Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 09-19-2014, 06:12 AM

Whoever posted the link to last years swap, along with the page number where the pic's start, I thank you kindly!

It gives me some great ideas! This is my first Secret Santa Swap and I am very excited!

For any other first timer's needing the info to get ideas: http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...30050-442.html
Old 09-19-2014, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
Please remind me? I am so forgetful that I missed it last year and really do want to participate this year.
Thank you for the reminder. I am all signed up. I have had DH install a diving board over the hole so getting into it will be as much fun as hanging out there! Lol!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:11 AM

Can someone direct me to the thread where we shared the contents of our SS gifts from each other? I have looked and looked and can not find any from any year.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:51 AM

[QUOTE=madamekelly;6895447]Can someone direct me to the thread where we shared the contents of our SS gifts from each other? I have looked and looked and can not find any from any year.[

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!
Old 09-19-2014, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
Make sure you get a PM back from me saying I have your info or you aren't signed up

Old 09-20-2014, 07:20 PM

Is this the thread we will use to chat about what we like and drop hints about what we're sending? This is my first SS and want to get it right. I don't want to end up in the hole......or do I??
Old 09-21-2014, 06:04 AM

Yes, this thread is for chatting only. I do want to say that with the dropping of hints and whatnot, there were people last year that went a bit overboard with their hinting and such. Some people actually knew who was sending to them from the hints that were put out. Others were getting upset that they wouldn't see the person they were sending to chatting on the thread.
THERE IS NO RULE SAYING YOU HAVE TO CHAT!!
The MAIN rule you HAVE to abide by is to be kind to everyone on the swap. No bashing or picking on people for not chatting during this process.

Originally Posted by mollymunchkin View Post
Is this the thread we will use to chat about what we like and drop hints about what we're sending? This is my first SS and want to get it right. I don't want to end up in the hole......or do I??
Old 09-21-2014, 06:05 AM

As to ending up in the hole...hmmm.....the corn is still in the field, so maybe I'll have to use the pit at the end of the yard this year. The skunk and woodchuck use it to get from one side of the road to the other and I don't know if they like company down there.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
Yes, this thread is for chatting only. I do want to say that with the dropping of hints and whatnot, there were people last year that went a bit overboard with their hinting and such. Some people actually knew who was sending to them from the hints that were put out. Others were getting upset that they wouldn't see the person they were sending to chatting on the thread.
THERE IS NO RULE SAYING YOU HAVE TO CHAT!!
The MAIN rule you HAVE to abide by is to be kind to everyone on the swap. No bashing or picking on people for not chatting during this process.
Thanks for mentioning this - it relieves a little pressure for me. I'm homeschooling four (two with special needs, and one of those, often sick in winter) so I can't chat a ton, but I still want to participate!! I'll chat when I can! So WARNING: if I don't chat, it's not because I don't want to!! But it may turn out that way. (And if you have my name, not tooooooo many clues - I do want to be surprised.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:16 AM

I've already bought my first "Arizona" gift . . . and it makes noise. Also got some things together for the make it myself gifts. Just waiting for color preferences. OK, walking to the pit now.