Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Quilt Angel Official thread Signup!!! (SIGN-UP IS CLOSED) ANNOUNCMENT on page 43!!! >

Secret Quilt Angel Official thread Signup!!! (SIGN-UP IS CLOSED) ANNOUNCMENT on page 43!!!

Secret Quilt Angel Official thread Signup!!! (SIGN-UP IS CLOSED) ANNOUNCMENT on page 43!!!

Old 12-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Power Poster

I think everyone has their own thoughts on this . Sorry don't mean to sound evasive :? I have been finding great sales so I pick up a little here and a little there, may seem like more when the person gets it , but in reality with the sale prices it wasn't much. And cards here and there thru out the year just to say Hello. Certain holidays or special occasions would get more , does that make sense ? I don't think its a contest to see who gets the most or the best , just something special to say someone is thinking of you
Old 12-11-2009, 09:05 PM

I will start out with a gift I have made. Not necessarily quilting, either. I will attempt to send a card every week to couple of weeks and a small gift now and then. In Dec. I will send a pkg. with goodies and letting them know what a blessing this past year was for me and being their SQA.

Being out of work and on a very limited budget for anything extra, I can't afford a whole lot. My mailing has to remain stateside even though I dearly want to share across the pond with my fellow quilt sisters.

Don't stress out about what you can or can't do as long as it is sent with love and good wishes. And for goodness sake - HAVE FUN!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:05 PM

I was going to start slowly. I don't want to overwhelm my person...so I think I'll do a little Christmas gift for her (him...although I don't think there are any men playing). Sometimes I get carried away with gifts...I LOVE to give them. I doubt I will make anything to start as I'm already behind on what I'm supposed to be doing for the holidays! But I'll find something for her once I get her name! I've collected quite a number of little gifts I can send, but for holidays want to be sure I do something that I know they will like...:)
Old 12-11-2009, 09:35 PM

My first time participating also. I did the fall swap and secret santa but love the idea of a secret quilt angel. I did this years ago in a club of ladies where we sent cards, etc and they did not know who their secret pal was. I agree, it is not the price or amount you send but the thought that counts.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:37 PM

I finally figured out how to put an Avatar on. My dear daughter helped me as I can be a little comupter iliterate sometimes even tho I have worked on them for a hundred years it seems like. This is my baby. Her name is Isabella. We call her Bella except my oldest daughter and youngest daughter calls her Bell Bell as it is easier on the 1 year old to say. She is a Papillon and is little over 7 years old. Weighs about 4 pounds. Sleeps with me every nite.....she loves to sleep under covers and is not spoiled at all!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:39 PM

Sorry in stead of youngest daughter, meant my youngest grand daughter Karlie who is oldest daughter's baby.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:54 PM

Ok some of the Angel assignments will be sent out tonight by Gai. She is doing some of them for me so that I have a surprise too. I will be doing more tomorrow. Hopefully I will get them all done tomorrow but I am not promising anything.

PLEASE do not send anything until I put the GO message here. I don't want anyone to start to send only to have something go wrong and I have to make adjustments. Thank you all in advance for your patients. Soon Angels, very soon!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Power Poster

YIPEE ! SKIPPY ! And the excitement builds :lol: :shock: :lol:
Old 12-12-2009, 01:55 AM

Thanks to those who responded with little hints about what to send to angel buddies. Of course, I realize it's not a contest and it's not about how much is spent or how big the gift, I just wanted to be sure I'm on the right track. After all, I'm just an angel in training and I don't want to get kicked out of school! :lol:
Old 12-12-2009, 02:03 AM

You wouldn't be kicked out of school, you just won't get your gold halo as soon as others do lol