Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 10-25-2014, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
A lot of what I make has no instructions and just 'evolves' into the finished product.
Me too. Start an idea, end with a gift.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:02 PM

Woooow!!!! I can't believe all of the beautiful gifts and incredible talent here! I would be happy with ANY of these treasures!
Old 10-25-2014, 02:15 PM

mail man has been bringing packages all week. unfortunately they are all addressed to the kid as her birthday is tomorrow. still waiting on my ss box to arrive so i can enjoy shaking,rattling and rolling it between my grubby litle paws trying to guess at what is inside. oh, well, guess cabana boy will need to refill my drink
Old 10-25-2014, 02:53 PM

All the handmade gifts are so cute! Unfortunately, my handmade will not get done. I haven’t been here in several days because I’ve pretty much been asleep most of the time from all the drugs they have been giving me. I want to thank everyone for their well wishes regarding my eye and wish the best to others who are having their own problems right now.

It is still way too early to know what is going to happen with the eye. I’m seeing the doctor everyday and his main recommendation right now is to stay as quiet as I can and give the swelling time to go down. The good news is now I can see light and some movement.

I will check back here as often as I can. My SS package is complete and a friend is going to come over this week and help me pack it up and get it in the mail.

I feel so lucky to be part of this board!
Old 10-25-2014, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by juneayerza View Post
All the handmade gifts are so cute! Unfortunately, my handmade will not get done. I haven’t been here in several days because I’ve pretty much been asleep most of the time from all the drugs they have been giving me. I want to thank everyone for their well wishes regarding my eye and wish the best to others who are having their own problems right now.

It is still way too early to know what is going to happen with the eye. I’m seeing the doctor everyday and his main recommendation right now is to stay as quiet as I can and give the swelling time to go down. The good news is now I can see light and some movement.

I will check back here as often as I can. My SS package is complete and a friend is going to come over this week and help me pack it up and get it in the mail.

{{{{{{{{ June }}}}}}} I'm sure your Secret Santee will be more than happy, with whatever is in her gift box. You just take care of yourself and rest. If you're able to stumble down to the Hole, we'll find you a nice lounge chair in the corner, where it's peaceful and quiet. Since you're taking pain meds, we can fix you a nice pot of hot tea or cocoa. Feel better!
Old 10-25-2014, 03:31 PM

June, sometimes staying still and quiet is the hardest thing to do, isn't it? Just picture yourself down in the hole amongst your quilty friends, taking it easy like the doctor ordered. Neesie's right -- there's no pressure to include a handmade gift in your SS package, so don't fret.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:36 PM

Your sneak peeks all look awesome. I have been busy shopping and putting together some lovely gifts for my person and making a few things also. Hoping in post next week as im posting from Australia
Old 10-25-2014, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
A lot of what I make has no instructions and just 'evolves' into the finished product.
Likewise...I just make things & enjoy making things for special people...my giftee is a special person & is getting lots of special things I've made...hope she likes!
Old 10-25-2014, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
Currently having a Pacific Northwest storm surge. Translation: wind, rain, trees down, power outages expected. Scared.
I hope all went well, madamekelley!
Old 10-25-2014, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by juneayerza View Post

glad to hear that things are going well, June!