Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2020 sign-ups >

Secret Santa 2020 sign-ups

Secret Santa 2020 sign-ups

Old 11-08-2020, 06:17 PM
  #121  
Senior Member
 
roseirish48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 838
Default

Originally Posted by roseirish48 View Post
today i rec;d a package from Australia. i thought it might be the package from my secret santa from another website but the monitor there says no as none of the swappers are from out of the USA. the customs label lists items that have nothing to do with ornaments so dont think it is my package from the ornament swap on this website but have sent message to Hav4boys to make sure. i didnt get in to this secret santa group this year due to my mistake so am sitting this year out in "naughty: hole. have i been so "naughty" that someone is feeling sorry for me?
i believe i have sovled the mystery of the source and extend a gracious thank you. i shall not open til reveal day for this swap.
roseirish48 is offline  
Old 11-08-2020, 10:21 PM
  #122  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Buckinghamshire, England
Posts: 603
Default

I posted mine out on Saturday - I hope the recipient likes what I have put together! I normally enjoy taking part in these and in monthly swaps and am happy to pay the postage from UK to USA. However, I had a nasty shock when I went this time (haven't played for about 6-8 weeks). The postal system has created a new 'world zone' just for the US- no one else is in it and the cost is almost double what I paid previously!! It is cheaper for me to send something to Australia or the outer reaches of Timbuktu than it is anywhere in America.

Unless I can source a cheaper method by one of the private courier companies this may be my last US swap
RJLinkletter is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 12:20 AM
  #123  
Super Member
 
m-fay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nabawa, Western Australia
Posts: 1,793
Default

Hi RJLinkletter. I'll enquire about that from Australia but so far nothing has changed for me posting to America.but I believe Australia is not receiving from Spain so who really knows?
m-fay is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 04:31 AM
  #124  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the middle of a mess...
Posts: 19,947
Default

You never know what can happen.
It's the magic of Christmas!!!


Originally Posted by roseirish48 View Post
today i rec;d a package from Australia. i thought it might be the package from my secret santa from another website but the monitor there says no as none of the swappers are from out of the USA. the customs label lists items that have nothing to do with ornaments so dont think it is my package from the ornament swap on this website but have sent message to Hav4boys to make sure. i didnt get in to this secret santa group this year due to my mistake so am sitting this year out in "naughty: hole. have i been so "naughty" that someone is feeling sorry for me?
tlrnhi is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 04:39 AM
  #125  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the middle of a mess...
Posts: 19,947
Default

Postal rates have gone up for everyone. It's ridiculous! I try my very best to get everyone a person that they want/need and also to respect their wishes for mailing to US/out of country. I did one year, have those in Europe sending to Europe addresses and the same with Canadians. I can only do that every once in a while or there will be people sending to the same people all the time.

I really do try my best to make sure it's not the same people sending overseas/Canada all the time. It's not fair that those are the only ones enduring the horrible postage. I do understand that money is tight for some, but maybe if we start putting a couple dollars a month in a jar for "Secret Santa" mailing, that might work out. You know...the same way we shop all year for goodies for the boxes. Maybe a special piggy bank for it. I dunno..........



Originally Posted by RJLinkletter View Post
I posted mine out on Saturday - I hope the recipient likes what I have put together! I normally enjoy taking part in these and in monthly swaps and am happy to pay the postage from UK to USA. However, I had a nasty shock when I went this time (haven't played for about 6-8 weeks). The postal system has created a new 'world zone' just for the US- no one else is in it and the cost is almost double what I paid previously!! It is cheaper for me to send something to Australia or the outer reaches of Timbuktu than it is anywhere in America.

Unless I can source a cheaper method by one of the private courier companies this may be my last US swap
tlrnhi is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 08:16 AM
  #126  
Super Member
 
CookyIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,483
Default

roseirish, how exciting!! I do believe our hostess has been kind enough to include you in the festivities. Lucky you!
CookyIN is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 11:19 AM
  #127  
Super Member
 
CookyIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,483
Default

My package is winging its way to my Santee... going to a state I've never visited... is it going to you?
CookyIN is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 01:44 PM
  #128  
Senior Member
 
roseirish48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 838
Default

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
roseirish, how exciting!! I do believe our hostess has been kind enough to include you in the festivities. Lucky you!
lucky me--absolutely! but our hostess had nothing to do with this package. i have deduced who sent it and have sent a PM with one great big thank you. it was above and beyond any call of obligation. I havent opened it yet--i ill wait til opening day ofthis swap.
roseirish48 is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 02:36 PM
  #129  
Senior Member
 
marietta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 667
Default

We are all lucky, just to be here , if nothing else !!!
My package was mailed this morning to my Secret Santa to another country and the postage was about what I had expected, so no surprises for me. I'm just hoping when (see how optimistic I am..that it WILL get there lol ) that she likes at least one thing, then I'll be skippy happy ,
Really I have soooooo much to be Thankful and Grateful for after the year I've had , even if she didn't like any of it, I think I would really be ok with that. But ever the polly anna over here, I'm sure she will be ok with the package.
Now off to to clean and get ready for my second cataract surgery tomorrow.
Everyone have a great week.
marietta is offline  
Old 11-09-2020, 02:48 PM
  #130  
Super Member
 
m-fay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nabawa, Western Australia
Posts: 1,793
Default

Sending up a prayer for you tomorrow Marietta. Hope all goes well with your eye op. My 2020 was not too bad till Sept, safely cocooned from the virus here in WA but the Suns still shining and good things still happening and we can all count our blessings for Christmas
m-fay is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.