Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER >

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Old 12-18-2011, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
TERRI!!!! Charlee had a party and didn't invite us*****going to corner to pout ******
SHARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRON~~~she forgot to invite me also...I have been pouting lots.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:39 AM

I had a party, too. 20 of my employees showed up. We had a lots of fun. I am ready for another. Are we having it at your house, Charlee???? We don't want pouters. Santa is really watching this week!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:40 AM

Party! Did someone say party! Were there Snickerdoodles?
Hey I didn't get an invite either, whats the deal with that!
Lisa
Old 12-19-2011, 05:51 AM

Hey guys, if you want to see a party, check out this.... go to my thread "Grannof6 and her gingerbread party". Now THAT was a party!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 06:02 AM

I sent a thank you to jnebug as soon a I opened my SS package. I did this by private message, so many of us that you don't see replying on the SS board thanked this way. I also received a thank you from my recipient also by PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:43 AM

Hey grann of 6! Your party was sooooooooooooooooooo cool! Your Oldest DGS Is really cute does he have a grilfriend?? I'm just asking because i have a daughter thats 18?????????????????? LOL Matchmaking is a dying profession don't you think. rotfl
Lisa
Old 12-19-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317 View Post
Hey grann of 6! Your party was sooooooooooooooooooo cool! Your Oldest DGS Is really cute does he have a grilfriend?? I'm just asking because i have a daughter thats 18?????????????????? LOL Matchmaking is a dying profession don't you think. rotfl
Lisa
You are tooooo funny! No, no girlfriend for him. He is an engineering major at Virginia Tech, and from the sounds of it, his education is his girlfriend. Last year we were asking him if there were any cute girls there, he said, "It's an engineering school, there are 1800 guys and about 100 girls, and no they're not particularly cute. Now the other one that is almost 18, he has a girlfriend. He has always been the one to like the girls. He is the one at the little back table on the right hand side. He and the older one are brothers. The boy on the left is brother to the heavier girl down in the front of the picture. Then the 2 youngest girls, the blonds, are sisters. The girl with the long dark pony tail and dark sweater is my "fake" granddaughter. She is DGDs best friend and a family friend.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:07 AM

I'm a casualty of Christmas Baking! I just knew that I shouldn't be making lots of stuff this year...DDIL aand I were doing a big baking day yesterday...I decided to try a new recipe from Karo syrup...Almond Toffee. It is delicious, but can be a big pain. The first batch I overcooked in the microwave....burnt toffee, YUCK...so tossed that out. The second batch...perfect. BUT...in transferring from the hot bowl to the pan to cool...the hot toffee splashed onto my finger and was glued to it! So, ring finger on my right hand is second degree burned from the 1st knuckle to below the 2nd knuckle. Good thing DDIL is a nurse!
So Christmas baking continues today...but my finger is in a sterile bandage and cooking with a rubber glove...only got 2 done today...may see if my husband is willing to help a bit tonight, with something else but the eating!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

Susie- LOL I totally understand Saturday My sister, niece and I had a big baking day and my oldest son was the "Official Tester" he is still uncertain about the safeness of the cookies and wanted to quarantine them ALL Stinker

PARTY??? party at Charlees WOO HOO I am there
Old 12-19-2011, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
I'm a casualty of Christmas Baking! I just knew that I shouldn't be making lots of stuff this year...DDIL aand I were doing a big baking day yesterday...I decided to try a new recipe from Karo syrup...Almond Toffee. It is delicious, but can be a big pain. The first batch I overcooked in the microwave....burnt toffee, YUCK...so tossed that out. The second batch...perfect. BUT...in transferring from the hot bowl to the pan to cool...the hot toffee splashed onto my finger and was glued to it! So, ring finger on my right hand is second degree burned from the 1st knuckle to below the 2nd knuckle. Good thing DDIL is a nurse!
So Christmas baking continues today...but my finger is in a sterile bandage and cooking with a rubber glove...only got 2 done today...may see if my husband is willing to help a bit tonight, with something else but the eating!
Oooohhh!!!! Painful! I am just now in the process of making pizzelles. We will see how many burns I get from taking them off the pizzelle iron, always happens every year. I got the basement cleaned up anyway. I would love to make some spritz, but not sure I have the patience for them. One year I had so much trouble getting them from the spritz tube thingie to the pan (wouldn't stick to the pan) I ended up making balls and flattening them. Haven't made spritz since. But I saw someone gave a hint to chill the cookie sheet first, so I may try that.

My DDIL and DGD are planning on coming over Saturday to bake cookies in my oven, since hers is broken and they are waiting to redo the entire kitchen before replacing the oven. She has a wall oven from back in the 50s or 60s. They don't make one anymore that will fit the opening in the cabinets. I may just plan to sew while they are using the kitchen.