Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 12-06-2015, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
ibex94....back away from your package. I'll be there to save you from it.
You'll have to get past my fur babies first.....of course if you bring your fur baby, my cats will run and may not want to protect my treasures, lol. Since you organized this fun exchange, say the word and I will send you an appropriate substitute....but I keep the originals!!! BTW, the Chai is very pungent and flavorful! I am going to have to try other Stash teas! Thank you for introducing me to them, JuneBillie!
Attached Thumbnails owl-ornament.jpg   poinsettia-ornament.jpg   chai.jpg  
Old 12-06-2015, 02:41 PM

Ok, you can share the pattern with me.

Originally Posted by quiltingdragon View Post
Can't have it, tlrnhi, but she did send me the pattern which I will happily share with you
Old 12-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Power Poster

My wonderful package came from Sulabug/ Cheryl. It was wrapper in fabric and full of fabulous things!!! She made a number of gifts that I Love, Love, Love. 3 fabric nesting boxes, a new sewing kit/ pin keep that is Perfect for my hand stitching; a little tissue case, the coolest little scissors I've ever seen😀 their finger holes are larger than their blades-- very cute and sharp! Perfect fit in a small travel project tin ( which she sent too-- hinged lid tin for travel tools) fat quarters, kitty treats, me treats, coffee, tea, chocolate, hot cocoa, and great smelling aroma melts. Buttons, needle box, thread, a pillow case ( yup, another gift she made, very cool butterfly's on the cuff), sticky notes, grandmas spot remover, a yard of sewing Notions fabric... It was quite wonderful.... Oh, I almost forgot a really sweet sewing machine shaped pin cushion!!! I almost forgot the iron pad.... What a cool item!. Thank you so much Cheryl!
Attached Thumbnails img_20151115_103622.jpg   img_20151115_103638.jpg   img_20151115_103925.jpg   img_20151115_103459.jpg   img_20151115_103556.jpg  

img_20151115_103240.jpg   img_20151115_103257.jpg   img_20151115_103104.jpg   img_20151115_103336.jpg   img_20151115_103419.jpg  

Terri.............Thank You so much for being my Secret Santa!! I absolutely LOVE everything that you sent in my package. I am having so much trouble posting a picture at this time. I will try again later. Also Thank You for hosting this fun event.
Power Poster

Here are some pictures of all my Christmas goodies from a wonderful, and very generous Mariposa. Thank you so so much Mariposa (Rhonda). I will be busy using and enjoying all of these wonderful items. I love all of the 0nes you made for me too. She also sent some candy, which has been enjoyed. lol..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537277[/ATTACH]
so any things such as comfy warm socks (I seriously need these), gorgeous fabric, a hand crocheted doily with the big gathers to starch and then they stand up, a deck of quilty cards to play, a star with bell ornament, a long slender pincushion that goes next to the sewing machine so handily, lots of pretty laces (I really needed some), a pretty Christmasy round tin box that is filled inside with all kinds of quilting/sewing notions such as seam ripper, tape measure, and much more. I find this a very handy and pretty way of storing at my finger tips all of these useful everyday sewing tools. Lots of patterns to use. So many pretty ones to sew and crochet. A very pretty mug rug, small set of Sunbonnet Sues. I love those. A very pretty card with glittery penguins. A decorate your own mug that she also filled with old fashioned stick peppermint candy which melts in my mouth. Udderly smooth hand cream I needed so much. I have very dry skin and have already used some on my hands, and it feels so good. I have seen it in some drug stores, but had not tried any, but now I sure will. I also have a little bag with buttons and spools of thread. The main thing I wished for was a quarter inch ruler that the paper piecers use. I got one!!!!!!! I told her I am learning this, and wanted one to spend more time this coming new year to really get my paper piecing skills developed. I am ready with my new ruler to go now. I also received a grandmother's flower garden sampler card that I will be using. To go with that a little hexie kit. There is also a pattern for a wall hanging "Seasonal Memories", which I will at some point make for our family with photographs to put in the quilt pockets. Designed by Jean Boyd. She also sent me a beautiful post card that is of an oil painting, "A River Through The City," by Melville Holmes. I have a neon purple eraser to use when I have those little mistakes. I was also pleasantly surprised to find in my box a bottle of "Mary Ellen's Best Press" in a lavender scent, and an Elmer's Stick Glue Pen. I may have forgotten something, but be assured it will be used.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537278[/ATTACH] Such a beautiful drawstring bag for me to keep some things handy in to take with me, and a beautiful crocheted/knit piece.

This has been a wonder Secret Santa Swap, and my swap partner has been the greatest.

I also want to thank our hostess Teri.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails 100_3191-small-.jpg   100_3190-small-.jpg  
Old 12-06-2015, 02:57 PM

ckcowl - Colleen,
I am so glad that you are enjoying the goodies that I sent in your SS package. It was so fun making things for you & colleting the things that I thought you might like to receive. Enjoy!!
Old 12-06-2015, 03:05 PM
Power Poster

Sulabug, my buddy cat is curled up protecting his package of treats... So funny. I love everything! My head is spinning. That hinged tin is just the right size to go in my travel project tote. Funny, I just bought some green sheets that match that pillow case perfectly! the fabrics are perfect.... Everything is! Thank you again!
Old 12-06-2015, 03:08 PM

Whew, my company finally went home so I could open my SS box! Miz Melly sent me the nicest box and card that had a bookmark in it, I can't figure out how she made it. A fat quarter gypsy pop up, a pair of red and white polka dot sock, my feet are always cold in the winter, an erasable quilting pencil, and a magnetic pincushion. A pot holder with a pocket for my hand, a bowl scraper and one of those crocheted net scrubbies which I love. Can't have enough of those and I really need all new potholders and bowl scrapers. I like the decorative on the potholder too! A very pretty blue cathedral window ornament, it's on my tree already, a bottle of Best Press, and a package of row marking safety pins, I know I will like those! A fabric thread catcher, Watercolor batik wraps from Hoffman in Reds, so pretty, and 4 batik fat quarters that are perfect for the The Week In October quilt I want to do and 1 yard of blue and a half of red fabric that are just my colors! And polka dot scissors and a retractable tape measure in pink! My favorite fun color! And last but not least, dark chocolate kisses filled the thread catcher. Yum yum yum! I am going to hide these from my husband so they last longer! Oh my Miz Melly, this was certainly a wonderful box full of surprises and most generous of you. Thank you so much! This was my first swap and I have enjoyed this very much and I love it all! Sue

PS And a yellow thingy that jumped out of its little pouch at me but I don't know what it is for. LOL

Last edited by dottie dodge; 12-06-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:12 PM

Got really busy today...just opened my package from Patty (painiacs)...thank you very much. I DO love working with scraps & definately see a couple of scrap quilts from your scraps...lots of goodies. And "yum" for the chocolate! I can always use the gluestick & never have tried the stainremover, but will. I like the pin & it will go on my notebook along with all the other ones I've collected. Can always use pin cushions. Hope your holidays are great! Thank you again!!!
Attached Thumbnails qb-ss-2015.jpg  
Old 12-06-2015, 03:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
oh my!!! treasures!!! JuneBillie (Susan), THANK YOU!!! So many wonderful things to use on my crazy quilts! I love your ornaments and table runner. pansies, halloween, novelty fabric and gorgeous flower FQs, too!!! That planner will be used for my 2016 quilting projects, f'sure! It's a perfect size to tuck into my sewing machine cabinet! A quilting pattern that is perfect for me! The thread is one that I've always wanted to get but am too cheap to buy..... Thank you!! The fox hand towel is precious, too! My husband is laughing at me because of the recipe cards -- he's the cook. But the quilting cozies, bookmark, ornaments, and runner that you made are going to be put to use immediately! I want my grandchildren to see what others do with their quilting talents. They will steal my colored pencils when my back is turned..... (perfect for designing quilts!). And you are so talented!!! Thank you for your thoughtful selection and sheer abundance of treasures! You've tapped into my creative spirit and are inspiring me to try new things! Merry Christmas to you and yours. I need to try that tea you sent me right now. And maybe sit down to do some quilting while I suck on those hard candies.... Thank you, thank you, thank you! Bigtime quilt hugs, Juana
Ibex, I am so glad you like your package. This was my second time of doing one. The first was a long time ago, so I am learning. You are a sweetie for sure. I have never used that thread either, but only the best for you. I had to do some asking around about the thread to get you. The lady in the fabric shop I was in said that color she uses all the time, and you don't even see the threads. So you will find out I guess. lol...

Hugs,
Susan