Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 10-21-2015, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
Little dog? Don't know if I could do a little dog. Ya'll know that I now have a dog, right? Yep, adopted a giant pup. She was an owner surrender. Her owners were moving south to Louisiana and said it was too hot for her there. Sooo....we went and got her. They named her Tinkerbelle, but I changed it to Belle. There's nothing tinker about her.
I'll post a pic of her later.
Ya'll will just have to figure out what kind of giant pup she is
I'm going to say she is a Saint Bernard. They are so big and fluffy. Way too fluffy to be a southern dog.

Ooops. I just saw the picture. She is a beauty and the name Belle suits her.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:50 AM
Banned

She isn't a "pup" she is a half grown horse.

But belle is a beauty.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:39 AM
Power Poster

Belle is a real sweetie. I just want to give her a big hug, and pull those cheeks out.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:53 AM

What a sweetie, definitely looks like she has St. Bernard in her. Belle is a much better name for your baby then Tinkerbell.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:24 AM

Belle is full blood St Bernard. She doesn't drool much, which is nice, but sheds like crazy.
She loves being warm, but not too warm. She freezes me out of the van when we go for rides, which is a daily thing. Since the windows don't go down in the back of the van, I have to have the a/c on for her. Good thing I have dual controls so I can have heat in the front. We are actually looking for another rescue/owner surrender so she has a friend to romp around with instead of just me. I'm her best friend at the moment and she needs a 4 legged best friend.
There is one that an owner has to rehome due to a move they are making and their new place doesn't allow pets, but I'm on the fence about it. It's a male, smooth coat like Belle, but he's in northern VA. We did drive to Richmond, VA to get Belle, so the drive isn't the problem. The problem is....I know Belle will be fine with the new dog upon meeting, but don't know what she'll be like if we take him home. She's VERY protective of me. Sooo.......we have to do alot of thinking.........
Old 10-21-2015, 06:35 AM

It's me again........................with another UPDATE -

Favorite Colors/Fabrics - Blue is the Very Most Favorite, but I do like greens also. Batiks in every color, Patriotic/American/winter, Holidays - Halloween/Christmas/July 4th.

Not a coffee drinker, love Hot Chocolate and drink Tea.

I have been teaching myself to crochet and knit a little.

Love to Travel - so I collect Thimbles and Fat Quarters.

I haven't seen anything on my Secret Santa.............I hope she posts something soon. I have been buying and making things as I go. But sure would like to know what her likes and dislikes are. How do you search for someone and are able to find a profile? I went in and did a search on the name, but only found a few things about the swaps and vintage machines and that was very little to view.

Robinlee

Originally Posted by Robinlee View Post
UPDATE:

Embroidery Machine - Yes I do and use quite frequently. Have done lots of different things on it. and I attend nearly every year the Anita Goodesign and Floriani workshop. Love all the threads that Floriani puts out.

and yes I make my own clothes and DGD clothes. Right at the moment I am making Cinderella for 7 year DGD. And the back of my classroom tables has GLITTER all over and on the floor that the "glitter fairy" left. Last year I made her a ELSA dress and the Glitter fairy was in my sewing room. It is easy to cleanup in my FACS class, hence the reason I finished cutting out 2 layers of 4 patterns pieces. I've been waiting for students to make comments as to the sparklers laying all over the floor, tables and me(not so much me) that was missed last night.

I started making American girls clothes last year for 2 of the 4 DGD's. So always looking for trims and large scraps for them. I also made one Elsa dress for DGD doll to match her dress. the other 2 DGD's have gotten Barbie doll clothes.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:25 AM

Such a sweet little doggie you have.

I would love to have a dog but I'm allergic to them. such sadness.

I think God knew what she was doing when she made me allergic because I would have a pack of dogs if I could. I just love them to death for about five minutes then I pay for it for about six hours, and somehow I think breathing just might be important. Lol
Old 10-21-2015, 09:08 AM

Terri, we use to always have Two dogs, a boxer and a rot, then a rot and springer mix. Boxer and rot got along together from day 1, even though we had the boxer for 4 years before buying tot. When our boxer passed, Jazz cried and howled for two weeks. We rescued the springer for her as a playmate. The springer was mean and aggressive to her but life finally settled down and they became best friends. Both of them are no longer with us our current fur baby gets along wonderfully with other dogs except my dd's. No idea why but found it best to keep them apart.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:31 AM

She's beautiful. did a little more shopping today, think I'm done.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Robinlee View Post
It's me again........................with another UPDATE -

I haven't seen anything on my Secret Santa.............I hope she posts something soon. I have been buying and making things as I go. But sure would like to know what her likes and dislikes are. How do you search for someone and are able to find a profile? I went in and did a search on the name, but only found a few things about the swaps and vintage machines and that was very little to view.

Robinlee
I found after using advanced search that if you click on the person's name in their thread, you can then request individual posts to come up. The advanced search gives you threads that might have been started. Clicking on their name provides more direct info. I also did a google search on my person and found a couple more things that way. Like you, I wish folks would chat more.

or am I trying to mislead you all about who my Santee is??