Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 11-14-2015, 08:47 AM

All you chatty folks - took me awhile this morning to catch up. This is my busy time of the year at work so have been working some long hours. Am in Vegas this weekend helping hubby get settled in his permanent place. Looks like my SS has received her package - YEA!
Louise - I've never seen those kinds of rulers before. The pin cushion would be very helpful. I thought the fireman cover was incredible. Too bad I'm not in the Midwest. .
If Opening Day turns out to be the same day as last year I will be delayed in my opening as the 2nd Sunday in December is my traditional Ladies' Christmas Tea I host for all of my local lady friends. Invitations went out this week.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:02 AM

I missed a day checking in, so I just had to catch up on all of the posts so far. It sounds like everyone is having a great time recieving & mailing their SS packages. I am still waitng for mine to get here, but have already mailed mine & I see that she has received it. Yeah.........I hope she likes what I sent her!! This is so much fun!!

Last edited by SulaBug; 11-14-2015 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:39 AM
Banned

My friend told me that my SS box is scheduled for pick up,
and I just heard the mail carrier pick up her SS box from
outside my door.

I have not received my SS box yet either, but since today
is the mail by date there is still plenty of time.

Opening day it pretty flexible for me.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:40 AM

I received my Secret Santa package earlier this and it came from North Myrtle Beach, SC. It arrived safely and I'll open all my goodies on Christmas.

Thank you!!
Old 11-14-2015, 11:23 AM

OMG just 2 funny Love it!!!!

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
Vodka Cake recipe

Once again this year I've had requests for my vodka Christmas cake recipe so here goes. Please keep it in your files as I'm beginning to get tired of typing this up every year! (Made mine this morning!!!)

1 cup sugar, half pound butter, 1tsp baking powder, 1 cup water, 1 tsp salt, 1 cup brown sugar, lemon juice, 4 large eggs, nuts, 1....bottle vodka, 2 cups dried fruit, 4 cups self-raising flour.

Sample a cup of vodka to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the vodka again to be sure it is of the highest quality, then repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again.
At this point, it's best to make sure the vodka is still ok. Try another cup just in case.

Turn off the mixer thingy. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick rest of the fruit off the floor, wash it and put it in the bowl a piece at a time trying to count it. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the vodka to test for tonsisticity. Next sift 2 cups of salt, or something.
Check the vodka.

Now sit shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the flippin window.
Finish off the vodka and wipe the worktop with the furky cat.....
Old 11-14-2015, 11:33 AM

just let me know about opening day, we are getting ready to move so it will be pretty hectic for me for awhile. Hopefully whenever it is I all be able to get online and participate. Dh decided he wanted a house with a basement so we went and found one, now just have to get our home we live in now sold. Boy oh boy I sure do hate packing. Just have to much junk.

To my SS your package is on the way, mailed it on the 12th and honestly can't remember if I posted it on here or not. you will know who its from since dummy me put my name on the outside. DUH! Cant do 2 things at once and pretty soon will be having quilting withdrawals as everything will be packed up.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:41 AM

Mine is in the mail, work has been hectic so little time to be in the hole. I have some home made fruit cake near the remains of the Vodka cake.

This is how my last few weeks have been going... Had to open the box to add one item and the card so after I closed it up and dropped it off at the PO what do I find on the table, the card!! Will mail that in a few days. DH leaves tomorrow for work trip so I should have a few days to sew and clean at my leisure!

Isn't life suppose to slow down as you get older???? Need more time!!! To sew and have fun.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:46 AM

Nothing today?? Maybe Monday.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:01 PM

Any Opening Day is fine with me; the 2nd Sunday sounds great. There has been trouble in the past with setting a time since we're scattered worldwide. Perhaps we should consider just setting the day and no time; then everyone could open and post when convenient throughout the day wherever they are.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:35 PM

Nothing like waiting til the last minute, my secret Santa package is on its way south of me. It should arrive by Tuesday. Now to sit and wait. I have been staring at a package for a week. It is a very quite package and quite heavy.