Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 11-06-2014, 03:12 AM

Posting to say I sent my SS parcel off today and all I will say is that it has a long way to go.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:01 AM

boy, all this burgh chatter makes me kinda homesick for Seattle, where I grew up. Ivar's fish & chips...yummmmy! The haibut steaks on the grill, & HUGE crabs! My mouths awatering! And I grew up in Snnosetown. The Nordik neightborhood. All those bakery items....lefska, cookies. Oh my! Gonna have to ask for a care package from my brother who still lives up there.

Ok gang. The packages are flying to their destinations now or soon will be. It's time for the discussion on opening day & time. Last year we did Dec. 8th, I believe at 3 p.m. eastern time. That would make it Dec. 7th this year. Same time? Any other ideas? Discussion is now open for this, so please sound off as to preferences.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
boy, all this burgh chatter makes me kinda homesick for Seattle, where I grew up. Ivar's fish & chips...yummmmy! The haibut steaks on the grill, & HUGE crabs! My mouths awatering! And I grew up in Snnosetown. The Nordik neightborhood. All those bakery items....lefska, cookies. Oh my! Gonna have to ask for a care package from my brother who still lives up there.

Ok gang. The packages are flying to their destinations now or soon will be. It's time for the discussion on opening day & time. Last year we did Dec. 8th, I believe at 3 p.m. eastern time. That would make it Dec. 7th this year. Same time? Any other ideas? Discussion is now open for this, so please sound off as to preferences.
Dec. 7th at 3 pm EST should work for me.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:50 AM

that would work for me
Old 11-06-2014, 07:06 AM

Neesie, I love NO!

I spent a lot of time in the French Quarter in my past life before moving to Arizona.

I took a tour to Oak Alley and had one of their Mint Juleps. It was amazing. Couldn't find it anywhere else so every year I took the same tour and just stayed on the back porch (do they call them porches in NO) and drank mint juleps while the tour was going on.

Eventually I had to google it and learned to make them myself.

I miss the French Quarter.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:19 AM

Oh I forgot to mention the other day......I send my package off. She should have it by now! It rattles when shaken. Sorry, some packages got wrapped, others just kind of stuffed in there! My husband ask me what all I sent and I told him some of the things, but then I couldn't remember everything! I had it ready to go too long and forgot what all I sent! HAHA. Hope whoever gets it enjoys all the goodies!
Old 11-06-2014, 07:21 AM

Dec. 7th sounds good to me. Teri, what do you think? Is this what you had in mind? I got my SS package mailed off, now I am anxious to get mine!

I have one more obligation then on to Christmas for my family. I joined the Jacob's Ladder swap and really getting excited about that. It isn't due till Jan. 30th, 2015 so there is no pressure. I think the best part of this swap is that I have all the fabric except one in my stash.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:57 AM

Dec 7th works for me.

I've only been to NOLA once....spent much of the afternoon on/around Bourbon Street - and more than a little time at Pat O'Brien's drinking Hurricanes...YUM !!!!.....ok....only had 2 but had to stop cuz i couldn't feel my nose any more !!! Last time i was in San Antonio they'd opened an O'Brien's just off the River Walk.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:11 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
Neesie, I love NO!

I spent a lot of time in the French Quarter in my past life before moving to Arizona.

I took a tour to Oak Alley and had one of their Mint Juleps. It was amazing. Couldn't find it anywhere else so every year I took the same tour and just stayed on the back porch (do they call them porches in NO) and drank mint juleps while the tour was going on.

Eventually I had to google it and learned to make them myself.

I miss the French Quarter.
Yes, they're called 'porches' in NO. They're also called 'verandas' and 'stoops' . . . so just about anything goes. NO is a bit of a melting pot, so the vernacular varies, according to the neighborhood. Back when I was growing up there (I'm now 61, so that was a good while ago), we just went with the flow.

Last edited by Neesie; 11-06-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:24 AM

Question for my Secret Santa-ee

How do you feel about receiving home-baked goodies? What I have in mind, would be baked the day before mailing, then sealed in Zip-Loc freezer bags . . . and has been known to stay 'fresh' for months.