Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 10-21-2015, 06:17 PM

golden girls? love watching repeats. i am definitely Rose--grew up on farm in Minnesota. although i would like to think i had a little Blanche thrown in there. Cant get enough of Sophia--she cracks me up all the time.
most of items bought for my Santee--just need to finish up the handmade item and get that candy she claims to love(I love them too so she may only get the empty wrapper).
Old 10-21-2015, 06:38 PM

Have Dear Jane book & have been collecting fabric for it over a year. Kind of hesitant to begin it though, such small pieces. Oh well, my postage stamp is small, too - top is finished but 4 quilts in line to longarm before I can start the PSQ. Will be away until mid Nov so will mail to Santee early next week after shopping for a few requested items to include in the pkg.
hugs,
dj
Old 10-21-2015, 11:57 PM

Cuppy, I must be your Santee, right? Hmm, did I mention that I like crafts? I don't think so...
Old 10-22-2015, 01:59 AM

That sounds like a great gift. If I'm your elf I'd like it. I plan on making a Dear Jane or similar as soon as I get some of my UFOs out of the way.

Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
Wish I knew if my Santee would like the book Dear Jane with the templates etc....she hasn`t posted a lot but did so once or twice...sooooo....if you think you might be my partner and interested in this book plz let me know on here and I will include it in your gift..it is brand new, never used!!! I received one as a gift and I had just bought myself one....
Old 10-22-2015, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
I know it’s late in the game and there’s even a box mailed out!! EEEEK!!! Incase these still apply, I wadded through the posts (Guess how long that took) and here are all the questions I found. I’m actually really easy to please. I just love quilting and anything quilting… This week I’m finishing up a quilt for my daughter to give her bestie as a wedding gift. The bride and groom are both Police Officers. My daughter asked me LAST WEEK to make them a ThinBlueLine quilt. Good thing it’s a simple pattern and blacks are plentiful at the stores. My quest this week is free motion quilting it. I’m not getting inspiration on that…..
Without further ado my answers…. Hope I didn’t miss any. I tried to color my answers, it didn't cut/paste from my word program... lol

Post 65 questions:

1. What's your favorite color? Pink/gray, Red/purple, Worst color? Can’t think of one.

2. Fabric type - Batik, solids, floral, Civil War, 30's, other? Yes yes yes yes yes YES

3. Quilting style - traditional, modern, scrappy? Whatever I need to do for whoever I’m making for

4. Pets? One male beta fish named Elsa because my darling granddaughters picked HER out for me.

5. Coffee or Tea? No-coffee, herbal tea

6. Chocolate - love it or hate it? LOVE LOVE LOVE

7. Do you prefer homemade gifts or store bought? I love gifts

8. What's your favorite flower? Pink roses.

9. Your favorite snack? Chocolate almonds, black licorice, and um THEATRE POPCORN

10. What's playing in your sewing area when your there? OLD MOVIES

Post 130 questions:
Do you like the Clover binding clips? I use tiny office clips
Do you like/use zippers? Um..
Do you like Christmas fabrics? YES
Post 139 questions:
Do you applique? YES
Do you use turn edge, or fusible applique? All sorts on my Dear Jane projects
If fusible what kind do you like/use? I have a bolt of WonderUnder
What kind of scissors to you use for cutting out the shapes? I love my tiny green handled scissors. BEST EVER
Have you ever used (or own) a pair of the Fiskar micro tip spring action scissors? No to spring action, yes to Fiskars
Post 147 question:
What other crafts do you do??? I think I’ve dabbled in just about everything
What do you have fun at???? Swinging my granddaughters and going to the movie with my hunny.
Post 155 question:
What is your favorite holiday? I think Christmas

Do you search flea markets for UFOs and/or scraps to build your backlog of projects? no

Other hobbies and crafts? Tried most all?

Post 189 questions:
Do you have a Keurig brewer? no
If YES do you have a favorite flavor/kind of coffee, tea or hot chocolate? no

Do you like sewing/quilting notions (in general) such as seam rippers, etc... favorite notions are my tiny green handled scissors, and my 2.5” x 6” ruler. I love that little thing
Do you like/want magazines and/or books (sewing/quilting)? Not really
Do you like/want/need quilting rulers? (shapes/sizes) I’ve wondered if I needed one more, so I guess yes.

Do you like hand lotion? a special brand/kind? I suddenly have dry hands…yes?
Do you like Bath & Body Works products? yes

Do you like/use graph paper (for quilt designing)? Yes

Post 208 question:
what is your favorite fabric brand/and/or designer? I love MODA, it’s so soft

Post 213 questions:
Do you like the Clover Yo-Yo makers? Never tried them
How about the Clover Kanzashi Flower Makers? Never tried them

Do you like using yo-yo's (already made) in your projects? I make them without a maker?
Post 302 question:
I will be sending 1 yard of this fabric to my little elf IF I see them post that they would like it. YES
Post 335 question:
Cheesecake? YES YES YES
Post 341 Question:
If you were a Golden Girl, which Golden Girl would you be? Oh man.. I don’t know
Post 410 question:
I'm also going to randomly send out little giftees to people. Sound like a cool idea? YES
Post 419 question:
I'm also going to randomly send out little giftees to people. FUN!!
Post 436 question:
Would you guys like something like this if you were the recipient? Yes..yes…yes darling bag.
Post 445 questions:
Do you have an embroidery machine? yes
What kind? Viking Topaz 30
Hoop size (largest)? 200x240

Do you hand embroidery or cross stitch? Yes and yes

Hand sewing? Doing a hexi for my daughter does that count?
Post 595 question:
Wish I knew if my Santee would like the book Dear Jane with the templates etc.... Got my Jane on, super idea!!
Very nicely organized for everyone that hasn't yet been chatting!

I just want to tell you all that the kindness and generosity of the participants in the quilting board is a joy to see! I have been visiting a lot of the What's New posts just to see what I can learn and in addition to the knowledge being freely shared, so much support is given to one another as troubles overwhelm us. If only the rest of the world would operate in such a supportive manner. Keep it up and keep paying it forward is all I can say. It does make the world a better place!

It is satsuma (citrus tangerine/mandarin combo) season in New Orleans. I dropped a bunch off in the hole for you all. Don't worry about the green skin.... that's the best time to eat them. Southern Louisiana satsumas are best when green :-). When the skin turns orange they are softer. https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ch116
Attached Thumbnails satsumas.jpeg  
Old 10-22-2015, 04:36 AM
Power Poster

I agree Ibex94 about all the support on this board. It's amazing! I have never seen satsuma. Thank you for sharing that with us.

I have one more question for everyone.

** What is the (one) thing you most would like to have in your 'Secret Santa' package?

That way some of us have other things we plan to include, make, etc. but it will help in specifically knowing this.

Susan
Old 10-22-2015, 05:07 AM

Hmmm I`ve never seen Satsuma either....thy sure don`t grow up here in Northern Ontario that`s for sure...ha ha ha.....and to answer your question....what I would like to see in my SS package is a bag of scraps from my SS.....love making scrap quilts and it is always fun to see others fabrics even if only in scraps.
I`m off to the hole to try one of those Satsumas......

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
I agree Ibex94 about all the support on this board. It's amazing! I have never seen satsuma. Thank you for sharing that with us.

I have one more question for everyone.

** What is the (one) thing you most would like to have in your 'Secret Santa' package?

That way some of us have other things we plan to include, make, etc. but it will help in specifically knowing this.

Susan
Old 10-22-2015, 05:27 AM

I agree with huntannette! Having a scrap bag from your SS would let you get to know them in a very intimate way! How thoughtful. I have been playing in my sewing room and oh! my goodness, My brain is darting around like a squirrel crossing the road! Honk if I get in the way! Nothing more uncomfortable than being FLAT!
Old 10-22-2015, 05:35 AM

Please Secret Santa don't send me any scraps, I am overwhelmed with what I already have,mw ill have to think on what I most would like to receive
Old 10-22-2015, 05:38 AM

Oh I love scarps as well. Love making scraps quilts to.