Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 11-13-2015, 08:23 PM

how many bottles of added vodka for cake and for me did you say
Old 11-13-2015, 08:24 PM

I'm in the Midwest too
Old 11-13-2015, 09:04 PM

Knitette, that recipe is just too funny. This is the first time I saw it. Thanks for the laugh.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:47 PM

YAHOO! My SS buddy received her package!
I'm so excited for her to open everything. I had such fun
getting things, making a stocking and wrapping them all.
Thank you, Terri, for moderating this fun swap!
Old 11-14-2015, 12:05 AM

How come I've missed seeing this before! I drink vodka (usually with lime or lemon) But it sure sounds appealing.I'd have to wipe the worktopwith my little dog as I havent got a cat.
Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
Vodka Cake recipe

Once again this year I've had requests for my vodka Christmas cake recipe so here goes. Please keep it in your files as I'm beginning to get tired of typing this up every year! (Made mine this morning!!!)

1 cup sugar, half pound butter, 1tsp baking powder, 1 cup water, 1 tsp salt, 1 cup brown sugar, lemon juice, 4 large eggs, nuts, 1....bottle vodka, 2 cups dried fruit, 4 cups self-raising flour.

Sample a cup of vodka to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the vodka again to be sure it is of the highest quality, then repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again.
At this point, it's best to make sure the vodka is still ok. Try another cup just in case.

Turn off the mixer thingy. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick rest of the fruit off the floor, wash it and put it in the bowl a piece at a time trying to count it. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the vodka to test for tonsisticity. Next sift 2 cups of salt, or something.
Check the vodka.

Now sit shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the flippin window.
Finish off the vodka and wipe the worktop with the furky cat.....
Old 11-14-2015, 12:09 AM

can anyone tell me when packages have to be posted by? and when is the Grand opening day? Thanks
Old 11-14-2015, 02:46 AM

M-Fay, need to post package today, November 14th. That's the posting date Teri gave in beginning.
I haven't seen the opening date so if someone else knows & can post that would be great.
Got home from post office & mailing my SS gift & mine was sitting at the door. It does jingle- 😄
Old 11-14-2015, 03:26 AM

Well, my Santaee will be receiving her rather large box soon as I mailed it yesterday. Hunting for a large enough box was the problem this year as it seems I got carried away with giving to my Santaee. But I had so much fun doing it!

M-fay, today is the deadline for mailing. Opening day, in the past, has been the 2nd Sunday in Dec. That would be the 13th this year. Time is 3 p.m. Terri time (eastern). All those in agreement, please chime in.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:47 AM

I'm in the Midwest too. Could it be me? My elf received her package several days ago but still hasn't posted. May she is sick? On vacation? Working long hours? I hope everything is ok with her and her family. Darn! I didn't take pictures.
Maybe she opened it and hates what I sent!!!! Oh No!!
Old 11-14-2015, 08:46 AM

I'm happy with second Sunday of December for opening if that is what Terri puts her blessing on.

My SS gift has officially arrived according to tracking number info. No postings from my elf, still. I hope she's alright.

No package has arrived at my door from my SS but today is the mailing deadline and I know lots haven't had a chance to finish mailing yet so I'll try to be patient. That Vodka recipe just might give me the patience that I need, lol.

How many of us participated in the exchange this year?