Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 11-13-2015, 06:03 AM

Secret Santa Box wrapped and ready to go to the Post Office Tomorrow morning.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:18 AM

My secret pal package is going out today It is HUGE as one item was big. I really hope she likes everything I picked out for her.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:28 AM

Headed to the post office now to get my SS package on it's way to the midwest. It was such fun again this year. Went over limit but it sure was fun! Hope my receiver (elf, etc) likes all the goodies.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
Vodka Cake recipe

Once again this year I've had requests for my vodka Christmas cake recipe so here goes. Please keep it in your files as I'm beginning to get tired of typing this up every year! (Made mine this morning!!!)

1 cup sugar, half pound butter, 1tsp baking powder, 1 cup water, 1 tsp salt, 1 cup brown sugar, lemon juice, 4 large eggs, nuts, 1....bottle vodka, 2 cups dried fruit, 4 cups self-raising flour.

Sample a cup of vodka to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the vodka again to be sure it is of the highest quality, then repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again.
At this point, it's best to make sure the vodka is still ok. Try another cup just in case.

Turn off the mixer thingy. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick rest of the fruit off the floor, wash it and put it in the bowl a piece at a time trying to count it. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the vodka to test for tonsisticity. Next sift 2 cups of salt, or something.
Check the vodka.

Now sit shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the flippin window.
Finish off the vodka and wipe the worktop with the furky cat.....
Oh goodness! I laughed till my stomach hurt!
Old 11-13-2015, 10:53 AM

My package is out the door and headed south. We're expecting snow tomorrow. Oh what fun it is to get ready for Christmas. All this secret Santa stuff has me wanting to bake cookies and decorate.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:12 AM

Package all ready to be mailed, and was going to take it into work with me but forgot it on the dining room table, so to the PO tomorrow I go.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:41 AM

I was just at Homegoods and saw something that made me think of my secret elf. Then I remembered I already mailed to her. I think I will be subconsciously shopping for her for a while! I got myself a beautiful Victorian themed cookie jar and wrapping paper though. I always go there for wrapping, it is always so unique and reasonably priced.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:52 PM

Received a package yesterday from Suisun City, CA. I had to shake it and there was rattling . . . hope that is a good thing. The package for my S/S is on its way and somewhere between here and there. It should arrive by 11/17 the latest.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
Headed to the post office now to get my SS package on it's way to the midwest.
I'm in the Midwest... could be me!!
Old 11-13-2015, 01:49 PM

My package is winging its way west of me... but whether it's a short skip or a long trek... we shall see...