Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 12-06-2015, 01:10 PM

I received a great package from Cathy in the Yukon, but I don't know her QB board name. She sent me a beautiful card titled "Pretty Robin" from the Fight For Sight charity. Cathy wrapped everything so pretty and she used selvedges for ribbons. What a great idea.
I also received:
three beautiful postcards showing the area where she lives
a pack of Vine in Frienship stickers that have a design that look like birds using the drunkards path pieces,
a magazine "Yukon, North of Ordinary" the official inflight magazine of Air North with lots of interesting information about Yukon and the people that live there, can't wait to read this,
a snowman tin, something I was looking for the other day for sewing table,
a half yard of beautiful fabric with sewing notions on it (love it),
jingle bells, to add to my collection,
a beautiful J. Wecker Frisch panel, Sewing Seeds (I've not seen this one before),
a tin of Snow Now, Snow in an Instant, just add water to the snow powder, super cute,
a fat quarter of fabric with thread spools on it in orange, yellow, and red, love it, I have the blue, purple and orange version,
a magnet with art on it from a Yukon artist, Jim Robb, Cathy says he dated her Mom back in the day, cute, the name of the art work is Gold Mine in the Sky,
a fabric basket made by Cathy with sewing notions fabrics, love it,
a note pad with cover art by Lynn Blake, the art is called "Small Town Days" and Cathy told me she used to be a daycare teacher at her niece's school before she left to pursue art full time,
Filigriee Fat Quarter Sampler containing 15 fat quarters, so cool,
Literary Fat Quarter sampler containing 10 fat quarters, really cool,
a package of Insul-Bright for potholders, (not pictured)
and last but not least, 1 yard of fabric called "My Hometown" by Cat Williams with quilts pictured on it,
So much beautiful fabric and fun things to play with. Thank you so much Cathy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537231[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537232[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 003.jpg   005.jpg  
Old 12-06-2015, 01:11 PM

Huntannette pleased you liked your gifts, merry Christmas.

I opened my gift from Nattoddboyd. Thank you so much, a lovely table runner, some chocolate, thread, ribbon, calendar, Christmas ornament, bobbin remover and four lovely fat quarters. Plus a cuddly kangaroo. Hope I haven't forgotten anything.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:13 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537229[/ATTACH]thank you Sue Straley for the great secret santa box. As you can see, my Poo-Chie is checking it out. She and Buzz enjoyed a taste of the treats you set and send their thanks. Many pieces of fabric, 2 patterns plus one she took from a magazine of a owl wall hanging, cocoa mix, 2 novels, 2 crossword magazines, a pen with jingle bell topper,a owl welcome sign, a banner of poinsettias that says Joy with matching card, JoAnne gift card,a small sign that says " from your secret santa,and a bag of peppermint patties ( they didnt last long).
Attached Thumbnails secret-santa.jpg  
Old 12-06-2015, 01:13 PM

Evie for your 1st time playing Secret Santa let me say you knocked it out of the park! Everything you sent is absolutely perfect and wrapped in batiks too. I love table runner's and mats so this pattern will be used, the Asian kit in my favorite colors is the 1st quilt in the new year. Excited to look through the Marti Michell book, lots of projects in it, putting the list book right by the sewing room computer, the little makeup bag and filled with all these fun things, I'm putting one of those bobbin washers in my machine right now. The pillow cases you made are exquisite and last but not least...See's candy (already had a piece) yum!!! Thank you so much I truly love love love everything you sent[ATTACH=CONFIG]537234[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]537235[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]537236[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]537237[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]537238[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]537239[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]537240[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 008.jpg   009.jpg   010.jpg   011.jpg   012.jpg  

013.jpg   014.jpg  
Old 12-06-2015, 01:16 PM

Thank you so much Kariboo, I love everything! I loved the way you put everything in the box - every layer of Christmassy tissue paper hid another treasure!! I'm at a quilting retreat, so it took a long time to open because everyone was crowded around oohing and aahing!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537243[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0001.jpg  
Old 12-06-2015, 01:19 PM

My wonderful package came from Rennie, She sent sent awesome angels, an embroidered angel ornament with a nativity scene in her skirt, an angel mug rug with a beautiful angel she embroidered and she put tabs on it so I can hang it also which I plan to do, and a needle case with angel fabric, all lovely additions to my angel collection. She also made a kitchen towel with hanging tab that I will be using, only have one other hanging towel, and I too find them very handy to have. She made a cute Christmas fabric bowl and filled it with my fav-Lindor dark chocolate, added a chocolate rasp. Godiva bar, a tissue holder with cute m-embroidery trim, and a colorful embroidered flower pic. in a magnetic frame. Then there are 4 magazines none of which I have-2 MSQ Block magazines-can't wait to read them-they're my first BLOCK mag. the 2 rulers I have been wanting, some threads, package of cute jingle bells, cute cup and cinnamon stick teas, pattern for a table runner, and 6 wonderful FQs. Thank you Rennie for a wonderful package!!!!

Thank You Rennie!
Attached Thumbnails 2015-ss-swap-pkg.jpg   2015-ss-swap-fabric.jpg  

Last edited by starshine; 12-06-2015 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:21 PM

JABA!!!!! Back away from that package! Put it all down, step away! I'll be there shortly to get it from you. It's full of bad things that you don't need. I'll save you from that package! Just listen to what I'm saying and no one will get hurt.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:22 PM

Huntannette!!!
What wonderful gifts you sent!
I received 12, yes 12 yellowy FQs, my favorite color. 3 Purdy's mint melties (don't know how you knew that those were my favorite ) ) A box of flower pins which I use all the time to hook my quilts onto my frame.
An art plaque which I LOVE, flower petals made with rocks. So cool. A fons and Porter magazine, a little pattern, quilters labels, Christmas embellishments, cat hair picker upper, notepad, measuring gauge, key chain. Oh and a bouquet of button flowers which I will put in a vase.
AND the piece de resistance ........... a ginormous box full of fabric and scraps. I did mention in my list to not be shy to throw in a piece or two of scraps but this is beyond amazing. I couldn't fit it all in there again if I tried.
Thank you so much my dear for adding to my stash in such a wonderful generous way.
Attached Thumbnails img_0245.jpg   img_0247.jpg   img_0248.jpg  
Old 12-06-2015, 01:32 PM

Santa's helper - thank you so much for all the goodies! Things kept falling out of the package!! I'm so thrilled with it all ! my little Maggie approves too!
Attached Thumbnails 1449437452586-1410774442.jpg  
Old 12-06-2015, 01:37 PM

Quilty Louise, what did I do to get on Santa's "nice" list this year? You absolutely outdid yourself with your over-the-top generous package! Here's a photo --

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537260[/ATTACH]

Fabric galore (including the pretty fabric and crocheted bookmarks she teased us all with here!), K-cups and teas, buttons and zippers, notebooks and pens (how do you all like the fancy light-up one?), scissors, needles, thread, notions galore (including several that I've had my eye on to try out), a bounty of travel size soaps, lotions, and other goodies, a monogramed stocking and a fuzzy polar bear card (too cute!), a JoAnn gift card (which should have been my only gift, thus my asking if I mistakenly got put from Santa's "naughty" to "nice" list), and finally, a button jigsaw puzzle and Christmas cryptogram.

Thank you!!!!! The puzzle and cryptogram are two favorite pastimes of mine but will have to wait a while yet. I took a fall in early November and am still having concussion symptoms. I'm thinking I should be able to tackle them in January or February -- just when you really want a good brain teaser to pass the long cold nights.

Thanks again, Louise, it was a very special SS package!
Attached Thumbnails qb-ss-2015.jpg