Secret Santa 2009

Old 11-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
Ideas please? What is appropriate to get when you don't know ANYTHING about the person? No posts really by the person so I can't get any clues there.

What do you all get?? Quilt tools? Fabric? Patterns? Non-sewing stuff? Help please! I did some shopping today and I was just selecting odds and ends but I just don't know!!!
Did they post any pic if so then you can tell what color fabric they like. If there really isn't anything from their posts I would suggest neutral fabric and besides the 5 FQ it doesn't have to be sewing/quilting related it could be Holiday related. There is so much you can get. Here are some suggestions. A quilting book, either with patterns or a novel there are a lot of fuuny books out there one is titled Stash Envy, writing paper, teacup and flavored teas to go with it. Kitchen towels and matching pot holders. Or you could make something a tea cosy or rice bag, pot holders an apron the list is endless. A quilter is no different then anyone else get what you think THEY might like. Unless you have a guy then don't get a blow up doll.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tuesy
Originally Posted by sharon b
Tuesy.. that was clear as mud..LOL.. but I do understand :wink: Justy hope that the person receiving your gift posts here that they received the box. most do both because they are so excited :lol:
WHEW! I'm so glad you understood that cause I honestly couldn't figure out how to say it right.. so I just typed like I talk.. ...scary isn't it? :lol:

I'm thinking maybe they've already opened the box... fell in and can't get back out to post!..
oh, good tip, Tuesy...note to self: wear a rope around waist when opening Secret Santa package, just in case you fall in...Mr. Mouse can yank you back out, before you drown in something :shock:
Old 11-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joannl
Sent my package out today.

Looking forward to having mine to tempt me!

Jo
Joann, are you into sado-masochism...you know, self torture? :lol:
Old 11-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Power Poster

Ideas please? What is appropriate to get when you don't know ANYTHING about the person? No posts really by the person so I can't get any clues there.

What do you all get?? Quilt tools? Fabric? Patterns? Non-sewing stuff? Help please! I did some shopping today and I was just selecting odds and ends but I just don't know!!!
jmho, Pam, just get some things that you would like.
Most quilters like: goodies, unless they are allergic or diabetic.
magazines and books.
Inspirational things.
Gadgets and notions.
Containers and boxes. I think this thread is proof, we all love boxes.
Of course that is one thing everybody is getting...a box or a squishy :wink:
I have had to break mouseself from being a boxaholic! really!
but I bunnytrail...let's see...most quilters like: hmmm,
colorful things. pretty things, interesting things. even fiddly things, to a point.
rulers, templates, threads, books.
Things to decorate their house with? would need to know colors.
Are they knew to quilting or been doing it for years?
Do they have kids...pets... a hubby. These might give you some kind of clue.
ok. mousie's turn is up, lol. I am sure, whatever you pick out, will be gratefully accepted in the same spirit it was given in.
I understand, we really want the person to like it. They will :wink:
Besides, Pam, you have great taste. no worries, you'll do fine.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:16 PM

wooo hoooo....getting ready to mail my package out tomorrow....gonna look for one more item before it goes out tho....gotta find that laaastt perfect item that I think my ss would like...hmmmm....might have to get 2 of them hehehehe...one for me ya know... but it will go out tomorrow....Hope that she will like what I've got so far :) :) :D I know I'd like to have some of these things for myself. :D Oh well...can't wait to get mine either...maybe I'll get a "critter" too?? lol
Old 11-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by trupeach

Did they post any pic if so then you can tell what color fabric they like. If there really isn't anything from their posts I would suggest neutral fabric and besides the 5 FQ it doesn't have to be sewing/quilting related it could be Holiday related. There is so much you can get. Here are some suggestions. A quilting book, either with patterns or a novel there are a lot of fuuny books out there one is titled Stash Envy, writing paper, teacup and flavored teas to go with it. Kitchen towels and matching pot holders. Or you could make something a tea cosy or rice bag, pot holders an apron the list is endless. A quilter is no different then anyone else get what you think THEY might like. Unless you have a guy then don't get a blow up doll.
daaanggg Peachy...that was close! on my monitor blow is the last word till you go to next line.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought you were going to say: don't get any blow pops :wink:
Old 11-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Power Poster

Maybe a pattern and fabric to start the pattern, depending on size.
Good pins.
Magazines or quilt book.
Rotating Mat.
Rotary cutter & blades
Do you have a LQS ? if so ask if they have anything new, fun or exciting
But the biggest thing is have FUN !
Old 11-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Banned

I got my package today...my kids want to know who Secret Santa is??? Temptation!!!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by charismah
I got my package today...my kids want to know who Secret Santa is??? Temptation!!!!!
LOL.. Did you tell them its Mommys new friend ? You just don't know who it is yet :wink: :roll:
Old 11-12-2009, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
You must immediately explain to hubby that this is a most precious of cargos and that he mustn't shake, rattle and roll this wonder.
After all, we wouldn't want fat quarters to get sick and !urp! on each other...
or if there is any goodies, we don't want them to be rolling on fabrics.
You won't look so pretty licking those fat quarters to make them
goody-free, in the pics your gonna get somebody to take of you,
for the board, right?
OOOO-DDDESS-AAA...you musn't be tempted!
You must be a good little swapper and be patient. Think of the big day...
you don't want to be sitting there with no surprise do you???
You have to muster all the strength you can.
We just have to pull together and help each other to be strong.
Shadow would want us to be strong, and Terri wants us to be strong...let's see if she can be a good example, lol...
or, will she be an enabling leader????
She is in a really tough spot!
This is gonna take a huge amount of strength.
I, for one, when I get weak, plan to jump into the nearest phone booth and dut dut dut dah! become MIGHTY MOUSIE!
able to leap over tall flowers...able to run faster than a turtle, AND...
strong enough to resist Secret Santa packages :lol:
Oh, but Mousie, I just LOVE to suck chocolate off fat quarters!! And if you think for one second I would let someone take a picture of my fat *** while I'm sucking fabric, you should sit back and have a little more cheese.

Okay, I will resist, but I would ask your help ... I believe a wee small mouse like yourself could fit in through that hole and make sure everything is intact, nothing is alive (or worse, dead), and no spillage onto the lovelies. Can you handle that? The sooner you get here, Mighty Mousie, and take care of this task, the better I will sleep.

[As an aside, DH asked me if he should hide the box on me.......I told him "no" -- he seems to forget that he NEVER remembers where he hides the "goodies" :roll: :oops: ... one year, the kiddies came down to see what Santa brought, and we had to send them back to their rooms because he forgot where he put 3 or 4 big things! :shock: :shock: :oops: So, you see, he cannot be trusted.]

I just knew you could help me out of my predicament!

Odessa