Secret Santa 2009

Old 12-07-2009, 03:15 PM

My package is very good. No sound at all. Went to 4H meeting ,supper and caroling with my son Brandan yesterday. Decorated the tree yesterday. Made doll quilt with granddaughter Kallie saturday. Went to Christmas concert at school today. Need to clean sewing room tonight. My granddaughter Kallie made a Christmas stocking today after the concert. Kallie likes to sew everytime she come to my house. If it isn't sewing it's baking. Last weekend we bake. She doesn't like grandpa very much because he gets after her because she makes a mess. It's just easier to clean up after her.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:03 PM

Well it is just days till the 13th, and still no package here.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
I wish I could be excited but things are not going well. I think most of you know about my daughter, well on Friday on the way home from church my son hit black ice, went skidding and ending up down an enbankment. Thank God he is OK but we won't know about the car until Monday. The front is completly smashed and so is the back bumper, not a good sign. I knew it wasn't going to be a very Merry Christmas for the family but now this??????? I feel like there will never be happiness again.
Truepeach -
I hear you. Three years ago on the 19th of Dec. my son skidded off the road, down an embankment and totatled his brand new truck that he had only had for 6 months. He was sighted for a DUI. I was so upset, you cannot imagine all the things that went through my head. I had to keep telling myself that he was okay, it was on a vehicle. He has paid dearly for his mistake in insurance, fines and etc. He has done a lot of growing up since then and we are much closer as a family.

Thanks heavens everyone is okay and do have a Merry Christmas.

We are all here for you.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
Originally Posted by sandpat
Well how do you know they are Christmas songs then??? :lol: :lol:
Same tune.
Well...don't ya' know that sometimes the same tune is a very different song! .....Like...Jingle bells, jingle bells....could be Jingle bells...hot dog smells....santa laid an egg... Now see??? Thats just not very christmasy!

And the UK has that song "Greensleeves" that we in the US sing as a totally different song..(I just can't remember it right now)...

I'm worried about your box!

Mousie...its good to see you back up and rhyming! :lol:
Old 12-07-2009, 04:37 PM

Well someone please tell me when are we opening Our gifts the 13 or 14th of Dec and what time?.....Please
Old 12-07-2009, 04:38 PM

Well now the other box is singing in English so both are singing Christmas songs together one in English and the other in an other language.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:57 PM

Here are the times again.

Opening December 13

4m EST (Eastern)
3pm CST (Central)
2pm MTN (Mountain)
1pm PST (Pacific)
12noon AKST (Alaska)
5pm AST (Atlantic)
5:30pm NST (Newfoundland)
9pm GMT (UK members)
10PM GMT (France members)
10pm GMT (Spain members)
7am LMT (Lurkingdom time)
I think Scotland is in here too, but not sure of the time...
Old 12-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Power Poster

Well now the other box is singing in English so both are singing Christmas songs together one in English and the other in an other language.
Oh...I wonder if it really is English...just muffled alot with all the loot..ooops..I mean lovely Christmas gifts in there???
Old 12-07-2009, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar
Trupeach, this is the first I've heard about your DD and I'm so sorry this happened to her. I'm also sorry your son had an accident. You have alot on your plate right now and I'm hoping things get better for you soon.
I hadn't a clue, either, I'm so sorry for both of them. There's got to be an end to the sorrow we've been feeling this year, hasn't there? Trupeach, if there's ANYTHING I can do...........please, please let me know?
Hugs,
Sharon
Old 12-07-2009, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
I am beginning to think maybe a lot don't know about my daughter. She was the victim of a horrid crime. While riding in the back of a cab someone was throwing rocks at cars. She got hit in the head with a 4 lb rock. It shattered her eye socket, she also had 23 skull fractures along with a 2 inch cut on her brain and nerve damage. After 2 surgeries she is still not healing. The doc don't know how to fix her and they never expected her to even live with the injuries she had. She has MANY medical problems. My son's accident just adds too all of this. I know the car could be replaced but with mounting medical bills (my daughter has no insurance) this is just and added expense. The crazy part is even if she has insurance the repair of her injuries would not have been covered. To try and make her look human is considered cosmetic surgery which is not covered by any insurance company.
So sorry this happen to your family and you and yourfamily are in my prayers.
OHHHH MY I didnt see what happened to your daughter!! Keeping her and your family in my prayers xoxoxoxo

Margie