Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 11-18-2014, 11:37 AM

PenniF...............what a lovely assortment of gifts you sent to your Secret Santee. I am sure that she is very proud of them too. Thanks you for sharing with all of us today.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
What an awesome gift, you sent to your Secret Santee! It's a shame she didn't wait until the group party and proper date, before opening it.
If she is not on the board very often she may not be aware of the opening day..... But I do agree with you, is is a shame that she did not wait till the day. Half the fun is now going to be teasing everyone about the packages that are staring at us calling our names with temptation. "open me......open me......open meeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 11-18-2014, 11:52 AM

Neesie, I love all the homemade goodies you sent with your SS gifts. Lots of beautiful purple in that picture.

I stashed my SS gift box in a big plastic box with a lid so I can't hear it whispering to me, tempting me to be bad. I also put it in there to keep it away from the kitties. They think all my cardboard boxes are there for them to sharpen their claws. They can tear up a box in a hurry.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:56 AM

My gift is sitting on my dresser in my bedroom teasing me. I walk by it at least 6 times a day and I swear I see the big Santa on the side sticking his tongue out at me.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
Neesie, I love all the homemade goodies you sent with your SS gifts. Lots of beautiful purple in that picture.

I stashed my SS gift box in a big plastic box with a lid so I can't hear it whispering to me, tempting me to be bad. I also put it in there to keep it away from the kitties. They think all my cardboard boxes are there for them to sharpen their claws. They can tear up a box in a hurry.
Those were PenniF's lovely pictures of the wonderful things she sent to her Secret Santa-ee. Sadly, my own offering looks rather sad, by comparison.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
My gift is sitting on my dresser in my bedroom teasing me. I walk by it at least 6 times a day and I swear I see the big Santa on the side sticking his tongue out at me.
Yeah, mine is sitting behind my chair. I think it pokes me in the back every now and then. lol
Old 11-18-2014, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Those were PenniF's lovely pictures of the wonderful things she sent to her Secret Santa-ee. Sadly, my own offering looks rather sad, by comparison.
Please don't say that Neesie....everything but the $20 spent and the FQs came from makings from my stash / craft room. Believe it or not... the tea cup i used for the pin cushion (an idea stolen from someone else on the Board) is from a dozen i have left from the DD's shower favors when she got married 14 years ago !!! I NEVER throw anything away... I once made an American Indian costume for my DD's Barbie out of a fake suede skirt i wore in high school that was in a box in the attic.

........hmmmmm wonder if that's why i can't ever get that room organized or cleaned????
Old 11-18-2014, 12:26 PM

According to the tracking website, the package has arrived at my giftee's house. I hope she finds it before the snow starts falling tonight. I don't miss that cold weather.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:48 PM

Penni, I swear to goodness your package could have been custom-made for me! I'm sure your Santee was very happy!! Good thing you took a photo; I didn't so hope my Santee can post pictures. It's always such fun sharing what we received on Opening Day.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
Please don't say that Neesie....everything but the $20 spent and the FQs came from makings from my stash / craft room. Believe it or not... the tea cup i used for the pin cushion (an idea stolen from someone else on the Board) is from a dozen i have left from the DD's shower favors when she got married 14 years ago !!! I NEVER throw anything away... I once made an American Indian costume for my DD's Barbie out of a fake suede skirt i wore in high school that was in a box in the attic.

........hmmmmm wonder if that's why i can't ever get that room organized or cleaned????
PenniF are we related??? Unless the fabric is less than 1/2 wide it doesn't get tossed. I have found over the years that as soon as I get rid of something I need it. I have just gotten better at not bringing stuff into the house.

I think my box is conspiring with the envelopes from the ornament exchange, I keep hearing open me,open me, open me, open me and it is getting louder.