm loving all we've seen so far! Just a few more days ladies! Speaking of a few days, I better get to work too!!!

  20. #470
    Super Member QuiltingKrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    1,608
    Blog Entries
    3
    I received my "first" package today! YEA! now I can open them both. I'll post pics tomorrow. THANKS SANDY!
    I love them!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

  21. #471
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,684
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiquilter65 View Post
    Wow! I got such a lovely surprise in the post from Shannon ( craftygal63) yesterday. 2 extremely cute owl placemats for my boys and a lovely bag in my favourite colours. Thanks also for the soup, it is cold today so it might be my lunch)
    Thank you so much for your gorgeous gifts, they are beautiful.
    Name:  IMG_3784.JPG
Views: 127
Size:  370.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_3785.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  232.6 KB
    Have a great day everyone.

    Sharon
    What cute owl placemats!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

  22. #472
    Senior Member craftygal63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Deer Park, TX
    Posts
    335
    OK Ladies! I gots mines...now I wants to see what yous gots!!! LOL!

  23. #473
    Super Member DustysMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Opelika, AL
    Posts
    1,030
    Oh I'm so sleepy tonight! I must go finish mine though. Oh, and dinner has to come in at some point too, lol. I hope my partner likes what I'm sending. I think it's turned out well. My best friend already put in for one for herself just like it, but in bright pink!

  24. #474
    Super Member Elisabrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cody, Wyoming
    Posts
    6,396
    to the Viking lovers out there this is a pic I found of my mother one of the last taken of her.. she was a bit of a kick in the pants.. the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.. wonder where I got my odd sense of humor..

    Name:  nanny the viking.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  65.1 KB
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

  25. #475
    Super Member jaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Posts
    6,676
    Blog Entries
    1

    yup

    Think you're right brat!! I bet she was a spitfire. I'll gladly show a pic when I receive mine but haven't gotten it yet soon hopefully. Husband came down with a cold end of last week and guess who has it today, just don't need this at all!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    to the Viking lovers out there this is a pic I found of my mother one of the last taken of her.. she was a bit of a kick in the pants.. the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.. wonder where I got my odd sense of humor..

    Name:  nanny the viking.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  65.1 KB

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.