Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 11-12-2015, 07:04 PM

How fun is that firemen's fabric. I love it. My sweet hubby is the local chief. I'm not sure what the ruler is but I like trying new things. They'd be welcome in my package.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:26 PM

Finally have everything done, just need to wrap and drop it at the post office.

As for the last questions, yes to the cover and the ruler no to the wrist pin cushion, I don't use them. For me I found a magnetic tray works best, DH is tired of finding my pins with his feet.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:38 PM

got my package in the mail today you should receive it by the 16th is what the slip says. but actually you should get it before then. Duh me left my name on the outside of the box so you will know who its from soon as you get it. meant to hide my name.

verna2197
Old 11-12-2015, 08:16 PM

my package will get mail out on monday waiting on cash for shipping cost
Old 11-12-2015, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by pyffer3 View Post
Love the sexy firemen! Would be great hanging on my wall next to my sewing machine. Might even get some of those UFOs finished!
This hadn't occurred to me but you might be on to something, if you get the firemen let us know if it speeds up getting UFOs finished quicker.

Hadn't been on much lately but did receive my SS package and must say my SS did a very cute thing with the package. Can't wait to find out who it is.

I don't like to get the candy too much before I box my things up as I don't like to give in to temptation and then have to go back and make another treat purchase, and really don't want to have to go back a third time so as close to the day I am mailing is when I like to make that purchase.

I will only say that my package will be in the mail by its mailing date or before.

Louise those items look useful but it reminded me of the thing Clover makes with all the nubbies that the clips on the wrist and the clips can be stuck onto when using them.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:45 AM

Vodka Cake recipe

Once again this year I've had requests for my vodka Christmas cake recipe so here goes. Please keep it in your files as I'm beginning to get tired of typing this up every year! (Made mine this morning!!!)

1 cup sugar, half pound butter, 1tsp baking powder, 1 cup water, 1 tsp salt, 1 cup brown sugar, lemon juice, 4 large eggs, nuts, 1....bottle vodka, 2 cups dried fruit, 4 cups self-raising flour.

Sample a cup of vodka to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the vodka again to be sure it is of the highest quality, then repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again.
At this point, it's best to make sure the vodka is still ok. Try another cup just in case.

Turn off the mixer thingy. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick rest of the fruit off the floor, wash it and put it in the bowl a piece at a time trying to count it. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the vodka to test for tonsisticity. Next sift 2 cups of salt, or something.
Check the vodka.

Now sit shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the flippin window.
Finish off the vodka and wipe the worktop with the furky cat.....

Last edited by Knitette; 11-13-2015 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by momoftana View Post
Secret Santa has landed.
Love it!
Old 11-13-2015, 04:24 AM

Knitette that is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh this morning.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:42 AM

Your vodka Christmas cake recipe sounds just like my rum cake recipe. hehehehe
Old 11-13-2015, 05:05 AM

Guess I better get mine finished up. Hope my Santee likes it. She has not been on here at all and stalking her hasn't given alot of clues. Course I do more reading on here than posting too. I am pretty much happy with anything though. Sounds like everyone is having a good time!