Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2017-Signups Closed--All Names Out >

Secret Santa 2017-Signups Closed--All Names Out

Secret Santa 2017-Signups Closed--All Names Out

Old 10-27-2017, 05:17 PM

love gift cards to places i like to shop like Joanne's, hobby lobby, book stores. favorite place to eat is a restaurant called Great Moon Buffet--chinese/American food--i always eat too much but the food is so good. buy most of my new fabric at Hobby Lobby or Joanne's but love S R Harris also but dont get there often as I dont drive. I also shop thrift stores for fabric remnants to use for the scrappy tops i make for the church group--the ladies there give me their scraps too.
been slowly getting some of my Xmas shopping and sewing done, My list ms to grow every year even without adding new family members or friends. last year we met my daughter's half brother and his family and since he was unemployed, we 'adopted' his family as our yearly "santa help" project rather than getting a family from the welfare rolls.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:56 PM

got good news ~ Customs has released the item to post office -and says it will arrive - Expected delivery
2017/10/31... hint its going to America. to a state starting with I -
Old 10-27-2017, 07:10 PM

I've been busy planning a 50th birthday bash. Thank god I got a few more days. Yes, doing laundry too. getting itchy fingers to sew, but can't haul out my stuff till after the party. what's everyone working on ?
Old 10-27-2017, 09:27 PM

I know I can get my hands on my person's "wants" item, so feel good about that!

Do You like jewelry and do you have pierced ears? Like jewelry, but not supposed to wear it at work, so it doesn't get changed up often.
do you decorate a tree at Christmas time? Some years.
Do you like pot holders or kitchen towels? Yes and yes.
Do you use table toppers or table runners? No
Do you like FQ's or 1/4 or 1/2 yards of fabric? I can use either one
Do you use flannel fabric? Yes
What notions does everyone need a bunch of? I could use a good seam ripper!
I love aprons. I have an addiction Scarves I don't use as often, but if it is 100% natural fibers (wool, cotton, silk, etc), I can wear it outside at work when doing my rounds. Gloves-- I have super short pinkies so they never fit me unless they are stretchy or made just for me.
Do you like special soap or lotions? Yes
Do you use Microwave bowls? I do, but I don't actually microwave them, just use them to hold the hot bowl because I don't eat stuff out of a bowl at a table like a normal person...

I do not have a keirig (however it is spelled), but there is one at work that make ok coffee if it is really dark (it makes anything else really weak). I love dark and flavored coffees, ground or whole bean.

I'm not sure if I put it in the questionnaire, but I would love something "from home"... a postcard, a magnet (I love magnets and collect them from every place I visit), etc.

Last edited by Sleepy Hollow; 10-27-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:34 PM

Right now I'm working on finishing a crocheted blanket I'm making for my son. I've used three skeins of big, fluffy yarn (Bernat blanket yarn, "Cloudy Sky Twist") so far, but my son is over 6 foot tall, so I'm going to to add another two or three skeins to make it big enough. I don't know how to follow a crochet pattern yet, so I'm making one huge granny square. I started it on the plane last week (yea for lucking out and having no one in the seat next to me!) and worked on it before my class each day. It helps me stay awake during my night shifts, so hoping I can finish it in the next few nights.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:40 AM

I like gift cards from Joann's
I like applebee's and outback restraunts.
and yes I like gift cards.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:45 AM

Box is all most ready to send out
Old 10-28-2017, 01:41 PM

Sleepy Hollow, I'm sure he'll love it. Thats a big task..
Old 10-28-2017, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by kariboo View Post
Sleepy Hollow, I'm sure he'll love it. Thats a big task..
Thank you, I hope so! I got another skein of yarn on it last night, but then had to rip out my last row (all four sides, so about 20 feet of stitching...) I thought I was paying close attention to my corners, but I messed one up (again, lol). It's all (quilting, crocheting, knitting, etc) definitely a labor of love!
Old 10-29-2017, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
I want to ask some questions!Do You like jewelry and do you have pierced ears? do you decorate a tree at Christmas time? Do you like pot holders or kitchen towels? Do you use table toppers or table runners? Do you like FQ's or 1/4 or 1/2 yards of fabric? Do you use flannel fabric. What notions does everyone need a bunch of? I already know most don't want scraves or gloves or aprons! Do you like special soap or lotions? Do you use Microwave bowls?
I have pierced ears, but can't wear costume jewelry. We decorate a 3' tree. Pot holders & kitchen towels, yes. Table toppers & runners, yes. FG & 1/2 yards preferred. No on flannel. Notions? Needles, 45mm blades. No on lotions & soaps & Microwave bowls (I make them myself).
Sorry I've been MIA, been busy with quilt show season. Just had 4 entries, won 7 ribbons! Also have a craft fair the day after our mail out deadline. But I'll try to do better at keeping up!