Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 12-06-2015, 01:57 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537263[/ATTACH]
Karen F out of Springfield, MO sent these lovely treasures. Wish I knew her board name. My husband really liked it when I tried on the handmade over the head apron in cupcake fabric, adorable! The tea cup & saucer are magnificent. Thank you for the manicure products which I needed. Your handmade quilting journal with kit motifs & patterns is marvelous!!! Already put your MO magnet on the fridge. The notions are all useful. All of the fabric is outstanding!
The box of thread saved me a trip. Notepads galore, whew, always handy. Oh, what is the red crochet tube thingy for? It has a lovely white crochet flower & hanger, do tell. Perfect felt flat stockings to decorate with. I love everything you sent. Thank you so much!
It makes me wonder if what I sent will make my santee happy.
Happy holidays to all!
hugs,
dj
Attached Thumbnails qb-ss-2015.jpg  
Old 12-06-2015, 02:03 PM

I had so been hoping that that kitty purse that SheriR had posted was coming to me. And it DID! Happy Dance of epic proportions going on here. There was so much wonderful stuff in that package. The candy filled jar is actually a candle lantern, all that candy was loose in the box and I just filled it up as I unpacked. Fabric in my favorite colors, a stand for my phone that doubles as a pincushion, sewing notions, the bag and a mug rug out of the same fabric, and a bunch of other lovely stuff. Thank you so, so much Sheri! [ATTACH=CONFIG]537270[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]537271[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]537272[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails swap2015christmasqbfromsherir.jpg   bagfromsheri.jpg   mugrugfromsheri.jpg  
Old 12-06-2015, 02:04 PM

Default Thank you, junebillie!!

oh my!!! treasures!!! JuneBillie (Susan), THANK YOU!!! So many wonderful things to use on my crazy quilts! I love your ornaments and table runner. pansies, halloween, novelty fabric and gorgeous flower FQs, too!!! That planner will be used for my 2016 quilting projects, f'sure! It's a perfect size to tuck into my sewing machine cabinet! A quilting pattern that is perfect for me! The thread is one that I've always wanted to get but am too cheap to buy..... Thank you!! The fox hand towel is precious, too! My husband is laughing at me because of the recipe cards -- he's the cook. But the quilting cozies, bookmark, ornaments, and runner that you made are going to be put to use immediately! I want my grandchildren to see what others do with their quilting talents. They will steal my colored pencils when my back is turned..... (perfect for designing quilts!). And you are so talented!!! Thank you for your thoughtful selection and sheer abundance of treasures! You've tapped into my creative spirit and are inspiring me to try new things! Merry Christmas to you and yours. I need to try that tea you sent me right now. And maybe sit down to do some quilting while I suck on those hard candies.... Thank you, thank you, thank you! Bigtime quilt hugs, Juana
Attached Thumbnails secret-santa-gift.jpg  
Old 12-06-2015, 02:06 PM

Oh my goodness what beautiful fur babies. Sadly I'm allergic to all the fur babies.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:06 PM

I'm such a dummy I posted the pictures of the package but forgot to mention the giver!! Thank you Catjo!!
Old 12-06-2015, 02:07 PM

HEY!!!!! I thought I was getting that kitty purse!! Quiltingdragon!! You need to package it up and send it here. SheriR mad a mistake. She was supposed to send it to me!!!

ibex94....back away from your package. I'll be there to save you from it.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
Oh, gosh, Barb M - what a great box of surprises ! And you definitely must have done some homework - two different triangle templates AND a tumbler template with a pattern for a quilt to make with it! What a lovely mug rug you made- and a mug to match it with our state bird on it! That candle smells WONDERFUL! and who ever has enough scissors - they are never where I need them. Can't wait to try the hot chocolate (and I am eating one of the candy bars as I type ) I can definitely use the lip balm and the small wall calendar - you may laugh but it is very hard to find one that fits where I need it in the kitchen, but this one is perfect. But to top off everything - THAT FABRIC IS BEAUTIFUL! - Barb, thank you so much!
Rennie- I love cardinals too! What's funny is I asked my on, do you think they have them there? How much better than the state flower! Your list said you like batiks- well, so do I! I had this in my stash,coveting it, afraid to cut it. and thought, Christmas fabric and batik all rolled into one lovely piece of fabric heaven, it needed to be more than a fat quarter to properly pet it, so a half yard should do!I had a great time shopping for you. Enjoy our local chocolates and if you have time, check out the maker of your lip balm, she's a good friend. Lynn employs developmentally challenged people- they do the packaging and prep for shipping. Lovely story! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-06-2015, 02:21 PM

I'm here I'm here I'm late but I made it.

Thank you thank you thank you to Sonja aka soniboo. You put together the most perfect secret Santa gift box.

My gift included candy canes, candy puffs, cashews, a box of hot chocolate, skittles, frosty nerds,and cake top candy. That's just the food gifts . Yummy
She also gave me book titled 100 pretty little projects, four Christmas fat quarters, two fabric pouches, a sweet little zippered pouch, a new rotary blade package of five, package of Tonga treats, Dresden template, clover clips, a snoopy note pad and a sweet little puzzle. Also a huge piece of lecien " merry taupe" fabric, a charm pack in white and one " perfectly seasoned" charm pack. Whew that was a lot of typing to get it all in. She was so generous and everything makes my secret Santa perfect in every way.

Oh and one more thing..... The sweetest bag of BABY LIMA BEANS!!!!!! Perfectly perfect gift!!! Thank you , thank you, and thank you again, I love it all.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:32 PM

YEAHHH!!! So glad you enjoyed everything..was fun shopping for you.....I did have lots of scraps to share so....have fun!!!
Originally Posted by Chester the bunny View Post
Huntannette!!!
What wonderful gifts you sent!
I received 12, yes 12 yellowy FQs, my favorite color. 3 Purdy's mint melties (don't know how you knew that those were my favorite ) ) A box of flower pins which I use all the time to hook my quilts onto my frame.
An art plaque which I LOVE, flower petals made with rocks. So cool. A fons and Porter magazine, a little pattern, quilters labels, Christmas embellishments, cat hair picker upper, notepad, measuring gauge, key chain. Oh and a bouquet of button flowers which I will put in a vase.
AND the piece de resistance ........... a ginormous box full of fabric and scraps. I did mention in my list to not be shy to throw in a piece or two of scraps but this is beyond amazing. I couldn't fit it all in there again if I tried.
Thank you so much my dear for adding to my stash in such a wonderful generous way.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
HEY!!!!! I thought I was getting that kitty purse!! Quiltingdragon!! You need to package it up and send it here. SheriR mad a mistake. She was supposed to send it to me!!!

ibex94....back away from your package. I'll be there to save you from it.
Can't have it, tlrnhi, but she did send me the pattern which I will happily share with you