Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingdragon View Post
    I didn't get a name for a needlecase or the message didn't come through, if quilty-louise's post is correct and those all went out last night.
    Have you received 4 PMs from me yet? In each you should have your partners. One for each spot you signed up.

Blog Entries
    This is exciting! For the two whomevers who have me (1 pin cushion & 1 needle case) I like bright colors or anything green and leafy or flowery. Also, really like cats. Hope that helps. Now I am going to check out old posts on this board and see if I can get some ideas for a needlecase since I have never made one before. Pin cushion is no problem. Looking forward to seeing pics. Sounds like some of you are ready to mail out already. Wow! I admire you!
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Hint to my partners....I collect frogs and have a cat.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Blog Entries
    ooooooooo, i just had an idea! ooops, i don't know if my recipients will be happy. everyone needs to chatter and get the word out " what you want, what you really, really want" (thanks, spice girls!). it is so hard to know the super quiet people. really, to me the product of the swap is way less important than getting to know someone better, or meeting someone new. of course, i like the swap part , too, big smiley face!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Nancia - I thought the point of a swap was to get something in the mail.
    In all seriousness though - since I don't belong to a local sewing guild/circle/etc., this board has been awesome! I have had a great time getting to know everyone so far!
    A clue - One of my SP's has responded to this thread. The second SP has not. Not much help I know. LOL.

Blog Entries
    I am having to work on my pincushion and needle case in between
    work on the other stuff I am making.

The other stuff I am making is fund raiser items to sell like mug rugs
    and other small items for Autism speaks. One of my co-workers has 2
    sons who have Autism so making stuff to sell is my ah of donating.

The other is also mug rugs, mug wraps, key chains and various other
    stuff that has birds for the local Bird Expo that is coming up first on the
    weekend of May So I need to get busy and get my bird items made so
    I can have some stuff ready to sell. Again another co-worker who has
    over 30 birds of various kinds will have a booth set up.

Clue for my pincushion partner if she is reading of course.

I have only found 1 post from her in this thread, hopes she starts to
    do more posting so I can get more clues about her likes and dislikes.

Two of your favorite colors are the same as fabrics I am setting aside
    from my massive stash to make a quilt with. Still working on designing
    a pattern I want to use.

You was East of me and live in in the same state as one of my daughters.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Sorry I haven't posted much - I just don't seem to be as witty as some, love to read the funny antics ya'all are up to. Boy, everyone is so quick with their projects.. I made a needlecase last week, turned out soooo cute. I made it out of lavender with embroidery on it - but alas, my needlecase swappee doesn't like lavender. Soooo, my pincushion swappee just might end up with a pincushion AND a needlecase, cause she likes purples & lavender.

One lives way far away from me, the other is just a few states away (boy that should narrow it down..lol) We are all animal lovers, too. I've never been very good with the prose, sorry. I am going to a Sew Day today, but will work on a pincushion asap and do another needlecase. I do love these swaps, have been in many on the QB, they are fun for sure..

Ya'all have a great day - finally raining here, supposed to end the drought.. It's a great day to sew..

Jean

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by queenof2802 View Post
    Yay!!! Everyone should have a different partner for both swaps. If you catch an error where I didn't PLEASE PM me asap, so I can fix it before anyone starts sewing. Also, if you have not received anything from me please PM me, as you should have. The needlecases went out last night and the pincushions tonight.

I work tomorrow and plan to go to church tomorrow evening. On Thursday, since I worked all day Saturday, I go in at noon but work to 8. I will try to get on as much as I can the next few days to check the thread and PMs. This weekend, IT IS ON! In the sewing corner that is! I have lots of things to get started, progressed, and finished.

Have FUN!
    I sent a pm last night but haven't heard back, I have no names at all yet?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by queenof2802 View Post
    Have you received 4 PMs from me yet? In each you should have your partners. One for each spot you signed up.
    I haven't gotten any PM's at all! I will go try and PM you again.

I don't think my swap partner chats, I can't find one of them anyway. But based on her info I'm totally starting over so I can personalize it. I put the first one in my etsy shop. So it's back to the drawing board. P

Oh, I think my iron is dis coloring my fabric, is there a remedy for that?

Ok ladies, do you have blogs, flicker, google plus? Would love to know more about my partners so post them if you've got them!

Blog Entries
    Pinterest - See Board "I've Got the Notion" for all of the pincushion and needlecase tutorials I've collected. You can get a good idea of what I like from here! I will also try and figure out how to post a link to my quilt album on FB. http://pinterest.com/beckystl/ Also, I got a lot of inspiration for needlecases from THIS board by a lady I don't know, http://pinterest.com/sewzanne/i-love...n-t-even-have/

I joined for a needlecase and pin cushion but I'm one that doesn't talk alot. I'll tell my partners that I love earth tones, applique and animals. As for fabric, I'm not crazy about loud prints. I'm on WW and have lost 25 lbs so far so I would prefer not to receive candy or anything for my sweet tooth. Once I start, I can't stop. I like doing hand work and am presently working on a primitive wall hanging for Christmas. I like gardening, reading, and traveling. Anything I receive will be wonderful so if you have a needlecase or pincushion already done, just send it on. I will appreciate anything hand made. The more I think about it, I would really appreciate receiving a post card from the area you live or maybe a newspaper. Wouldn't that be fun!
    Marilyn

Blog Entries
    marleclair~ i love the postcard/ newspaper idea! i too have a sweet tooth that can't call it quits! dh brought home gs cookies yesterday. i am so grateful they are packing smaller boxes with smaller and fewer cookies, because once i sit down i don't get up until the box is trash! so nice of gs to help with that! i was a gs forever! well, i guess i can't expect my swaps to come from any of y'all! i talk so much my fingers are getting hoarse! and i'm one of those people who likes everything!

lynnie~~ IT'S HERE!! AND IT'S GORGEOUS!!! YOU GUYS, I'VE JUST RECEIVED THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PINCUSHION FROM LYNNIE! i will get pictures up as soon as i get back from the p.o! i am just thrilled with how beautiful this is and having the chance to get to know you, too! thank you, lynnie!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashjoy View Post
    I don't think my swap partner chats, I can't find one of them anyway. But based on her info I'm totally starting over so I can personalize it. I put the first one in my etsy shop. So it's back to the drawing board. P

Oh, I think my iron is dis coloring my fabric, is there a remedy for that?
    Ashjoy, what kind of iron do you have? I know rowenta sells an iron cleaning kit that works like a charm (of course, I can't find mine) but there are other generic ones out - haven't tried them but I've heard the bo-nash iron cleaning cloths work well. Oh - since you asked all of us to post blogs, etc, you should too!

Blog Entries
    Listen up....i dont care what colors you used, youmade it for me, i love it.
    Soooooo.....do not drive yourself crazy if you already made something.
    It doesnt have to be exact olors, youmade it, thats what counts.
    Lets have fun, hat a bit and laugh. Thats what its all about for ke. If you did grey ill love it.
    All colors are pretty to me. I normally dont like orange, made alovely needlecase in orange. I love it.
    so lets just have fun, play with things we havent in awhile, and get to know each other!

Oh, and thank you gracious hostess. Both of mine have been shipped ou. Both should rec. By the weekend. Pls. Take pics. I hated to part with the pincushion, i jope you like it
    Oh, and dear hostess, imready for the next swap!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Ashjoy, apparently im not your partner
    nanci, glad you liked it, tried to do your bright colors.
    Did it get there o.k.?????
    hey, and you got a free tupperware. Let me know how that held up
    in the shipping. My $store may be seeing more of me.
    have loads of fun everyone. I need pics. I want to see pics.
    Pretty, pretty please with cheeries and whipped cream on top.

Blog Entries
    the tupperware is terrific! what a great idea. not a petal disturbed. i love the colors and everything about it! you scored!!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Put both of mine in the mail today, they're both going east

Blog Entries
    One of my sp is 2 states away, and the other is 3. I need to start a new needle book, because I don't have the colors right for my sp on that, and need to think different colors for the pin cushion too, but will have fun.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

I added my blog to my signature.

I will have to look for an iron cleaning kit. Thanks.

Knew one of my partners from the list. The other one was totally new. Based on their response sheets, I decided not to send the carrots (made 26 now) and chocolate needlecases (if anybody want to do a sideswap let me know--am I allowed to say that?)

I'm going to do something much more elegant but will have to wait till I get to JAF for some new buttons. I haven't used these patterns for a long time, so I'm pretty excited about them. I think I have the perfect fabric--which was what made me change my mind.

Blog Entries
    Sucia, ill take it, mmmmmm chocolates
    what a great needlecase!!!
    Can you show us a pic

got my boxes today try to send out tomorrow.
    1 has received something from me before.
    1 I've received something from them before.
    1 is going to The State my brother was born in (you know who you are)
    1 is going to the state next door

Blog Entries
    For the last several days I have been goggling handmade sewing
    needle cases/books and handmade pincushions.

I have found MANY awesome ideas and want to make many of them.

But I was mainly looking for additional ideas to "jazz" up the needle case
    more than what I had planned. Got some great ideas, and I truly HOPE
    my partners will like what I make for them.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast