Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 12-08-2015, 06:43 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537517[/ATTACH]Sorry to post late. I've been out of town taking care of 3 grandsons for a week. God has a reason for giving kids to younger people! I don't have the energy to do that very often!
A big thank you to JuanitaBean.
my package contained a lovely tea pot with a matching cup & saucer, a novel, an ornament, a journal, hot mitt & towel, sanitizer in a holder, a pkg of magnetic bars to hold bobbins, a pkg of Halloween buttons, a tote that folds down into a strawberry, 5 beautiful fq , a crocheted cross bookmark, a plastic wallet, and a plastic tower that I'm not sure what it's for. There was a pretty crystal angel but she didn't survive the trip from CA.
Thanks Juanita. I think everything is great & I'm sorry I didn't share more in chatter. This last 6 weeks has been wild. In that time I've only been home for 4 full days. The rest I've been the "traveling Mimi". FL wasn't a bad gig for babysitting but I went from days in the 90's to North GA where they were in the 50's.
Attached Thumbnails secret-santa-2015.jpg  

Last edited by mimiknoxtaylor; 12-08-2015 at 07:02 AM. Reason: forgot to add picture
Old 12-08-2015, 07:03 AM

Sorry to put the pix upside down. It was an ordeal to get it on. Couldn't get the IPad to cooperate & then couldn't figure out how to post it from my IPhone. Finally used my laptop.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:16 AM

Jeanne49...you are very welcome.

You never know when Santa's Angels are going to show up.

I had a nice ride to your house. Had never been up that way. Ok, I had been that way, but not further than St Peter's on the "back roads".
Old 12-08-2015, 09:07 AM

I have been in touch with my SS and thanked her but have not been able to post photos. Betty if you took photos of what you sent would you please post for me? As for the person that I sent to, I still haven't heard from her and I know she is alright cause Terri checked for me. All Teri could tell me is that she did receive a package from me.
In case BettyGee didn't take pictures I will list what she sent.
She is so generous, I was amazed at my gifts. Thank you Betty again, I hope you see this.
2 Quilting book, Quilt Lovely and Simple Triangles. I have already picked not one but two quilts from the Quilt Lovely.
8 writing pens in 8 different colors
9 FQ all in red and white except one that has a brown background. I wish I could let you see the fabric, it is so beautiful.
11 yes 11 spools of silk thread. So nice for applique!
9 mini charm packs. This was such a surprise! I collect these and use a lot for hexagons. Perfect!
needle threader with magnifier
A fat pen..ha ha I won't lose this in my purse!
Pencil compass
needle inserter and brush for my sewing machine
needle sort and store pincushion
3 bars of natural soap
Address book
2 note books
velvet drawstring pouch
A cute cute pin
Betty, Thank you so much, I truly appreciate your generosity.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by soniboo View Post
She LOVES her box!

Dede sent the most beautiful reversible table runner that I absolutely love & also a little holder that's so sweet! She sent me five of the cutest holiday novelty fat quarters & also four in different designs & shades of pink that I'll really enjoy sewing with, a Wonder Clips Wrist Cushion I didn't have & a package of Wonder Clips, a Machine Needle Organizer I also didn't have, Emery boards & an adorable Panda Bear nail brush, a Quilter's Needle Compact with 30 quilting needles I'll use & didn't have, safety pins, a tape measure & the sweetest little terracotta clay pot with a "Christmas Tree To Be" Grow Kit. I'm hoping to someday have it as a big tree. Also a mystery book "The Cat Who Went Bananas", can't wait to start it. Some items were wrapped & lots of different chocolates were scattered throughout the box. I love it all, can use it all & thank you again for my wonderful package, Dede!
Glad you can enjoy what I sent, I am beginning to like pinks again after shopping for you!
Lillian Jackson Braun started writing the Cat Who series in 1966 and they are fun reads, I think she wrote 29 books in the series and I have read most of them, thought I would share one. As for the tree, I hope that made you smile should take a few years before you can decorate it. Have a great Christmas it was fun putting together your box.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:04 AM

Thanks, Vicki. I was sitting here trying to open that cutter and couldn't figure it out!

Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
So glad you liked your package...I had such a ball gathering things all year & making things as I could. I love playing secret santa! One thing though...I bought myself a set of the cutter/scissors, too; took me a little bit to figure out the cutter at first, so to save you--unscrew it & lift the little handle thingy up, then rescrew. You just have to do it the first time...might be a safety thing. Hope that helps. I really like the cutter. I surprised myself by how much I was able to get in that box. I think wrapping in fabric helped & now you have even more stash! I use that container I put the fabric cupcakes in for supply storage...I have the whole system. Every little bit helps! Thanks for posting pic. Enjoy your holidays!
Old 12-08-2015, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
This year was my first time in this swap and I just have to tell you I really enjoyed it and will be back next year. I am truly sorry for the ones that did mot receive a package that is a terrible feeling, been there on another group. Love seeing all the pictures, (even if I still cant get mine loaded) I do have one problem though, I dont think its fair that I worked my butt off and put together an awesome package for ny Secret Santa Pal and they dont even acknowledge anything about it. No Thank You, no I hate my package no nothing. I would think that would automatically be included from anyone. I was brought up to say thank you.
I agree I have not heard from the person I sent to,she did say she got it,might be busy and hasn't had time to post, we will see,
Old 12-08-2015, 01:59 PM

Still trying to load pictures.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
This year was my first time in this swap and I just have to tell you I really enjoyed it and will be back next year. I am truly sorry for the ones that did mot receive a package that is a terrible feeling, been there on another group. Love seeing all the pictures, (even if I still cant get mine loaded) I do have one problem though, I dont think its fair that I worked my butt off and put together an awesome package for ny Secret Santa Pal and they dont even acknowledge anything about it. No Thank You, no I hate my package no nothing. I would think that would automatically be included from anyone. I was brought up to say thank you.
I was raised to say please & thank you also. My Santaee has yet to post anything either.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
I was raised to say please & thank you also. My Santaee has yet to post anything either.
Me too.... but as you said Cindy, I was raised to say thank you too. In fact, I received such a great package that thank you hardly seemed adequate... but I said it any way, both here and in a PM.

Hugs

Caroline