Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 11-09-2015, 06:50 PM

Thank you everyone
Old 11-09-2015, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Birdscraps View Post
Ok so trying again to upload the things I finished making last night. I'm off to the post office this morning because these guys need to start making their journey way north of me.
This is a boiled wool appliquéd wallhanging. SS - I hope you can find something to use as a hanger because the dowel I had for this won't fit in the box.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535040[/ATTACH]
This is the paper clay snowman I made. I figured since my SS lives where there is lots of snow she might want a friend.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535041[/ATTACH]
And finally I made this little box to put the snowman in but alas you can see that I made the box BEFORE I made the snowman and the box is too small for my snowman. I'm going to try and nestle him in there anyway in the hopes to protect him while he makes his long journey.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535042[/ATTACH]
I have just the dowel and hanger for this.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
sorry l have been silent but broke left arm when tripped on the dog, and sprained something in my right hand so type one handed these days. Not too communicative. But had most of my package ready to send. Daughter is coming over today to get it all taped up and will hit the P.O. tomorrow. It is going north-east of me.
Judy get healthy, love the mystery trains. Know how it takes us longer to heal as we get older.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by skaduzy View Post
Vg

That's not true! I got a little zipper bag made by you and it was beautiful......still using it.
Thanks! I'd forgotten about those little bags - I must dig out that pattern again
Old 11-09-2015, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bilben View Post
My parcel was mailed off this weekend. It's going somewhere warmer than here!
Even here's warmer than you, lol, so not really helpful.............
Old 11-10-2015, 12:33 AM

When I collected my mail today....ta da . there it was...from my secret santa. So now I know her real name but not who she is on here. Thank you so much A.B. and I'm sorry you had to pay so much postage. I know I will love everything that is in that box. I had my cousin who is staying with me, cut out & destroy the customs slip so I'm not tempted to read whats in the box.I did shake it though, and thought I heard a bell. I hope you have a very happy Christmas and will now PM Terri
Old 11-10-2015, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
sorry l have been silent but broke left arm when tripped on the dog, and sprained something in my right hand so type one handed these days.
So sorry this happened to you; wishing you a speedy recovery!
Old 11-10-2015, 01:52 AM

Sunrise, this is why I enjoy the exchanges so much -- I have a small extended family and they prefer $$$ gifts over "love and time" gifts! I remember years and years ago, I spent gosh how long on cross-stitching a Mickey Mouse from Fantasia picture for my young at the time nephew for his birthday - then framed it. It turned out great if I do say so ..... but my Mom asked me why I couldn't just BUY him a gift ! So I don't give up much of my creative time for my family's gifts.

BY THE WAY - my Secret Santa gifts are winging it to someone's home who - I believe - lives on a corner lot somewhere (according to my snooping on-line!) ... Just a hint.

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
Taking a break.....most of my sp's are wrapped and ready, just a few left. I have enjoyed this swap so much that I am thinking of joining in on the secret pals swap next year. Both my daughter's that live by me could care less for my quilting gifts. Although the youngest (45) asks me for pot holders and I think both of them would like table runners. Some day I may see them long enough to ask!
I intend on getting this in the mail tomorrow. Will let you know when it is on the way to wherever! Now to find out "wherever" is!
Old 11-10-2015, 04:10 AM

My SS package will be in the mail in a couple days. Remember the Post Office will be closed tomorrow for Veteran's Day.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:42 AM

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I have received my Secret Santa Package..... DH has taken it away until opening day! Luckily my sender wrote Secret Santa on it so he knew!

Hugs

Caroline