Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 10-06-2014, 06:06 PM

Oh more fun!!! I figure every bit of info helps, right?

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate?
Any chocolate is GOOD!!

What are your favorite fabric colors?
I'm drawn to purples, reds, teals, butter yellows, all colors. Nice blenders, paisleys, oh and nice size florals.

What are your favorite non-fabric colors?
Pink and grey, rust and purple, reds. Whites. I like color.

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.?
I lost my favorite ruler, 2.5"x6". I'm very sad. I've looked for one but they seem to be special and all the stores I've been in were out. (And I obtained two dozen RowByRow patterns....I miss that little ruler...) I like cute pins too.

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have.
I'd love a book with charm patterns or ooooo I'd love a Buggy Barn book. Why don't I have one of those?

Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type?
I've been reading quilter novels lately. They're fun.

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size?
Yes XLARGE would match my Jammie pants!!

Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items?
They would be fun!

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case?
A fun Pincushion would be fun.

Would you enjoy receiving socks?
Warm tootsies are always good!

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package.
Chocolate. My daughters have a pincushion/thread catcher hanging from their machine....why haven't they made me one...
Old 10-06-2014, 06:24 PM

RoseIrish quote ""I drink diet Mt Dew { A LITTLE Bacardi poured into it helps the flavor immensely}.""

RoseIrish....i will bring my own Coke...please come sit by me next time you visit the hole !!

Last edited by PenniF; 10-06-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:49 PM

I will fill in the extra questions in a minute to help my SS, but had to let you know that it is so cool that you are working on your third cookbook! That might be a cool gift for your SS!!!

Originally Posted by djmat View Post
I didn't see those extra questions, thanks for enlightening me... here are my responses.

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate? Milk chocolate!

What are your favorite fabric colors? All of them! I really love & collect small print 100% quilting cotton fabric.
Note: I have enough juvenile fabric to last until rapture.

What are your favorite non-fabric colors? Is there such a thing???? lol

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? No, thanks anyway.

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? No, thanks. Farmer's Wife (106), 50 Fabulous Stars (50), Dear Jane Stickle (123), & a bunch of others begging for attention from my shelf. A quilt can be made out of each block if need be, lotta blocks! I have been defined by my quilting group to be a purist, whatever that means.

I love math & science books. Reading 50 Things You Should Know about the Universe, on a physics kick right now.

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? ladies XL, Please, please, please no team insignias.

Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? Love to get regional deck of playing cards to take to Bible study, we play canasta after the lesson & not for $!

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? No, thanks though.

Would you enjoy receiving socks? The fuzzy socks that keep your feet warm in the winter. Yes, please, 6.5 shoe.

I hope this helps.

ETA:

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package:

Anything that Santa wishes to send will delight me.

Do you do applique? Embroidery? Only when the pattern calls for it, but do not enjoy it much.

What do you do when you're not quilting?
I work part time. I like cooking (writing my 3rd cookbook), community service activities, fishing, reading, piloting & travel when time permits, & playing cello.

I hope this helps you Santa! Been an awfully good girl this year, maybe just awful, but working on it!
Hugs to you & the elves,
DJ
Old 10-06-2014, 07:05 PM

Okay, I'm gonna throw out some SS questions, hoping my SS-ee will also answer.

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate?
Love all chocolate but prefer dark!

My favorite color is blue! But I love all colors when I make my scrappy quilts!

I guess I would go with blue again, but teal too.

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.?
Love all those little things! You never seem to be able to find them when you need one! Also I saw these cute little keychain template rulers somewhere that I thought I should have gotten and forgot.

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have.
I love receiving patterns! I have quite a few bag patterns already. Love love table centerpiece patterns. But I am not a big fan of doing applique. Maybe with some practice!

Love reading actual books! I am a Nora Roberts fan, also Karen Kingsbury

This would be cool! In XL please. But actually anything from your region would be cool! Love getting ornaments from different places!!

Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? Souvenir items would be cool! Postcards I am never sure what to do with them after.

Would love either one!!

I would enjoy! Again something fun and different!

The only other thing I can think of to say is to please have fun picking things for me! No stress allowed! A few others have said this too, I have no issue at all with you pulling from what you have or what you make! I promise I will treasure it all!!!!
Old 10-06-2014, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by juneayerza View Post
I'm with you Neesie I like the small quilted items too. If I were your SS (but I'm not) I would make you a cute candle rug.
Hey, June! I'm not saying I am your Secret Santa and I'm not saying I am not your Secret Santa. Whether or not I am or am not (gotta be one or the other BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA), I'd really like for you to give a little more information about your likes and dislikes. Just call me nosy. Anyway, if you have a few minutes to spare, please answer the following questions. I'd be ever so grateful! Thanks bunches!

Do you do applique? Embroidery?

What do you do when you're not quilting?

Please copy & paste. Add your own answers and any other questions you think would be helpful.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:04 PM

Well Neesie, not saying you are, but for whoever my SS is here goes.

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate? Not suppose to have candy for usual reason, but this time of year a little milk chocolate nut fudge is snuck in once in awhile.

What are your favorite fabric colors? I had listed pastels since they work the best for paper piecing orchids. I am also always on the lookout for colors that would reflect the color of ocean water. I work on underwater scenes; a combination of quilting, appliqué, silk ribbon and regular embroidery.

What are your favorite non-fabric colors? Mostly neutrals so I can add the accent colors to make it different.

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? I'm a gadget person and tend to get more of these kinds of things than I will ever use, so I don't need any more. However, cute zipper pulls and ocean related accents are always being sought out by me.

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have. I design my own patterns for quilts, but foundation paper piecing patterns of flowers would be appreciated.

Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? I don't have a lot of time to read for pleasure and have a stack of books I probably will never get to.

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? I travel all the time and have T-shirts up the wazoo.

Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? Same as above

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? That would be lovely or a small pouch for little items when on the road.

Would you enjoy receiving socks? You are lucky to see me with shoes on when I'm home; otherwise it's those nang nylons.

Please list any other items; you'd be happy to find in your SS package: Elmer school glue pens, any SS made items.

Do you do appliqué? Embroidery? I do both by hand.

What do you do when you're not quilting? Grow orchids and travel.

Bottom line - I really truly would be happy with anything. I enjoy the fun of it all and seeing what a total stranger tries to figure out for another total stranger LOL
Old 10-06-2014, 10:53 PM

I think I gave my SS plenty of info, but just in case he or she would like to know more...

Love dark chocolate

Like all colors and will use anything.

Sure, notions are great

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books?
Love patterns, books, magazines and second-hand is fine; love both vintage and new.

Enjoy cozy mysteries, but don't have any quilting-related. I read the first in a series of Amish quilt mysteries and enjoyed it very much. Can't remember the name but the lead character had inherited her aunt's quilt shop.

No but would love to receive a community cookbook from your area.

Postcards or a small item would be great; don't need another mug.

Anything made by my SS would be treasured.

No, have plenty already.

I'll be happy with whatever my SS wants to send. A copy of his/her favorite recipe would be a nice extra for me.

Do you do applique? Embroidery?
Not much embroidery right now; I've got a winter project planned that has lots of applique.

Old 10-07-2014, 12:15 AM

OH CookyIN's answer is great! Regional Cookbooks ROCK! Also, a family favorite recipe would be great.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:23 AM

Love the additional questions idea! Will hopefully be able to get back on later this evening or possibly tomorrow morning to answer.....Heading out the door......LOVE White Chocolate! (The only chocolate am able to have)Allergic to other chocolates..... But Skittles are wonderful too!!
Old 10-07-2014, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Okay, I'm gonna throw out some SS questions, hoping my SS-ee will also answer.

I like any kind of chocolate!
Favorite fabric color: probably red, teal is a close 2nd.
Non-fabric color is definitely red.
Sewing notions? Never can have enough!
Pattens/books: unusual patterns. I like "something different". Books, longarm ones. I have Irena Blooms, Karen McTavish, Gina Perkes. One on my wish list is 501 quilt designs. Just haven't picked it up yet.
regular books. I'm not much of a reader anymore. But non-fiction
T-shirt: XL
Regional stuff: yes, love it!
Pincushion: a quilter never has enough of them! Needlecase, yes
socks: you bet! The funnier the better! They'd go great with my Dolphin slippers!
I'd be tickled to find anything hand made from my Santa. mug rug, candle mat, Christmas ornament. Something unusual!

Am having a hard time finding anything on my Santaee. They've been a member of the board for a long time, but hardly any posts. Gonna have to do some real searching this year! Hope they answer all these questions too.